Another thread on seeking advice- beige jumbo

Wittygirl

@wittyg1rl
O.G.
Nov 26, 2011
I'd like to get a beige clair caviar jumbo. I tried it in the store and the size and caviar leather are perfect. I thought silver hw gave a sleek, chic finish and looked more modern and cool compared to gold. I thought gold hw looked stunning, one of the most beautiful Chanels I've ever seen.
Now I have the opportunity to buy a pre-owned one with silver hw in near new condition. It's £1K saving from current price which is of course good for my budget. If this was the gold hw I would have jumped at the chance but silver is holding me back. £1K is a lot of money though... Shall I get it and as I already think it looks very nice I'd love it or just accept the current price and get brand new in gold?

Well, I'd also look at your wardrobe and the occasions you intend to wear the bag. I think ghw is more formal than shw, but I'm positive it doesn't really matter - either can be worn anywhere. $1K is a lot but if you really want it with ghw, I'd go for that.

I have the beige clair caviar with ghw - I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm biased though since I love the look of gold. Tough decision!

Thanks, I wear neutral colours and tend to wear gold and rose gold jewellery but don't care too much about having to match jewellery. I have olive skin. I probably shouldn't settle after paying 2.5K but still the savings in the US would be around $ 1.6K ! Yours sounds stunning!

OK maybe I can help here - about 3 months ago I saw a Jumbo Beige Clair double flap on Fashionphile and this bag was nearly $3000 cheaper than our Aussie price.
The only thing is was that it had SHW and I would have preferred gold.

So I was like you, had to think "did it really matter it had silver instead of the gold?".

So I thought - now is it really that big of an issue? I wear silver, gold and white gold jewellery all the time - all mixed up. This is a lighter coloured bag and so quite summery and the silver is "fresh" and less formal.

I have GHW on my new pre-loved black lambskin so enjoy that. When I buy my new Black GST (I am saving for next) it will be GHW and that kind of makes me happy to have the SHW in the Beige Clair as the colour of that bag speaks for itself anyway. So overall does it make a difference? NO - because the colour is stunning.

I also saved a stack of money and got a fabulous bag AND I am so glad I did because they have not had another Jumbo Caviar Beige Clair since.

I shall upload a photo for you of mine......

Attachments

• Jumbo BC 4.JPG
    Jumbo BC 4.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 426
Not to make your decision more difficult but I've posted a photo of my beige caviar with gh so you can easily compare with the one photo the fellow TPFer posted. Mine isn't a jumbo - it's M/L so keep that in mind.

Absolutely £1K (you are in the UK?) is a ton of money which you can use for a million other things. That said, you are absolutely right that you are spending a few thousand £ and if you don't think you'd get much use out of the silver hw, then it isn't worth buying. The SHW is pretty too, just a slightly different look in my opinion. Definitely a personal decision and a tough dilemma.

Someone on the uk thread mentioned selfridges has the beige Clair jumbo right now....

Forgive the photo, I'm terrible at posting photos- It keeps rejecting my original size photos so I have to keep cutting and cutting until te photo is small enough.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 436
It's a beautiful bag with silver or gold. The question is ...is it going to bug you down the road that it has silver hardware? Sometimes it's better to spend a lil more and get what you really want (personal experience lol)

OK maybe I can help here - about 3 months ago I saw a Jumbo Beige Clair double flap on Fashionphile and this bag was nearly $3000 cheaper than our Aussie price.
The only thing is was that it had SHW and I would have preferred gold.

So I was like you, had to think "did it really matter it had silver instead of the gold?".

So I thought - now is it really that big of an issue? I wear silver, gold and white gold jewellery all the time - all mixed up. This is a lighter coloured bag and so quite summery and the silver is "fresh" and less formal.

I have GHW on my new pre-loved black lambskin so enjoy that. When I buy my new Black GST (I am saving for next) it will be GHW and that kind of makes me happy to have the SHW in the Beige Clair as the colour of that bag speaks for itself anyway. So overall does it make a difference? NO - because the colour is stunning.

I also saved a stack of money and got a fabulous bag AND I am so glad I did because they have not had another Jumbo Caviar Beige Clair since.

I shall upload a photo for you of mine......

Not to make your decision more difficult but I've posted a photo of my beige caviar with gh so you can easily compare with the one photo the fellow TPFer posted. Mine isn't a jumbo - it's M/L so keep that in mind.

Absolutely £1K (you are in the UK?) is a ton of money which you can use for a million other things. That said, you are absolutely right that you are spending a few thousand £ and if you don't think you'd get much use out of the silver hw, then it isn't worth buying. The SHW is pretty too, just a slightly different look in my opinion. Definitely a personal decision and a tough dilemma.

Someone on the uk thread mentioned selfridges has the beige Clair jumbo right now....

