Bloomsbury PM or DE Totally PM?

Catth

May 30, 2010
I only have 1 purse from LV- and want another one (at least!).:P
I have the Palermo PM, so I am good with mono for now. I use it for different things like work, travel, shopping etc. love it! I am a working mum, btw- in the 30-ies.

Here is my wishes for the next bag:
  • DE: this is a must (and lust!)
  • Red interior prefarrably
  • shoulderbag, tote or crossbody bag
  • small to medium size (not too big!)
  • comfartable to carry
  • not entirly open like the NF

What to you think of the Bloomsbury PM or Totally PM for me? I like these because the seem really practical, but I must admit that I don`t find these the most beautiful LV-bags.

Is there any other options that you would recommend me?
And how often do they release new DE bags? (I know that Reggia is newly relased..)

Too top thing off I am also wanting the Favorite PM in DE (or MM size really- even though that would make it a mono bag). But I feel I would want a slightly bigger bag- even though I already have the Palermo PM. I think eventually I will get both a smaller cross body bag, AND a medium sized bag in DE as well.. its just to know what to get first and then on.... there are just TOO many bags to choose from, yet too few..:roflmfao:

Two great choices! I have the Totally (MM in mono) and it is the most comfortable shoulder bag I own. It is a perfect classic tote. I have lugged it fully loaded all over in travels and it never gets uncomfortable. It holds a lot and is easy to keep organized with the inner and outer pockets. I just got a Bloomsbury last week and have not tried it out yet, but other TPFers love this bag. I think my choice would be Totally first for a tote and BB later for cross body. Good luck deciding!

Between the Bloomsbury and the Totally PM, I recommend Totally. It's roomier and more versatile, IMO. But it doesn't sound like you are in love with either of these two, they are the most practical selections based on your feedback but you mentioned that you don't find them to be the most beautiful. I suggest a few questions to help you decide: Would you be able to fall in love with either Bloomsbury or Totally on their own merits or might you worry that you'd traded beauty for practicality? Which bags do you love, even if they don't meet your list of practical requirements? Would you consider buying preloved if a bag met your needs but has been discontinued by LV and is no longer available in stores?

I love the Totally and its soft, unfussy look....but go with what makes your heart sing! Good luck with whatever you decide. Unfortunately I don't know how frequently new styles are introduced for each canvas pattern, hopefully someone can chime in about that.

I only have 1 purse from LV- and want another one (at least!).:P
I have the Palermo PM, so I am good with mono for now. I use it for different things like work, travel, shopping etc. love it! I am a working mum, btw- in the 30-ies.

Here is my wishes for the next bag:
  • DE: this is a must (and lust!)
  • Red interior prefarrably
  • shoulderbag, tote or crossbody bag
  • small to medium size (not too big!)
  • comfartable to carry
  • not entirly open like the NF

What to you think of the Bloomsbury PM or Totally PM for me? I like these because the seem really practical, but I must admit that I don`t find these the most beautiful LV-bags.

Is there any other options that you would recommend me?
And how often do they release new DE bags? (I know that Reggia is newly relased..)

Too top thing off I am also wanting the Favorite PM in DE (or MM size really- even though that would make it a mono bag). But I feel I would want a slightly bigger bag- even though I already have the Palermo PM. I think eventually I will get both a smaller cross body bag, AND a medium sized bag in DE as well.. its just to know what to get first and then on.... there are just TOO many bags to choose from, yet too few..:roflmfao:
The Totally DE is a great bag that I was recently considering. Do you know there is the other new DE bag that was released at the end of June? It's called the Diane. It's a bucket bag which is a style that I love. However it has burgundy lining (not red) and it's at a higher price point. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks so much for everyones input!

I LIKE both bags, but don`t love them looking at pictures of them. I would choose practicallity over beauty anytime I think, because I want to get much use out of my purses. But If I can have both, thats offcourse the best ;) I haven`t tried them in a store either, must do that offcourse..

I have tried Speedy B in a store (mono), and surprinsingly quite liked it. BUT I am not a big speedyfan really, I just think it would be hard to locate things in my purse- and I also find the Speedyshape to common and a bit too youthful looking (many teenagers/young girls carry it here). But who knows, I could love this bag as well. Its beautiful in DE. (but I worry about hard shoulderstraps after reading about it.. I need comfort!!)

I will try to buy a new purse I think.. on my next trip out of the country.
Its not so easy to buy preloved here, I would have to pay quite much in tax and fees- it would probably be as/more expensive than a new one. But I have peeked at Westminster and Hampstead as well..

Now that you mentioned Westminister that gets my vote :love: But it is discontinued, so you should try to grab it ASAP if you want it new. Totally PM would be my second choice, I prefer the PM over the MM looks wise. Favorite PM is so classy (again I prefer PM over MM) and on my wish list. GLD!

I would pick the bloomsbury pm over the totally ! I just bought the Reggia and it's so light and comfortable it the perfect shoulder bag in DE.. You might also the speedy B on DE ., it can be worn three ways ! I love my speedy b in mono !