What's the worst...

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
... thing you've ever done to one of your BV bags, whether accidentally or on purpose?

I'm in the middle of a BV rehab and it made me wonder what we've all done to our BV stuff...

Come on, spill it! (No pun intended) :biggrin:

I've spilled water in my Nero Cabat. That's nothing major. The other two debacles involved other brands.

Dooney Alto Zip Zip satchel: went out to breakfast and didn't eat all my bacon. Wrapped it in a paper napkin and put it in my bag to give to the dogs. Came home and forgot about the bacon. Went outside and Leonard smelled the bacon and tore at the bag. Miraculously, the bag only sustained a few surface scratches. I gave the bag to my sister and we still laugh about it.

Hermes Bolide: went to lunch at Fresh Choice and snuck out an extra muffin in a napkin. Said muffin was greasy as all get out and stained the lam skin lining of my Bolide. Still have the bag and it still has the stain (albeit much lighter after 11 years). My reminder to not pinch things!

... thing you've ever done to one of your BV bags, whether accidentally or on purpose?

I'm in the middle of a BV rehab and it made me wonder what we've all done to our BV stuff...

Come on, spill it! (No pun intended) :biggrin:
The worst with my BVs? Well it must be the day when I used my brand new light color pillow with my brand new jeans ... :woot:

I've spilled water in my Nero Cabat. That's nothing major. The other two debacles involved other brands.

Dooney Alto Zip Zip satchel: went out to breakfast and didn't eat all my bacon. Wrapped it in a paper napkin and put it in my bag to give to the dogs. Came home and forgot about the bacon. Went outside and Leonard smelled the bacon and tore at the bag. Miraculously, the bag only sustained a few surface scratches. I gave the bag to my sister and we still laugh about it.

Hermes Bolide: went to lunch at Fresh Choice and snuck out an extra muffin in a napkin. Said muffin was greasy as all get out and stained the lam skin lining of my Bolide. Still have the bag and it still has the stain (albeit much lighter after 11 years). My reminder to not pinch things!
Hmmm. I'm so anal-retentive about the inside of my bags - I can't conceive of putting food in them. :nuts: Can't wait to see your Hermes!

The worst with my BVs? Well it must be the day when I used my brand new light color pillow with my brand new jeans ... :woot:
Oh man, that would be a bad thing to deal with. Darned jeans, anyway. I buy all mine extremely old so no problems there...

I have only had BV bags for two years. So far I haven't had any disasters. Fingers crossed my good luck holds out.
I don't think it's good luck, my dear, it's just that YOU don't put food in them, like a certain other BVette. :biggrin: and I'm sure you carry your pen in a case, yes?

And nobody lets a hoard of booze-addled chipmunks steal your SLGs and go drag-racing down the street with them, do you. Which is what I imagine was done with this wallet I'm rehabbing. I should have taken 'before' photos, but I didn't. Suffice it to say I'm quite pleased so far...

Oh man, that would be a bad thing to deal with. Darned jeans, anyway. I buy all mine extremely old so no problems there...

I don't think it's good luck, my dear, it's just that YOU don't put food in them, like a certain other BVette. :biggrin: and I'm sure you carry your pen in a case, yes?

And nobody lets a hoard of booze-addled chipmunks steal your SLGs and go drag-racing down the street with them, do you. Which is what I imagine was done with this wallet I'm rehabbing. I should have taken 'before' photos, but I didn't. Suffice it to say I'm quite pleased so far...
Booze-addled chipmunks?!!! ???? :lolots::woot::lol: ( tickled pink...) :roflmfao:

Pretty accurate on your assessment. Food never makes it into my bags because I never have any leftover! I don't carry pens. And I do keep my always present floss, toothpaste and brush in a pencil case. Other than that it's just a small wallet, cellphone, coin purse, etc. Not much to spill.