Forgive the photo, I'm terrible at posting photos- It keeps rejecting my original size photos so I have to keep cutting and cutting until te photo is small enough.

Thank you so much ladies for your considerate replies and including lots of beautiful eye candy for me to see! :biggrin: They are both equally beautiful. As I said I liked the look of them both and I have Chanel with gold and ruthenium (like a dark silver) hardware and love them all equally.

It's a beautiful bag with silver or gold. The question is ...is it going to bug you down the road that it has silver hardware? Sometimes it's better to spend a lil more and get what you really want (personal experience lol)

Yes, this was what I was thinking too. You see I bought a reissue and saved 1K in price. It was red, I had been thinking of getting a black but I loved what I saw and really glad I got it. But something screams gold hw at me, yet my head says 1K! 1K! :biggrin:

ps. Apologies for the spelling mistake on the thread title! I cannot edit it. I hope the mods will see it and save me from the embarrassment.

I don't own a bag in beige clair but have two black flap bags - both with silver. I wanted silver and even if the bags had been 1k cheaper I wouldn't have got gold. If you truly prefer the gold you should go for that and treat yourself to the brand new bag. Good luck with your decision :smile:

I totally agree with this -- what if you get the one with silver hardware and forever regret not getting it with gold? I think it's better to get what you absolutely want and move on to the next one! Lol!

I know it is a tough decision making. I was in the same dilemma before, but after seeing the Beige Jumbo Classic with Gold hardware in person at the boutique but someone already buying it. I fell in love with it in the first sight. It depend on your daily use and your wardrobe. I use mine for work and night time events. It's classy and dressy. I think it such a blessing to find one Beige Jumbo Classic with Gold hardware since there were long waiting list in my country. I saw a few Beige flap with silver hardware before; it's gorgeous but doesn't make my heart sing. Good luck!

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/omg-i-cant-believe-this-my-turn-reveal-844444.html

I was once in your shoes trying to find the perfect beige clair. I saw a lot of beige with SHW, but to me the perfect beige clair is with GHW. I did not give up because foe the amount of money I have to spend, it needs to be exactly what I wanted. I browse all the approved consignment stores and "the bay" everyday. Finally I found ine in near perfect condition at "the bay" from japan. It does not have tags but I had it authenticated here. I saved a lot of money for an M/L beige clair with GHW. I paid for $2,500. The going on price back then was $4,000 including tax. I was willing to pay that but it would have taken me months to wait because of long waiting list. Any who, my suggestion is to continue looking if u want a beige clair with GHW. You don't want to regret it afterwards especially with the amount of money u have to spend even if u can save 1K. Good luck!

I love your M/L, light beige GHW is very nice combo. Here picture as I tried in jumbo size. My name is next one on the waiting list for this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 293

This is true if your heart is really wanting Gold and you can afford the extra funds.

For me I like both equally and I was saving much more money than you - for me it was nearly $3000 Australian dollar saving so it was worth the small compromise.
This bag is $7,900 in Australia.

As I said, I am very happy with my choice as I live in Australia where it is hot and summery (I near Brisbane) and the silver looks more cooler for where I live. I would have preferred GHW if I was in the boutique but for me the saving was so great and it was not really an issue as you dont really even notice the hardware much because the bag is so big.

It really comes down to where your heart is and if you can afford it in the long run.
I think no matter which one you decide on, both are lovely.

I love your M/L, light beige GHW is very nice combo. Here picture as I tried in jumbo size. My name is next one on the waiting list for this.
Thanks! I love my M/L - perfect size. I have a jumbo in black caviar ghw and while it's great, I think it's too big for me. I wouldn't ever sell it though bc 1. I bought mine back in the single flap days when it was 1/2 the price it is now and 2. I can't afford the new prices if I ever wanted one again.

Are you on the wait list for the jumbo beige or M/L? Selfridges and Bond St have beige jumbos (as reported by a fellow TPFer) if you want it now?

Thanks! I love my M/L - perfect size. I have a jumbo in black caviar ghw and while it's great, I think it's too big for me. I wouldn't ever sell it though bc 1. I bought mine back in the single flap days when it was 1/2 the price it is now and 2. I can't afford the new prices if I ever wanted one again.

This is true - to be honest with you the Jumbo is great in the way it can hold more, but the chains are heavy and by the end of the day it can be tiring. I find I have to switch shoulders quite a bit if I am carrying it all day. And I am not a petite person, I am a curvy Aussie girl - but I have just brought pre-loved the M/L because it will be much lighter. I think the GST is lighter in comparison and somehow easier to manage than the Jumbo.

I also think it is hard to manage a jumbo on your lap when out to dinner, so the M/L is better. But having said that, I would not sell mine for the reason stated above by the other lovely TPFr.

I was surprised though how heavy the Jumbo got carrying it all day, and I only pack a light bag !!