Mansur Gavriel Does anyone have the Mansur Gavriel mini bucket bag?

aegisshi

Mar 18, 2014
I have been obsessed with bucket bags lately (thanks to my obsession with the Louis Vuitton Petit Noe and Noe BB) and I had never even heard of Mansur Gavriel until now! I'm in love with the mini bucket bag, but I've never seen it in person and I'm just not at all familiar with the brand.

If anyone has it or has seen it in person, how is the quality and the functionality of it?

I also just discovered the MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Jules... I just don't know how I feel about the colors they come in.

I have been obsessed with bucket bags lately (thanks to my obsession with the Louis Vuitton Petit Noe and Noe BB) and I had never even heard of Mansur Gavriel until now! I'm in love with the mini bucket bag, but I've never seen it in person and I'm just not at all familiar with the brand.

If anyone has it or has seen it in person, how is the quality and the functionality of it?

I also just discovered the MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Jules... I just don't know how I feel about the colors they come in.
I have it and love it. It's a simple design but well made. The leather is stiff in the beginning but suppose to soften with time. There is a mansur gavriel thread that has pics and people discussing the bag.

Very true :smile: Unfortunately I don't know ANYTHING about this brand!

We should try to reply here ;) Well the brand is pretty young and the bags are almost always sold out. Oh and they use vegetable tanned leather. That's sums it up I think ;)

Ok, seriously, the most noticeable thing about MG is how rare they keep their bags and how it has created a hype. I just happened to see their facebook update about their online store in time, otherwise I wouldn't have anything to tell...

We should try to reply here ;) Well the brand is pretty young and the bags are almost always sold out. Oh and they use vegetable tanned leather. That's sums it up I think ;)

Ok, seriously, the most noticeable thing about MG is how rare they keep their bags and how it has created a hype. I just happened to see their facebook update about their online store in time, otherwise I wouldn't have anything to tell...

Yeah, I've read about how they're always sold out! I'm absolutely in love with the mini bucket bag... the carmello and flamma ones in particular.

Could you explain what exactly vegetable tanned leather is?

Yeah, I've read about how they're always sold out! I'm absolutely in love with the mini bucket bag... the carmello and flamma ones in particular.

Could you explain what exactly vegetable tanned leather is?

From Wikipedia:

Vegetable-tanned leather is tanned using tannins and other ingredients found in different vegetable matter, such as tree bark prepared in bark mills, wood, leaves, fruits and roots and other similar sources. It is supple and brown in color, with the exact shade depending on the mix of chemicals and the color of the skin. It is the only form of leather suitable for use in leather carving or stamping. Vegetable-tanned leather is not stable in water; it tends to discolor, so if left to soak and then dry it will shrink and become less supple, and harder. In hot water, it will shrink drastically and partly gelatinize, becoming rigid and eventually brittle. Boiled leather is an example of this, where the leather has been hardened by being immersed in hot water, or in boiled wax or similar substances. Historically, it was occasionally used as armor after hardening, and it has also been used for book binding

Hope that helps :smile: I guess I shouldn't wear the bag in rain...

From Wikipedia:

Vegetable-tanned leather is tanned using tannins and other ingredients found in different vegetable matter, such as tree bark prepared in bark mills, wood, leaves, fruits and roots and other similar sources. It is supple and brown in color, with the exact shade depending on the mix of chemicals and the color of the skin. It is the only form of leather suitable for use in leather carving or stamping. Vegetable-tanned leather is not stable in water; it tends to discolor, so if left to soak and then dry it will shrink and become less supple, and harder. In hot water, it will shrink drastically and partly gelatinize, becoming rigid and eventually brittle. Boiled leather is an example of this, where the leather has been hardened by being immersed in hot water, or in boiled wax or similar substances. Historically, it was occasionally used as armor after hardening, and it has also been used for book binding

Hope that helps :smile: I guess I shouldn't wear the bag in rain...

Ah, thank you very much for the info!

Hahah, it sounds like you technically shouldn't wear it in the rain. What color do you have?