When my "accident" does arrive, it will be in the nature of spilling something on the outside of the bag or a mysterious mark that appears out of the blue and is probably unidentifiable. About the squirrels: living in the central valley, I haven't had that particular critter problem although we do have a lot of farm animals, as you can imagine. However, I live by one iron-clad rule: I never allow farm animals in my house. Call me inflexible, but I simply refuse to budge on this issue. If I don't eat beef, I don't think I should feel obligated to entertain cows inside my house.

Last edited:
The tupperware with my lunch leaked soy sauce all over the lining of my BV! After it dried I sprayed some vinegar-water solution on it and let it sit in the sun for a couple of hours. The smell went away (thank goodness!) and most of the discoloration is gone, but the lining is still a bit stiff.

The cap came off a bottle of water in my large belly
I caught it quickly
I took everything out and let my slg's dry out naturally
and it was fine no stains on the lining

Another time I got red nail polish on the outside of my trusty large belly
my large belly loves me
I just let the nail polish dry
and then picked it off
no stains no tears no tell tale scars

In a restaurant, the top came off a bottle of maple syrup and a lot of it dripped onto my bag which was next to me in a booth. The manager gave me towels and scalding hot water saying it would melt away the syrup. He was right.

I was in a big cosmetics store trying a lipstick & I went to use one of the
bottles of water to clean up & I pumped it & all of a sudden it squirted
on my San Marco bag .I was very lucky that it was only water & that a manager was close
by & saw what happened. She was gracious & offered me a lipstick. Fortunately
the water stain dried but she also told me that if a spot remained to contact her &
they would take care of it.

A tube of hand lotion opened up in my Blood Bella bag and I was sick. It got all over everything including the lining. I turned it inside out and cleaned it the best I could with a wash cloth and left it on the patio table to dry. I thought is was ruined, but it did dry and it is usable, although you tell something was spilled in it.

I may win the prize on this....put my treasured convertable bag carefully on the passenger side floor of our car, where I was sitting.....knew the carpet was totally clean...there was a knife sharp edge to the seat hardware on the floor and it sliced two of the woven strips :sad:
My boutique sent it for repair and you cannot see where there is any damage now, but I was so sad that it happened....

The tupperware with my lunch leaked soy sauce all over the lining of my BV!...
OMGosh, that would be horrifying! Glad it was resolved.

The cap came off a bottle of water in my large belly
...Another time I got red nail polish on the outside of my trusty large belly, I just let the nail polish dry and then picked it off no stains no tears no tell tale scars
That's a good trick not often remembered in the heat of the moment! Good for you!

In a restaurant, the top came off a bottle of maple syrup and a lot of it dripped onto my bag which was next to me in a booth. The manager gave me towels and scalding hot water saying it would melt away the syrup. He was right.
My heavens, that would have made me insane! So glad that worked out for you!!!

I was in a big cosmetics store trying a lipstick & I went to use one of the
bottles of water to clean up & I pumped it & all of a sudden it squirted
on my San Marco bag .I was very lucky that it was only water & that a manager was close
by & saw what happened. She was gracious & offered me a lipstick. Fortunately
the water stain dried but she also told me that if a spot remained to contact her &
they would take care of it.
How gracious of the manager - so glad it was 'just' water and no lasting stain!

A tube of hand lotion opened up in my Blood Bella bag and I was sick. It got all over everything including the lining. I turned it inside out and cleaned it the best I could with a wash cloth and left it on the patio table to dry. I thought is was ruined, but it did dry and it is usable, although you tell something was spilled in it.
I continue to terrify myself by keeping a tube of L'Occitane Lavender lotion (small) in the zipped compartment - if it came open I'd have quite the same problem!

I may win the prize on this....put my treasured convertable bag carefully on the passenger side floor of our car, where I was sitting.....knew the carpet was totally clean...there was a knife sharp edge to the seat hardware on the floor and it sliced two of the woven strips :sad:
My boutique sent it for repair and you cannot see where there is any damage now, but I was so sad that it happened....
OMG!!!! So glad BV could fix for you!!! I wonder how they did it ... I guess in a next life I will have to be an Italian leather artisan...