Antigona much cheaper from Harrods.com. Anyone order from them before?

Lashes818

O.G.
Dec 7, 2006
Since they deduct the VAT it is coming out much cheaper, a few hundred dollars. Anyone order from them to the US? I've seen some posts where people have to pay duties etc, so does it even out?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I have been eyeing the Medium Black Antigona on Harrod's for several months, as it is less expensive and Harrod's often has 10% off codes if you are a Rewards Member (free to join).
Well last night, I used their 10% off weekend code and another 10% off code that I dug through my email to find. I could not believe it worked! 20% off all together.
I paid through Paypal and was charged 1510.00 for the brand new Medium Shiny Black Antigona. Paypal gives you an exact conversion rate before you pay so you don't have to deal with not knowing the exact rate- ie whatever you bank or credit card decides.

Yes I may get hit with duty, I am crossing my fingers that I do not. I marked the item GIFT so maybe that will help. Even if I do get charged, it will still be less pricey than the USA cost of the bag in NYC.

I have been eyeing the Medium Black Antigona on Harrod's for several months, as it is less expensive and Harrod's often has 10% off codes if you are a Rewards Member (free to join).
Well last night, I used their 10% off weekend code and another 10% off code that I dug through my email to find. I could not believe it worked! 20% off all together.
I paid through Paypal and was charged 1510.00 for the brand new Medium Shiny Black Antigona. Paypal gives you an exact conversion rate before you pay so you don't have to deal with not knowing the exact rate- ie whatever you bank or credit card decides.

Yes I may get hit with duty, I am crossing my fingers that I do not. I marked the item GIFT so maybe that will help. Even if I do get charged, it will still be less pricey than the USA cost of the bag in NYC.
Please do update the forum on how the fees work out when you get a chance! I've considered shopping on Selfridges or Harrods....

Please do update the forum on how the fees work out when you get a chance! I've considered shopping on Selfridges or Harrods....
I ordered from Harrods a couple months back. Definitely cheaper, even with my credit card conversion fee of 3%. It took a week for Harrod's to ship it to me, but once it was sent to DHL I received it the next morning. Haven't received a duties bill for it yet - I've read that it sometimes takes a few months - but I know overall it will be cheaper than if I had purchased it in the US.

I ordered from Harrods a couple months back. Definitely cheaper, even with my credit card conversion fee of 3%. It took a week for Harrod's to ship it to me, but once it was sent to DHL I received it the next morning. Haven't received a duties bill for it yet - I've read that it sometimes takes a few months - but I know overall it will be cheaper than if I had purchased it in the US.

That's good to know, thanks for the info!

I will definitely update on the delivery /duty and do a reveal.. Crossing my fingers for no duty.

Wish I had a few coupon codes - Congrats!

Thanks! I am very excited.

It is cheaper. I purchased a small black antigona perhaps 1 to 1.5 yrs ago - I am in California. I think it was about $1,500 U.S. - I did get hit with duty, about $70 U.S. which still made it cheaper than buying it stateside.

I think you get hit if it totals over $1,000 U.S. - I read that somewhere.

Harrod's also seems to have a better selection - probably because it is a European line so easier access?

Reactions: needtostopspending
It took a week for Harrod's to ship it to me, but once it was sent to DHL I received it the next morning..

I appear to be having the same slow service! It's been a week since I placed my order or actually 8 days, and nothing so far. if this was not Harrod's I was dealing with I would be highly suspicious.. Anyways they have 3 more days to give my my Antigona:pout:!

I appear to be having the same slow service! It's been a week since I placed my order or actually 8 days, and nothing so far. if this was not Harrod's I was dealing with I would be highly suspicious.. Anyways they have 3 more days to give my my Antigona:pout:!

Yeah I had a week of silence from them, so finally I emailed and asked when I could expect it to be shipped. They replied some time in the next couple days, but coincidentally an hour or two after Harrods replied I got my DHL shipping confirmation!

Yeah I had a week of silence from them, so finally I emailed and asked when I could expect it to be shipped. They replied some time in the next couple days, but coincidentally an hour or two after Harrods replied I got my DHL shipping confirmation!

Amazing, same thing happened to me! My Medium Black Antigona arrived last night. I will do a reveal soon. I emailed Harrod's on Tuesday AM asking for an update and magically an hour later I got the DHL overnight shipment information.

Most Importantly I was not charged any duty, They send me nearly 5 pages of documents/receipts. One of them was a Customs slip with nothing marked on it as in nothing due. It was marked GIFT as well. I hope that means that is the last I hear from customs! I'm so thrilled to have gotten such a good deal and the Bag is in Pristine condition as was packed extremely well. :smile::smile:

Amazing, same thing happened to me! My Medium Black Antigona arrived last night. I will do a reveal soon. I emailed Harrod's on Tuesday AM asking for an update and magically an hour later I got the DHL overnight shipment information.

Most Importantly I was not charged any duty, They send me nearly 5 pages of documents/receipts. One of them was a Customs slip with nothing marked on it as in nothing due. It was marked GIFT as well. I hope that means that is the last I hear from customs! I'm so thrilled to have gotten such a good deal and the Bag is in Pristine condition as was packed extremely well. :smile::smile:
That's amazing! I can't wait to see your reveal :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yahoo::woot: