Should I take it? Love the color but dislike the leather!

I have been offered a rose jaipur Clemence ghw b30. I absolutely love, love, LOVE the color! But Clemence is not my ideal leather of choice for a birkin because of the slouchy factor (I prefer Togo or chevre; Epsom is too stiff for my liking). My SA said most RJ birkins come in Clemence nowadays, so.. What should I do?!

Clemence in a 30 should be fine - shouldn't slouch like a 35. hardly any difference between togo and clemence recently. In the past i can tell difference, also clemence less likely to be a stinker as most of the recent smelly bags are togo or epsom

I would take the bag if I were you. I'm not sure if it is appropriate to make this suggestion here - but what about getting in touch with a reseller to "trade" the bag for a B30 rose jaipur ghw in togo? These bags cost so much money that you should be able to have something you truly love. Honestly the chances of finding another one exactly the same except Togo is pretty slim. I know here in HK the brick and mortar resellers would take that option (to them they can sell the clemence for as much as a togo and RJ is such a crowd-pleaser). If you go down this route go through a brick and mortar reseller with an excellent reputation, so you can see what you're getting and be assured it's new and authentic. Hope that helps!
p.s. but I was reading in the other thread about all the odd smell issues with recent Togos so that's another issue to consider. I personally am not a fan of Togo and adore Clemence; how about considering Epsom?

hi dear love paris
i totally understand what you are going through
so - my suggestion is this, have you gotten a chance to see how rose jaipur looks on Clemence?
i ask because i know for me, my gold like slightly different on different leathers.
therefore i think this may be something that you could potentially think about.
and of course, some are stricter with the perfect combination
i respect that and i wish i was more like them
because i just jump all over when i am offered ANYTHING
alas all H are beautiful
albeit some more than others

so i guess what i am saying is that-
seeing the b30 in real life may help with your decision

^ i just double checked and realized you are looking at a b30
which imho is more of an ladylike make
and i would agree that if you dont like your bags slouchy
b30 may not be the first place to start

Both of my 30Bs are in clemence and to be honest, they don't get as slouchy as the 35s but I do rotate my bags quite a bit so it is not a concern to me. I think the combo you are looking for will be quite hard to find unless you SO and the color combo is available to you. Good luck deciding.

I don't have any Togo B30, so I can't compare with my new RJ B30 in clemence. But I do love structure, like why I love my K28 box sellier. However, a little softness is ok, but I hope it will not become too soft like Lindy (in clemence) after a couple years too! Besides, I also feel safe to have clemence rather than Togo due to the recent leather issue too! What I've done, I DIY a plastic backing to support the front, bottom & back panels inside. It does help keeping the shape. Rose Jaipur is just too beautiful IRL. Go have a look first!

Clemence in a 30 should be fine - shouldn't slouch like a 35. hardly any difference between togo and clemence recently. In the past i can tell difference, also clemence less likely to be a stinker as most of the recent smelly bags are togo or epsom

Exactly this.
Clemence in size 30 is fine. Softer to the touch than togo yes, but stands as stiff as togo. My moutarde clemence from 2012 is still as stiff as when it was new. Just make sure u stuffed the bag properly when u store it.
I have RJ with GHW in B35..
Its a pretty pretty color.. 😉