Frustrated!

Kc14

Jan 3, 2013
I was in town visiting family, and I ordered the small black Sadie from the sale at a coach store in Ann Arbor MI. I was told I would receive it within 3-4 business days. This was last Saturday. Wednesday morning the bag came. I opened it and it was a large Phoebe bag. I was obviously annoyed. I called the store and the "manager " said it was shipped from a store in Virginia and she acted like it was no big deal, the style numbers were similar so that's why it happened. No apology, nothing. She said I could bring the Phoebe back and they'd send the correct one. I live over an hour away from a Coach store and have a disabled three year old daughter. Needless to say, I told her that wouldn't be happening anytime soon. She seemed irritated and said they'd overnight me a label and I could take it to the post office. Well that's still an inconvenience for me, to take time out of my day to go to the post office that's 25 minutes away from my house. Again, no apology or anything. She said they'd order the bag from the warehouse and have it overnighted. Well that was Wednesday. I called back today and she said it wouldn't come until Monday. I asked for the manager, and it was the same girl, who said she was a manager but not the "store manager." ??? And I'm certainly not making a trip to the post office until I receive my new bag. I know I'll get it, I guess I just feel as though they could have been more apologetic or offered me 10% off my next purchase....SOMETHING. My husband said they know you'll still buy from them so they don't care. But what happened to good old fashioned customer service? Am I way overreacting ? I definitely will not be doing business with Coach in Briarwood mall.

I was in town visiting family, and I ordered the small black Sadie from the sale at a coach store in Ann Arbor MI. I was told I would receive it within 3-4 business days. This was last Saturday. Wednesday morning the bag came. I opened it and it was a large Phoebe bag. I was obviously annoyed. I called the store and the "manager " said it was shipped from a store in Virginia and she acted like it was no big deal, the style numbers were similar so that's why it happened. No apology, nothing. She said I could bring the Phoebe back and they'd send the correct one. I live over an hour away from a Coach store and have a disabled three year old daughter. Needless to say, I told her that wouldn't be happening anytime soon. She seemed irritated and said they'd overnight me a label and I could take it to the post office. Well that's still an inconvenience for me, to take time out of my day to go to the post office that's 25 minutes away from my house. Again, no apology or anything. She said they'd order the bag from the warehouse and have it overnighted. Well that was Wednesday. I called back today and she said it wouldn't come until Monday. I asked for the manager, and it was the same girl, who said she was a manager but not the "store manager." ??? And I'm certainly not making a trip to the post office until I receive my new bag. I know I'll get it, I guess I just feel as though they could have been more apologetic or offered me 10% off my next purchase....SOMETHING. My husband said they know you'll still buy from them so they don't care. But what happened to good old fashioned customer service? Am I way overreacting ? I definitely will not be doing business with Coach in Briarwood mall.
Forgot to mention the Phoebe that did come looked like garbage. It had no tags , no stuffing, and looked rumpled and used. If that was the bag I had ordered, I would have definitely complained !!

Yes you're overreacting. Would you have liked the manager to pick up your bag and hand deliver the new one to your door? Mistakes happen. We're all human. NOBODY is perfect.

Wow. I have never lived more than 10 minutes from a post office.... Still.... How other way did you expect to return the wrong bag that would involve you not even leaving your house?

It was their mistake, they could do a UPS pickup. They've done it for me before. And Amazon does it too.

And anabg, yes they could have offered to do a pickup. I can't help it's that far away. And again....a ail,e apology would've been nice . I've worked in customer service and apologized for a mistake when the merchandise was $5, let alone over$100. Simple courtesy....

Dang. All I expected was an apology . I never expected not to leave my house. And good for you if you live right by a post office/ ups office.

You're not overreacting. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to correct their mistake.

You've wasted enough time on the phone with them. I'd expect them to organise a pick up and offer a thousand apologies.

Even if I lived 5 mins away from the post office, I'd still feel the same way. Their mistake, not mine.

Dang. All I expected was an apology . I never expected not to leave my house. And good for you if you live right by a post office/ ups office.

Ok. There is no need to respond to me with that tone. I guess the title of your thread was a huge understatement. Is that how you spoke to them on the phone. If that's the case, I get it why you will be driving 25 minutes.

I have been to the Briarwood Ann Arbor Coach store and I am very sympathetic to your plight and your story. It's a small store, with the store salespeople and managers having attitudes and I have had issues at that store before. I once had to return a bag (the buffalo chelsea flagship tote) where the stitching had come undone in less than a week, and they gave me an attitude about the return. I never return things, but this bag was literally falling apart. This was a couple of years ago and I now live in the metro-detroit area instead of Ann Arbor so I don't shop at that store anymore, and trust me I don't miss it. :P

I think the fact that they have a captive college audience and they are the only game in town unless you come out to the metro Detroit area, gives them a bit of an attitude.

Certainly you should have gotten the bag you ordered, you should have gotten an apology, and you should have gotten a convenient way of returning the bag that met your needs. :smile:

I shop at the Somerset Mall Coach store now and get much better customer service.

You're not overreacting. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to correct their mistake.

You've wasted enough time on the phone with them. I'd expect them to organise a pick up and offer a thousand apologies.

Even if I lived 5 mins away from the post office, I'd still feel the same way. Their mistake, not mine.

I have been to the Briarwood Ann Arbor Coach store and I am very sympathetic to your plight and your story. It's a small store, with the store salespeople and managers having attitudes and I have had issues at that store before. I once had to return a bag (the buffalo chelsea flagship tote) where the stitching had come undone in less than a week, and they gave me an attitude about the return. I never return things, but this bag was literally falling apart. This was a couple of years ago and I now live in the metro-detroit area instead of Ann Arbor so I don't shop at that store anymore, and trust me I don't miss it. :P

I think the fact that they have a captive college audience and they are the only game in town unless you come out to the metro Detroit area, gives them a bit of an attitude.

Certainly you should have gotten the bag you ordered, you should have gotten an apology, and you should have gotten a convenient way of returning the bag that met your needs. :smile:

I shop at the Somerset Mall Coach store now and get much better customer service.

+1
How is it your fault is what I'm wondering?? They messed up and sent you the Wrong bag in the first place!!
Sorry this happened..

Yes they should've been more helpful and the fact that you have a disabled child should bear more assistance from the associates and sensitivity with the comments from the catty online trolling that is going on on this page, there are ways to have a differing opinion without the snotty undertones...