Advise needed! Mod shot

AliciaBB

May 5, 2014
Hi ladies! Just received this bayswater and could I get opinion from you guys? It's beautiful but do u think its a bit too big on me? Should I keep it or exchange it? Thanks..btw I'm 5'4ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405644317.570770.jpg

I think it looks absolutely beautiful on you. It is just a bigger style bag, that looks very elegant but not oversized. The Oak looks fabulous with what you are wearing and is a great classic style that goes with everything and doesn't date.

It maybe depends on what you are used to. Do you usually carry smaller bags?

I am 5'4" and have 2 Bayswaters and love them both. I have never considered them too big for me. I tried on the Willow and that was big, also the double zip Bays and some of the newer Mulberry oversized bags but I think the Bays is a lovely size.

CaribbeanPrincess has loads and I think about the same height, they look absolutely fantastic on her. Come on CP where are you, your input is needed?

I personally think it's a large bag for your frame. I wouldn't say it looks large in a bad way but I think the fact you are asking for advice says you aren't sure yourself.

I've learnt the hard way that if there is a bag you aren't 100% sure about, it isn't worth it. It's a lot of money to spend if on occasions you aren't going to use it because you think it looks too big.

I don't envy this decision at all because its a beautiful bag! Good Luck

i personally think it's a large bag for your frame. I wouldn't say it looks large in a bad way but i think the fact you are asking for advice says you aren't sure yourself.

I've learnt the hard way that if there is a bag you aren't 100% sure about, it isn't worth it. It's a lot of money to spend if on occasions you aren't going to use it because you think it looks too big.

I don't envy this decision at all because its a beautiful bag! Good luck
+1

It is a beautiful bag, but i think it looks a little big :sad:, can you compare it with any similar bags you may have?
Hi, thanks for the reply, I havent had any big bag like the bayswater in my collection, my biggest ones might be the Balenciaga City which looks perfect on me but its in a different style, the other I could think of is a LV speedy, and that looks okay too...

I personally think it's a large bag for your frame. I wouldn't say it looks large in a bad way but I think the fact you are asking for advice says you aren't sure yourself.

I don't envy this decision at all because its a beautiful bag! Good Luck
Yea I'd say you might be right, I do love the leather and the style of bayswater and I just wish I am taller :sad: Not 100% sure about this bayswater and its heavy too since I have to load lots of stuff in it. maybe I should go for a SBS?

I think it looks absolutely beautiful on you. It is just a bigger style bag, that looks very elegant but not oversized. The Oak looks fabulous with what you are wearing and is a great classic style that goes with everything and doesn't date.

It maybe depends on what you are used to. Do you usually carry smaller bags?

I am 5'4" and have 2 Bayswaters and love them both. I have never considered them too big for me. I tried on the Willow and that was big, also the double zip Bays and some of the newer Mulberry oversized bags but I think the Bays is a lovely size.

CaribbeanPrincess has loads and I think about the same height, they look absolutely fantastic on her. Come on CP where are you, your input is needed?
Hi Mulberrygal yes I usually carry smaller crossbody bags and my biggest bag is a Balenciaga city and LV speedy...Never had a bag this size and wasn't sure about it..

Hi ladies! Just received this bayswater and could I get opinion from you guys? It's beautiful but do u think its a bit too big on me? Should I keep it or exchange it? Thanks..btw I'm 5'4View attachment 2689888

It looks good and really suits you in the mod shot such a shame but i feel its slightly too big for you as i felt the same with it was a little large for me im 5ft 5' and have just one bays now Chestnut Congo Bays my h/grail and fav. I just about get away with it.

What about a sbs in oak?
Ob much smaller but a med size bag same kinda design and could look fab on you?

I've tried twice with bays (but never oak) and think they may just not be for me. I'd love to own one and TBH keep looking at them but in the end got a east west bays from Bicester - Classic style, I can fit it over my shoulder and it's not too heavy.

Is it that you love the bays or you like the idea of having a bays? Would you be gutted if you returned it?

Xx

Yea I'd say you might be right, I do love the leather and the style of bayswater and I just wish I am taller :sad: Not 100% sure about this bayswater and its heavy too since I have to load lots of stuff in it. maybe I should go for a SBS?

I have the sbs and adore her; you get the same styling and quality of leather, but in miniature. She can be worn on the shoulder, in the hand or in the crook of the arm and you can fit a surprising amount in her. I saw a choc one in Bicester Village last week. I do have Bayswaters, but would never take them shopping - they're just too heavy. I'm 5'5", if that helps ... :smile:

I think it looks great, but if you don't love it will you use it?

Have you thought about the new buckle bays? It's not everyone's cup of tea but in terms of size it's between an SBS and a regular bays I think.