Next bag: GST, PST, WOC, or kiss lock clutch?

Aug 18, 2010
Hi Chanel lovers! I'm one of those people who takes forever to decide on my next bag. I think my next bag will be either a GST, PST, WOC, or kiss lock clutch. I'm not in a huge rush since it will likely be a Fall 'happy birthday to myself' present. So far the only chanel bags I have are flap bags (m/l, French Riviera, and CWC), so I am going to TRY to stick to purchasing a non-clutch.

That being said, what are pros an cons of the four bags i am considering? I have tried on the GST and think it is lovely, but perhaps a little boxy. I haven't seen the PST but have seen some of the pix in this forum. The WOC I have seen before and wonder if it would be too small, although a lot of you seem to really love the WOC a lot! The kiss lock clutch I think is so pretty and classic but wonder if I will get enough use out of it.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

WOC or GST!!
WOC - great small daily, crossbody bag
GST - holds a lot, daily tote bag

Kisslock - probably wouldnt get much use out of it plus serves same purpose as your CWC
PST - is sorta small, not sure if you have tried this on in person... i'm petite and find it too small

Good luck with your decision!!

I also vote for both WOC and GST.

The WOC is very cute and it is very popular but I personally find it a bit small. It is great for nights out or running quick errands. It's also perfect if you don't tend to carry much with you during the day.

I recently got a GST and I am in love with it. It is a great size for a day bag, but still has an elegance to it that would still make it a great night bag like at a restaurant or café. It is boxy, but as you use it, the leather softens and the bag essentially molds to the shape of your body. It also develops a slight slouch to it (which some don't like- so may you may want to google pictures of the GST to see for yourself). I personally cant wait for my GST to get a bit of a slouch to it. I think the GST is extremely practical.

Overall, it totally depends on what you feel like you are needing in your collection. I suggest going to a boutique to try all of the styles on so you can get a better feel for how they look and feel with your wardrobe and shape.

I hope this helps- good luck! :smile:

Hi Chanel lovers! I'm one of those people who takes forever to decide on my next bag. I think my next bag will be either a GST, PST, WOC, or kiss lock clutch. I'm not in a huge rush since it will likely be a Fall 'happy birthday to myself' present. So far the only chanel bags I have are flap bags (m/l, French Riviera, and CWC), so I am going to TRY to stick to purchasing a non-clutch.

That being said, what are pros an cons of the four bags i am considering? I have tried on the GST and think it is lovely, but perhaps a little boxy. I haven't seen the PST but have seen some of the pix in this forum. The WOC I have seen before and wonder if it would be too small, although a lot of you seem to really love the WOC a lot! The kiss lock clutch I think is so pretty and classic but wonder if I will get enough use out of it.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
I would go with the WOC. you can wear it cross body and casual, or dressy as a clutch or long strap bag... it is light, carries the essentials and when you get tired of it, it's a great wallet :smile:

WOC or GST!!
WOC - great small daily, crossbody bag
GST - holds a lot, daily tote bag

Kisslock - probably wouldnt get much use out of it plus serves same purpose as your CWC
PST - is sorta small, not sure if you have tried this on in person... i'm petite and find it too small

Good luck with your decision!!

Good points! I think this might become the battle of WOC vs GST!

I also vote for both WOC and GST.

The WOC is very cute and it is very popular but I personally find it a bit small. It is great for nights out or running quick errands. It's also perfect if you don't tend to carry much with you during the day.

I recently got a GST and I am in love with it. It is a great size for a day bag, but still has an elegance to it that would still make it a great night bag like at a restaurant or café. It is boxy, but as you use it, the leather softens and the bag essentially molds to the shape of your body. It also develops a slight slouch to it (which some don't like- so may you may want to google pictures of the GST to see for yourself). I personally cant wait for my GST to get a bit of a slouch to it. I think the GST is extremely practical.

Overall, it totally depends on what you feel like you are needing in your collection. I suggest going to a boutique to try all of the styles on so you can get a better feel for how they look and feel with your wardrobe and shape.

I hope this helps- good luck! :smile:

I think this going to come down to the WOC vs GST. So far, which do you find yourself using more? I tried on the GST and wasn't completely sold since it was so boxy, but I can see how it getting slouchy over time would change that. They were out of WOCs, so I didn't have a chance to try that on.
Thanks for your input!

Woc or gst in ur wishlist.....

Gst for work and the woc for running errands...:biggrin:

I'm getting the impression that I will eventually add both to my collection!

I am a +1 on the WOC or GST-- how much space you want??

I think the GST would give me ample room for a day bag and bringing to work. It may be large enough to keep me from having to use a separate tote bag along with my purse (right now I carry a large long champ le pliage and whatever purse-of-the-day). Although I can also see value in owning a WOC! Ah!!!

me too WOC or GST, just depends what you carry.

I think the GST would fit my everyday needs, but I'm seeing how a WOC may need to make it's way into my collection as well!!

I think this going to come down to the WOC vs GST. So far, which do you find yourself using more? I tried on the GST and wasn't completely sold since it was so boxy, but I can see how it getting slouchy over time would change that. They were out of WOCs, so I didn't have a chance to try that on.
Thanks for your input!
The GST and WOC are very different bags- it's difficult to really compare them. It depends on what your lifestyle suits best and what you're looking for in a bag. I have never tried on a PST before but it sounds like it may suit your needs if you like the look of the GST without being too boxy. The PST is flatter and smaller so it still has a box-like shape without the extra bulk. But keep in mind that the GST will soften over time too.
The WOC is quite impractical for me personally although aesthetically it is more pleasing to the eye and since it's smaller it has more of a subtle elegance to it that is appropriate for both day and evening use. I also love that it can transform into a wallet, but the cons of that I find is that it gets heavy inside another bag because of the chain.
I honestly use both my GST and WOC but find that the GST is more practical. I live a pretty casual lifestyle but I personally prefer functionality over looks. For the small handful of times that I've personally used my WOC, I feel like it's not worth it compared to my other bags including GST (even though I only recently purchased it, but I am envisioning myself realistically using it much more than WOC). Again, I do LOVE the look of the WOC- especially the boy WOC and half moon WOC with the big CC's on it which is why I chose it as my top 2 out of the options you listed but it does lose points for me due to functionality.

I hope this helps, this is only my personal experience. They are both great bags but it really depends on what your needs are. The best way to find out which of the styles strikes you the most is to try them on and maybe check out youtube/google if your Chanel doesn't have any of the styles you're curious about. Please let us know what you decide! :smile:

Huge thank you for everyone who provided their feedback. I jumped the gun and made my decision, largely prompted by the rumored price increase this fall.

Here she is!! Black GHW GST :smile: I was so excited to get her that I switched purses this morning just so I could take her out already ;)

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406665882.439084.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406665892.557757.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1406665907.007307.jpg