Trevi PM - is the glaze on my bag cracking??+

Rbamba

Jun 1, 2014
Not sure how clear the picture is (sorry). My bag is about 2 years old but I have only recently started using it (almost) continuously for work. Prior to this I would take it out, say, once in 2 months. Is the glaze cracking? The leather on the other side of the zip is smooth and wrinkle free. I don't mind the wrinkling per se (if this is normal for DEs leather). I asked the manager at the LV store - as expected, she gave me the stock normal-wear-and-tear-this-is-where-you-grab-your-purse routine. She made it abundantly clear that I would have to pay for the repairs. What does tPF think - normal wear and tear (if so - why is the leather on the other side of the zip fine)? Will this lead to eventual cracking? Should I do something about it?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 453
Not sure how clear the picture is (sorry). My bag is about 2 years old but I have only recently started using it (almost) continuously for work. Prior to this I would take it out, say, once in 2 months. Is the glaze cracking? The leather on the other side of the zip is smooth and wrinkle free. I don't mind the wrinkling per se (if this is normal for DEs leather). I asked the manager at the LV store - as expected, she gave me the stock normal-wear-and-tear-this-is-where-you-grab-your-purse routine. She made it abundantly clear that I would have to pay for the repairs. What does tPF think - normal wear and tear (if so - why is the leather on the other side of the zip fine)? Will this lead to eventual cracking? Should I do something about it?

Thanks

It looks like its wrinkling bad in that area...is it possibly rubbing on something when you are wearing it?

I don't see any cracking yet but that doesn't mean it won't crack over time. Even though DE can wrinkle, it would annoy me too. I'm sorry that your SA couldn't be of more help. I'd just keep a close eye on it to see if it gets worse. Did the SA quote you a price for the repair?

It looks like its wrinkling bad in that area...is it possibly rubbing on something when you are wearing it?
It is held close to the body so it COULD be rubbing. I think I carry it around for literally 10 min a day (to and from parking lot). Otherwise it is sitting in my overhead cabinet. I am a little disappointed - I bought the canvas because it would be sturdy. Might as well have bought something plush in leather instead :\

It is held close to the body so it COULD be rubbing. I think I carry it around for literally 10 min a day (to and from parking lot). Otherwise it is sitting in my overhead cabinet. I am a little disappointed - I bought the canvas because it would be sturdy. Might as well have bought something plush in leather instead :\

I use my westie a lot and have slight wrinkling on the handles, I think some wrinkling on the leather is expected but its odd that yours looks more in one area..I agree to watch it and see if it gets worse..I'm sorry, I know its disappointing...

I don't see any cracking yet but that doesn't mean it won't crack over time. Even though DE can wrinkle, it would annoy me too. I'm sorry that your SA couldn't be of more help. I'd just keep a close eye on it to see if it gets worse. Did the SA quote you a price for the repair?
She was all set to do so. Suddenly my desire for another LV has abated :smile:

I've had mine for about 3 years and it is wrinkled but a little less than yours. I'd say its normal wear and tear but it never hurts to ask for a repair just be aware it'll probably happen again.