Vernis or monogram canvas

JeanaSmith

May 29, 2011
Hi everyone, I am looking to purchase my first key pouch in either vernis or monogram canvas. I will be using it as a wallet or card holder for inside my smaller bags. I have watched a lot of videos some negative some positive on the vernis. I already own 3 handbags and, a emilie wallet and a cosmetic pouch all in DE. Please help me decide. I'm scared of the vernis pull eventually cracking and peeling. Where I know the canvas holds up better but I just want a change. Any other suggestions. Any help is appreciated. I will also post pics when I finally decide. Thanks so much!

Hi everyone, I am looking to purchase my first key pouch in either vernis or monogram canvas. I will be using it as a wallet or card holder for inside my smaller bags. I have watched a lot of videos some negative some positive on the vernis. I already own 3 handbags and, a emilie wallet and a cosmetic pouch all in DE. Please help me decide. I'm scared of the vernis pull eventually cracking and peeling. Where I know the canvas holds up better but I just want a change. Any other suggestions. Any help is appreciated. I will also post pics when I finally decide. Thanks so much!
What about a ZCP in vernis? I have the key pouch in pomme and one in mono.
The vernis' ones are pretty odd shaped and big. I use the mono more for cards and keys as a mini wallet inside small bags. And just to get some use out of the pomme one I use it for coins. It doesn't hold as much cards as the mono one.

I have the MC cles, which is the same shape as vernis ones. While gorgeous, they are a bit on the big side and because of the way they are put together, they don't hold very much. Gets bulky very quickly. I only had my ID, one credit card, and some cash/coins in my MC cles and it was bulging pretty bad and it was hard to get stuff in an out. I bought a mono Cherry cles and it's sooo much more functional for me! It fits all the things I listed above, but with more cash and coins. So, for those reasons, I would say get the monogram one. Plus I would think it'd be more worry free than vernis - no worrying about chipping or color transfer, etc.

I have two cles one in mono the other in DA and I love them both so much! I would go for the canvas when it comes to cles plus the vernis might color transfer onto other things in your bag...I heard horror stories :sad:

Same as axcarter, I have mono and pomme. The mono canvas is very useful! It holds lots of cards or coins, it can also fit my bulky key fob, or earbuds, its a very practical piece... buuut... I LOVE my vernis cles as well, it looks so pretty in my hand, I use mine to hold my driver's license, 2 cards, a couple of bills and my keys, perfect for a quick errand. Even though it's bigger I still like it, it feels good in my hand but it's not a piece I would put it in my pocket.

If I could only have one I'd choose canvas, but for eye candy I prefer vernis.

Thanks all for the help...as much as I love love the look of the vernis in the pink color I am going to go with practical and get the mono. I will post pics as soon as I get it to show how I will use it. Maybe one day I'll get a vernis piece just wish it wasn't so high maintenance even though I am very careful with all my LV's. :smile:

Same as axcarter, I have mono and pomme. The mono canvas is very useful! It holds lots of cards or coins, it can also fit my bulky key fob, or earbuds, its a very practical piece... buuut... I LOVE my vernis cles as well, it looks so pretty in my hand, I use mine to hold my driver's license, 2 cards, a couple of bills and my keys, perfect for a quick errand. Even though it's bigger I still like it, it feels good in my hand but it's not a piece I would put it in my pocket.

If I could only have one I'd choose canvas, but for eye candy I prefer vernis.
Lol that is why I had to have both because just one wasn't functioning the way I needed! Ahh the struggles!

Thanks all for the help...as much as I love love the look of the vernis in the pink color I am going to go with practical and get the mono. I will post pics as soon as I get it to show how I will use it. Maybe one day I'll get a vernis piece just wish it wasn't so high maintenance even though I am very careful with all my LV's. :smile:
Great choice, you will love it…

Lol that is why I had to have both because just one wasn't functioning the way I needed! Ahh the struggles!
I know, life is tough sometimes :drinkup:

The Vernis is definitely stiffer and therefore less malleable than the Monogram canvas clés, but I have both and I've honestly had no issues with either. I have had my Pomme and Bleu Nuit Vernis clés for around three years and they have both held up beautifully. Whichever you decide on, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :smile:

Although I love the fun vernis colors, I chose mono because it can hold more and I'm so scared of color transfer. I don't own anything in LV vernis, but I've owned patent items in other brands and they always end up getting some type of color transfer on them