Seller with 0 FB - Help!

Aug 25, 2010
Hi everyone! I had some concerns about an item I am considering purchasing and was hoping you all might be able to help. I have been communicating with a seller on eBay over the last few days about a bag they have listed. The seller only has one item (the bag I have my eye on) listed and at a great price. This item was set at a BIN with option for making a best offer. I am very close to pulling the trigger but I have never purchased something from a seller with no feedback at all and am worried that I may get burned. The seller agreed upon a price that she would accept for the bag that is almost too good to be true. I did express my concerns about buying from a seller that has no FB which the seller understood.

I don't know how to tell if I should be worried about buying from this seller, as I know everyone has to start somewhere right? Any help or tips of what I should look out for would be much appreciated. The item amount would total out to about $225.00... TIA!! :smile:

Did you have the bag authenticated here on the forum or do you know enough about
what you are purchasing?

Is the seller providing clear pictures? Does this bag have wear to it? If so,
have you asked for close up pics of for example corner wear, lining (any ink marks etc)
if there is hardware, is the hardware in good condition? Is the strap in good condition, etc

If you are satisfied with the seller's pics & answers to any questions you have, don't
see any reason why you should not proceed with the transaction.

Buyers as well as sellers have to start somewhere & this could turn out to be a
win win transaction.

Did you have the bag authenticated here on the forum or do you know enough about
what you are purchasing?

Is the seller providing clear pictures? Does this bag have wear to it? If so,
have you asked for close up pics of for example corner wear, lining (any ink marks etc)
if there is hardware, is the hardware in good condition? Is the strap in good condition, etc

If you are satisfied with the seller's pics & answers to any questions you have, don't
see any reason why you should not proceed with the transaction.

Buyers as well as sellers have to start somewhere & this could turn out to be a
win win transaction.

+1 I have found some great deals on pre-loved bags through sellers who were new to Ebay. I did my research and all turned out very well.

Thank you ladies! I think I will follow through based on your feedback. I feel better knowing that things have worked out for both of you with new sellers in the past. I appreciate your help! :smile:

So I just wanted to take a moment to follow up on my post...

As mentioned in my previous reply, I did decide to go through with the transaction... I am SO happy that I followed the advice given, as I am over the moon right now! Just received the bag and can't believe I got this bag for what I paid. Not only is the bag authentic and brand new, but I got it faster then I thought and the bag is even more beautiful then I imagined! I am so grateful for the advice given and can't thank you ladies enough!! I am still in awe that I got a brand new $800+ bag that is current season for $225! Wahoo!

I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on this gem without the help I received here, and can't thank everyone enough. You are all rock stars!!! :smile:

So I just wanted to take a moment to follow up on my post...

As mentioned in my previous reply, I did decide to go through with the transaction... I am SO happy that I followed the advice given, as I am over the moon right now! Just received the bag and can't believe I got this bag for what I paid. Not only is the bag authentic and brand new, but I got it faster then I thought and the bag is even more beautiful then I imagined! I am so grateful for the advice given and can't thank you ladies enough!! I am still in awe that I got a brand new $800+ bag that is current season for $225! Wahoo!

I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on this gem without the help I received here, and can't thank everyone enough. You are all rock stars!!! :smile:

It was worth taking a chance & it worked out well... Enjoy your bag:tup: