Dilemma on a pre-loved bag... Help me decide

Jun 13, 2014
After months, I finally found a lambskin flap with a color of medium brown that I have been looking for for a long time...... But..... There are some noticeable scuffs at the back corners... Should I get it (coz not sure when it will come by again) or should I continue to wait? Would really appreciate your thoughts!

I would ask yourself the question...am I really in love with this pre-loved bag? This feeling should jump out to you immediately and you should want to purchase it.

I have purchased a few preloved LV and I have certain criteria that I use when selecting. My criteria may be slightly different but the one criteria should be that you are head over heels in love with his bag.

Wear is subjective in my mind. If it is minor and it may eventually happen, then I can look past a few scuffs. If it is color transfer or damage that is not acceptable, then this is against what I, personally, accept.

Good luck!

i would ask yourself the question...am i really in love with this pre-loved bag? This feeling should jump out to you immediately and you should want to purchase it.

I have purchased a few preloved lv and i have certain criteria that i use when selecting. My criteria may be slightly different but the one criteria should be that you are head over heels in love with his bag.

Wear is subjective in my mind. If it is minor and it may eventually happen, then i can look past a few scuffs. If it is color transfer or damage that is not acceptable, then this is against what i, personally, accept.

Good luck!

+1

Here are some pictures. Both back corners have some scuffs. I also include one picture for one of the corner when the bag is standing up (not sure why the size of the last picture is so small... :nogood: ). The seller says these scuffs are light. What do you think? Also, for those who own lamb skin, are the scuffs inevitable anyways? Thank you, ladies!

Attachments

• L1030471 (800x534).jpg
    L1030471 (800x534).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 366
  • L1030472 (800x534).jpg
    L1030472 (800x534).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 366
  • L1030470 (800x534) 1.jpg
    L1030470 (800x534) 1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 363
I would ask yourself the question...am I really in love with this pre-loved bag? This feeling should jump out to you immediately and you should want to purchase it.

I have purchased a few preloved LV and I have certain criteria that I use when selecting. My criteria may be slightly different but the one criteria should be that you are head over heels in love with his bag.

Wear is subjective in my mind. If it is minor and it may eventually happen, then I can look past a few scuffs. If it is color transfer or damage that is not acceptable, then this is against what I, personally, accept.

Good luck!
I really love the style and the color... still on the fence regarding the lambskin because of the scuffs (the existed ones or the future ones.... :shame:smile: ... part of me saying I should wait while part of me saying I should go for it!!!

Here are some pictures. Both back corners have some scuffs. I also include one picture for one of the corner when the bag is standing up (not sure why the size of the last picture is so small... :nogood: ). The seller says these scuffs are light. What do you think? Also, for those who own lamb skin, are the scuffs inevitable anyways? Thank you, ladies!

I don't have "scuffs" like that on any of my lambskin bags, even my series 1. So, no, they are not inevitable. They can, however, happen on calf/caviar bags just as well.

They are not light to me.....sorry. I feel the bag has been worn very often judging from the wears on the corners although this can definitely happen to any Chanel bags (like Tutu said, not just to lamb).

But you will be the one wearing it! If it's ok to you, I don't see why not!

How is the return policy? can you see the bag in real life and decide?

They are not light to me.....sorry. I feel the bag has been worn very often judging from the wears on the corners although this can definitely happen to any Chanel bags (like Tutu said, not just to lamb).

But you will be the one wearing it! If it's ok to you, I don't see why not!

How is the return policy? can you see the bag in real life and decide?
Thank you, calflu. Unfortunately, there is no return unless there is authenticity issue... I felt the same way that it does not seem light from the close-up pictures. I am asking the seller for a better full view for the front and the back. Thought that may help me see better from a whole bag point of view. The seller is in a different state. So, I can't inspect the bag in person unfortunately. :sad:

Thanks again for your input, calflu! I will keep you posted.

I don't have "scuffs" like that on any of my lambskin bags, even my series 1. So, no, they are not inevitable. They can, however, happen on calf/caviar bags just as well.
Thank you, tutu. That was very helpful. I didn't know if lambskin is just slightly more prone to scuffs than caviar. I have been reading the responses on the "are you scared of lambskin" thread and that helped me to even think lambskin is a contender as I have always been liking distressed or caviar!

Thanks again, tutu!

Is the price good? I definitely think that if you wait, you can get one without those scuffing, but then the price might be higher. I have a vintage dark brown jumbo from 1997 and the corners are perfect.

I think those scuffs are not obvious when carrying the bag. You can also send them to Loving my Bags and have them treated.

I would wait for next round according the wear signs on the corners. If it's a really good deal (Under $2000) and you don't mind the scuffs on it, then get it. You don't know when the next round come.