Crack in my 4 month old mahina!!!

If they recommend a repair you can definitely push for a replacement. I had a zcp in mono that the glazing kept peeling off of. The first time they sent it for repair, it came back and within days was peeling. Then I asked for a new which they gave me- then that one started peeling - I just use the wallet now but I think if you are pushy enough, you can get what you want :smile:

Just be firm and you will get exactly what u want. I had my speedy b 30 DE for 3 or 4 months when the piping started chipping off. My SA had the day off on the day I brought it in to see what they would say, so I saw another SA. She was insistent on charging me $110 or something like that to have it repaired.

I would not take that as an acceptable answer so asked to speak to the manager. The manager apologized right away and offered to send out for repair for free or replace it with a brand new one. I looked at the brand new ones and they were all made in USA while mine was MIF. I opted to have it sent out for repair. They returned it to me within a couple of weeks. Great experience.... So don't be a softie.... Be stern and they will do what u want..... Especially since your bag was about 3x the cost of mine.

I'm so sorry this has happened to your beautiful bag. I found a few tiny cracks in the canvas on the top rim of my Mono Metis hobo and took it in to see what they would say. The bag was about a year and three months old at the time. The gal took photos and emailed them out (it was a small Saks store so no in-store repair person). Within 15 minutes I received a call to come back and get my brand new bag. I hope the same happens to you.

Thank you everyone for your inspiring stories! Unfortunately they wouldn't give me store credit, but they did send it out for a repair. The sa said that is their first course of action and if it happens again they'll re-evaluate. I was upset after I spent that much money, and only had the bag for a short time before it was damaged, I thought store credit wouldn't be a problem. I called the 800 number and was told that store credit isn't typically their first solution. Ok fine. The guy from 800 said he had never ever heard of a crack in a mahina. He said that very rarely, but every once in a while a purse is sent in for repair and once they see it they find that the purse was not made right, is deemed defective and un fixable. I wonder if this is my case because both the sa at the store and the 800 guy were very surprised by it. He also told me he was surprised I was not charged for the repair! I was already so upset so I'm glad they didn't even suggest that, I would have been so furious!

Thanks for all your kind words! Not entirely an unsuccessful day, just not what I had hoped. :smile:

Thank you everyone for your inspiring stories! Unfortunately they wouldn't give me store credit, but they did send it out for a repair. The sa said that is their first course of action and if it happens again they'll re-evaluate. I was upset after I spent that much money, and only had the bag for a short time before it was damaged, I thought store credit wouldn't be a problem. I called the 800 number and was told that store credit isn't typically their first solution. Ok fine. The guy from 800 said he had never ever heard of a crack in a mahina. He said that very rarely, but every once in a while a purse is sent in for repair and once they see it they find that the purse was not made right, is deemed defective and un fixable. I wonder if this is my case because both the sa at the store and the 800 guy were very surprised by it. He also told me he was surprised I was not charged for the repair! I was already so upset so I'm glad they didn't even suggest that, I would have been so furious!

Thanks for all your kind words! Not entirely an unsuccessful day, just not what I had hoped. :smile:

I think it depends. If it's a crack in the actual leather, I doubt that they will attempt to repair it. If it's the just glazing that runs down the center, I'm sure they can repair it. And you're very right, it may go in for the repair and they decide there's nothing they can do and give you a new bag or store credit at that point. It sounds like they are just following their procedure so I wouldn't worry just yet. Hope you hear some good news either way soon.

i have the same problem with my neverfull!! it has a lot of cracks and it's half a year old! do you know if i could insist to get something else! a friend of mine bought her neverfull at the same time as mine and has the same cracks! so i don't believe in repairing it, because it will just be the same thing in a few months! and i do not want to send an expensive bag a way every few months to repair it!

I think you will get a phone call soon telling you it was a defect and offering you a store credit. I'm mean come on its only a few months old!!!
Please keep us updated.

i have the same problem with my neverfull!! it has a lot of cracks and it's half a year old! do you know if i could insist to get something else! a friend of mine bought her neverfull at the same time as mine and has the same cracks! so i don't believe in repairing it, because it will just be the same thing in a few months! and i do not want to send an expensive bag a way every few months to repair it!
I agree with you completely! I expect to get the repaired purse back and then be going through this a few months down the road. I feel if they're willing to do all that, what is the difference to give store credit from the get go and be done with it. You should take yours in asap. When I bought a wallet, and when I initially bought this purse, they said if you notice any cracks/defects bring it in immediately. Good luck to you!!!!

I think you will get a phone call soon telling you it was a defect and offering you a store credit. I'm mean come on its only a few months old!!!
Please keep us updated.
Thank you!!! I soooo hope you're right. Another concern is another price increase. If this is all happening again a few months from now, my store credit won't get me as far! They over nighted it to the repair center, so hopefully I'll hear something soon :confused1:

Update on my Neverfull! i went to the store and they told me that it might be possible that the repair is for free! Well YES i hope so!!! but I told her that i wasn't to interested in repairing it, because it might just happen again and if it was possible to have an exchange. and she just said "no". so now my bag is at the store and they'll call me in a few days and they will probably tell me to get it fixed.
And they told me that they heard of that problem, but they aren't so often. And i just thought, well not everyone notice! At the same time in the store, there was a lady caring her neverfull ebene and I saw that she also had crackings on hers!!!!!!
I'm really mad, because as you said, if it happens again, the money i've spent there won't take me as far as it does now!

I bought preloved Mahina Solar, just found it actually has small crack on the glazing area. I love this bag because the leather is very soft and it is very comfy on my shoulder but this is just a bummer, it is hard to believe that they cannot replace the new one, I don't believe this is new to them, it is really just heart breaking, what is going on with LV's quality control? Please keep post to us, I would like to know if it is repairable or not too. It is truly a great leather bag.