Wallet discolouration help - unused

May 2, 2013
I purchased this wallet for xmas and have not used it yet and it has been kept in its felt wrap inside its shopping bag. I took it out today and noticed that the white stripes are yellow across the bottom. I don't know what to do… any advice?

First picture is when I first bought it and second picture is what it looks like now :tdown:

Attachments

• DSCN1680.JPG
    DSCN1680.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 842
Is it patent? The yellowing on patent can happen due to a lot of things (sometimes exposure to hot sunlight/heat)... I would go back to Chanel to see if they can do anything, but if it is patent, I am not sure what can be done.

Hi needlv, thanks for response, yes it is patent leather… which is why its been stored for so long, I was too scared to use it because it stuck to everything… Didn't occur to me that it would discolour all by itself.

Finally got though to my local Chanel store and will be taking it in on Friday morning. My SA said they will send it off for assessment.. I am quite willing to accept colour transfer or damage if I had been using it for the last 7 months, but for this to happen while it 'was sleeping' is devastating.

Noo....I've read somewhere in forum, another TPF member had the exact same problem with her LV vernis bag, they gave her refund because the color was discontinued.
So if LV can help her customers, chanel should do the same.

It is an ugly yellow stain on a stunning wallet, I am very sorry. Since the wallet is relatively new and shows no signs of use, Chanel may offer to replace it with a new wallet. Good Luck!

Most of my patent are in dark colors, but I have a patent LV and a Lady Dior wallet in light pink. I barely used the LV, but the color changed to a sad yellowish pink after years. The Lady Dior is relatively new, so it is still OK... I wonder what we can do to prevent this.