VCA sweet or DBTY?

Hmmmm. I think a clover sweet would be more classic, though i think the butterfly is gorgeous. I have an aquamarine dbty and i love it, but the vca sweet has more distinction.
I say, if you want a piece to blend in, get a dbty, and if you want a little more pop, pick a sweet.
IMHO both are great pieces, good luck on your decision. :smile:

Buy 2 bracelets: a MOP/YG VCA Sweet bracelet and use your Tiffany credit for a Peretti YG lapis and diamond CBTY. They can hold their own but they'd be amazing stacked.

If you really want a diamond solitaire with significant carat weight I'd recommend a custom piece - save yourself the DBTY and DLDC designer markup.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-14-00-44-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-14-00-44-11.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 831
Great advice here. I agree that you should consider what you felt you would wear the most.
Re VCA, I would choose the frivole pendant over the butterfly sweet. It has more presence and is more sophisticated vs cute.
The frivole pendant can be dressed up or down.
Have you tried it on?

Great advice here. I agree that you should consider what you felt you would wear the most.
Re VCA, I would choose the frivole pendant over the butterfly sweet. It has more presence and is more sophisticated vs cute.
The frivole pendant can be dressed up or down.
Have you tried it on?
Hi TGG!

I have tried on the frivole earrings and loved them. My concern is I know one day I will purchase 2 10 motif all rose gold-- and I have been straying away from yellow gold. I still wear it but I know its only because "I have them". I love the frivole earrings but I don't want to feel like I should have gotten other earrings to go with alhambra-- I know I want rose gold in that. It won't be any time soon but I will acquire it someday. I thought it would be nice to have the butterfly "float" on my wrist. I also tried on the single motif and loved it on myself. This is why I am baffled as to what to do! And then- I still have this blasted Tiffany credit I don't know what to do with...I like a couple of pieces in the 5-7k range but I know I could easily buy them from a estate jeweler, but then don't know what pieces in the lower range would prove to be worth the cost. I thought I would save the credit for a couple of years but with the price increase, I've already "lost" a couple hundred of the credit after the last increase. If only it was in cartier... I would instantly put it towards a panthere ring lol.

Buy 2 bracelets: a MOP/YG VCA Sweet bracelet and use your Tiffany credit for a Peretti YG lapis and diamond CBTY. They can hold their own but they'd be amazing stacked.

If you really want a diamond solitaire with significant carat weight I'd recommend a custom piece - save yourself the DBTY and DLDC designer markup.
I've actually always loved that bracelet since it was first released! But I didn't know if the materials were worth it/if i should buy yellow because my preference is towards rose gold and white if diamonds are involved. I really like the idea of the combo of the butterfly with the lapiz!!

Hi TGG!

I have tried on the frivole earrings and loved them. My concern is I know one day I will purchase 2 10 motif all rose gold-- and I have been straying away from yellow gold. I still wear it but I know its only because "I have them". I love the frivole earrings but I don't want to feel like I should have gotten other earrings to go with alhambra-- I know I want rose gold in that. It won't be any time soon but I will acquire it someday. I thought it would be nice to have the butterfly "float" on my wrist. I also tried on the single motif and loved it on myself. This is why I am baffled as to what to do! And then- I still have this blasted Tiffany credit I don't know what to do with...I like a couple of pieces in the 5-7k range but I know I could easily buy them from a estate jeweler, but then don't know what pieces in the lower range would prove to be worth the cost. I thought I would save the credit for a couple of years but with the price increase, I've already "lost" a couple hundred of the credit after the last increase. If only it was in cartier... I would instantly put it towards a panthere ring lol.
The VCA pink gold is very close to the YG, I wear yg earrings with my LE letterwood and you really can't see a difference. For the all pink gold vintage necklace I would wear either the perlee hoops or the small frivole earrings to avoid the matchy matchy look. Very limited offerings in pink gold for earrings.
The single frivole pendant has a very different vibe than the earrings, imo. It has presence, that;s for certain. It's a beautiful piece.

The VCA pink gold is very close to the YG, I wear yg earrings with my LE letterwood and you really can't see a difference. For the all pink gold vintage necklace I would wear either the perlee hoops or the small frivole earrings to avoid the matchy matchy look. Very limited offerings in pink gold for earrings.

The single frivole pendant has a very different vibe than the earrings, imo. It has presence, that;s for certain. It's a beautiful piece.

Ooo really?? So the yellow gold frivole will still go with the all pink gold Alhambra? Different vibe- May I ask how so? I'm so sad betteridge no longer has VCA stock that was my go to !

Ooo really?? So the yellow gold frivole will still go with the all pink gold Alhambra? Different vibe- May I ask how so? I'm so sad betteridge no longer has VCA stock that was my go to !

The golds mix very well because VCA pink gold is not super pink. The frivole necklace has a lovely vibe that I find more subtle in necklace form vs the earrings which I adore and wear nearly every day!! I don't have the frivole pendant but have seen it. It's very shiny and eye catching. I have the multiple station neck lace. While I have several pairs of matching earrings. ( mop, yg, onyx, turquoise, malachite) I find it more interesting not to match. There are occasions when I do wear matching earrings to necklace, but rarely.
Like you I loved Betteridge.
I have another favorite, however. Similar terms.
PM me if you need a new source.

What would you prefer/think would be the best long term investment...

Yellow gold mop butterfly sweet bracelet or a DBTY, doesn't have to be branded but of decent size.... I do have a Tiffany gift credit if you think it should be branded.

Or should both be ignored and instead should a small frivole pendant or single rose gold Alhambra the the way to go? Or should I have considered the sweet butterfly necklace? Thanks!

We so have the same jewelry taste, lol! I think that my VCA purchase will be the mop butterfly bracelet. I tried it on in store a few weeks ago, and it looked so much nicer than the pink gold red heart.

I love classics so I say get a dbty made and get the Alhambra :smile: Both will always be beautiful and age appropriate. :smile: btw, the Panthere ring is my fav!!!!! I am planning on getting it in March for anniversary prezzie. :P which style do you like?