Red interior lining

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
O.K., I know this is probably a stupid thread, but am I the only one starting to get sick of the red interior lining on the bags?

Many of you have probably noticed how picky I can be and this is just another example of my OCD personality. The red started because it is the favorite color of Peter Dooney.

Remember the gingham lining and the paisley in previous years? I really like red, but am getting tired of too many red linings on handbags I have purchased or on my wish list. What is the deal? Was their a huge fire sale on red fabric?

O.K., I know this is probably a stupid thread, but am I the only one starting to get sick of the red interior lining on the bags?

Many of you have probably noticed how picky I can be and this is just another example of my OCD personality. The red started because it is the favorite color of Peter Dooney.

Remember the gingham lining and the paisley in previous years? I really like red, but am getting tired of too many red linings on handbags I have purchased or on my wish list. What is the deal? Was their a huge fire sale on red fabric?

Fire??? Lol... Actually Red is not my favorite color by far but I for some reason love the red interior. Thats the one resin why I haven't jumped in the Dillen Satchels... It has the twill red/white lining which I don't really care for. The bags are gorgeous but I can't get past that. Lots if the bags I sold a couple months ago had that type of lining because I loved the red so much. Maybe they will change it up soon. Besides worrying about dirt, I think yellow would be a great interior color. .

Fire??? Lol... Actually Red is not my favorite color by far but I for some reason love the red interior. Thats the one resin why I haven't jumped in the Dillen Satchels... It has the twill red/white lining which I don't really care for. The bags are gorgeous but I can't get past that. Lots if the bags I sold a couple months ago had that type of lining because I loved the red so much. Maybe they will change it up soon. Besides worrying about dirt, I think yellow would be a great interior color. .
I used to stay away from Dooney because of the red lining, but when I saw the Flo satchels I started taking a second look. Now I don't mind having "Christmas in my handbag" so much. I might if my collection was larger though. I can say that a lighter color might be a hard to deal with. You know, Coach has a lot of silky light colored linings that turn out to be dirt magnets. I with the suede wasn't green myself. But, it does match the red well. Hmmm.

I'm another one that loves the red lining. I despise the gingham and I don't care for patterned linings because I want to be able to see everything inside the bag. I also loved the blue lining. I love the gorgeous pink lining in the nylons too lol I think as long as it's a solid linen I'd be happy

I personally like the red lining, makes finding things much easier, and it's a nice pop of color whenever I open my bag. I have the twill lining in my Dillen bags, Giraffe bag and Logo Loc bag, I love the bags but don't care for the lining.

I like the red lining as well. I'm not a fan of the pink/white check lining in the Dillen and Logo Locks as much. It doesn't make or break it for me, but I just prefer the red. The only time the red bothers me is when it clashes with the exterior color of the bag. For example I'd love a violet flo bag, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a bright red color against it. I wish they would pick a different solid color to go with the bright colored bags. What I do like is the durability of Dooney's lining. It has really spoiled me against other brands because most of them have thin or cheap feeling lining. Yay to Dooney for realizing that the inside needs to be as durable as the outside.

I'm really not a fan of the red lining. Same as Twoboyz mentioned, I'm very odd about mixing red with certain colors. A color-combo pet peeve of mine is purple and red, which drives me nuts, because I really want a purple Toledo but don't like the lining!!

I'm not a red fan in general. And my original detergent to Dooney bags was the "Christmas-looking" colors. And to that I say - over it. Lol. I got over it quick. Love the bags and their funky red/green svelte-lining self. Who knew?? Lol.

Enjoyed everyone giving feedback and hearing how many of you still like/love the red lining. I guess Peter Dooney is on to something with using his favorite color for the lining.

As was pointed out, it does have practical purposes, such as not having your contents get lost in a dark interior and the red hiding some of the marks which sometime occur with repeated use of a bag.

I guess I need to, once again, fall in love with the red lining. I get bored too quickly! It can be a character flaw, but it is a good excuse to give myself, when I feel the need for a new D&B handbag.

Totally different subject, but did anyone catch some of the QVC hosts refering to handbags as pocketbooks? What gives? I haven't heard the term since my grandmother used it when I was a child, and trust me...that has been a while.

Enjoyed everyone giving feedback and hearing how many of you still like/love the red lining. I guess Peter Dooney is on to something with using his favorite color for the lining.

As was pointed out, it does have practical purposes, such as not having your contents get lost in a dark interior and the red hiding some of the marks which sometime occur with repeated use of a bag.

I guess I need to, once again, fall in love with the red lining. I get bored too quickly! It can be a character flaw, but it is a good excuse to give myself, when I feel the need for a new D&B handbag.

Totally different subject, but did anyone catch some of the QVC hosts refering to handbags as pocketbooks? What gives? I haven't heard the term since my grandmother used it when I was a child, and trust me...that has been a while.

Lol... Yes, I heard them say that. I was like "huh????, really... Pocketbook??" They are getting a little crazy lately. I think they r just filling air space.

I'm not that particular about lining color, unless it's black. I can't stand that "black hole" when trying to find something in my bag, so the red works well for me. :biggrin: My favorite Dooney lining color was the neutral beigey-color they used before the pink.