Traveling with Longchamp!

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
Longchamp is a lot of people's favorite bag to travel with.

What do you travel with? Le Pliage? Cuir? Their colorful suitcases?

What do you carry in your Longchamp to travel with? Longchamp accessories? Mix and match? Pics perhaps? :biggrin:

What size or style do you use? Some prefer the large tote, others the expandable, or the briefcases.

Share your Longchamp travel experiences here!

I travel with my Le Pliage long handle large tote in bilberry. I've done a lot of domestic travel in California and I've taken this tote to England and Scotland.

It's worry free, I can put the handles on my suitcase handle and plop it there (for security I put a carabiner on the handles and attach it to my suitcase to make a snatch and run a little more difficult).

Everything that has to go through separate screening is in my LP, for easy access: toiletries and iPad. Then anything I need in flight, scarf, snacks, paperwork, pens, leaving room for duty free shopping.

Stuffed full, it fits easily underneath the chair in front (on a BA A380 and AA Boeing 777)

When I took it on the train to Scotland, I didn't care about rain because this bag can take rain with ease. Shoved a bunch of snacks and souvenirs in here at this leg of my trip.

On the way back, it was stuffed full (I blame duty free shopping) and no issues about an oversized/stuffed bag.

Pics to come :smile:

Reactions: Hoya94
Look forward to your pics, @bakeacookie!

So far haven't had a chance to take my LC to travel yet other than the daily commute or by car (I was late to the game, only bought my first LP a few months ago) but I look forward to bring my LLH bilberry LP (plus small one folded up) for my end of year family travel :smile: oh I am also waiting for my first LP Cuir to arrive so most likely I will bring Cuir along as a crossbody bag option.

Last edited:
I've had my navy large LH for about a year and it's been great for travel (as well as everyday). For example, it accompanied me on my honeymoon to San Francisco and Napa, it went to Punta Cana and SC with me this spring and summer where it also doubled as a beach bag, and it's great under the seats of planes, riding in my car, on public transit, in the dugout during softball games, etc. So versatile.

Please share pics as well! :smile:

So for the last trip, I had a different iPad pouch, but replaced it with an LV pouch.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405308756.300239.jpg

Passcase for the London Underground, Radley wallet, LV agenda PM (passport and travel info), Coach universal case for camera and memory cards, Coach pencil case (never forget a pen again!), LV toiletry 26 for iPad, all charge cables, extended batteries, LP makeup pouch for brushes and non liquid toiletries, and ZCP for the small items. Not pictured is my Baggie of liquid toiletries.

And here's how they all fit inside.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405308901.611035.jpg
I try to get everything to fill the bottom first. then I'll put the soft stuff on top, scarf, hat, gloves, blanket, pillow pet.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405308992.828638.jpg

With room to spare! It's not even full!

This is/will be my typical packing scheme.

For local travel where I have a car, I don't have to tote a lot of things in my tote. (Lol)

Longchamp is a lot of people's favorite bag to travel with.

What do you travel with? Le Pliage? Cuir? Their colorful suitcases?

What do you carry in your Longchamp to travel with? Longchamp accessories? Mix and match? Pics perhaps? :biggrin:

What size or style do you use? Some prefer the large tote, others the expandable, or the briefcases.

Share your Longchamp travel experiences here!
Have not had a chance to travel with my LC yet, but when I do I plan to take my LH black Planetes. When I traveled 3 times last year, I used my large Marc Jacobs Francesca Q Tote which also holds all my necessities with room to spare. :smile:

There's a reason everyone travels with Longchamp bags. They're light, durable, and you can fold them. I was in London a few years ago and because of the rain, everyone on the street was carrying Le Pliage bags!

I used my long handle LC when I was in Thailand last year. It's so convenient. Plus as someone has said, it's big enough to accommodate duty free shopping^_~

glad u opened this thread. I am thinking of buying this LP bc it's LC and touristy at the same time. Prob in navy tho

I have it and I love it. It's a nod to both LC and the US. Plus it'll stand out from the solid color/plain LPs out there.

The only reason why I wouldn't travel with this specific bag is because of it's light color both inside and out. However, it'll hold the same amount of stuff that I posted above in my bilberry LP.

Hope you find it in Navy! Someone posted in the limited edition thread that in NYC there's a bunch of colors, both dark and light!

I took my last trip with a small Neo. And the really small cuir cross body bag for when I just wanted to carry a few things and not feel like I was carrying anything.
I'm trying to get a medium Neo for my next trip in case I want to carry a bit more.

I took my last trip with a small Neo. And the really small cuir cross body bag for when I just wanted to carry a few things and not feel like I was carrying anything.
I'm trying to get a medium Neo for my next trip in case I want to carry a bit more.

What can you carry in the small neo and small cuir? Been debating on these two as my sightseeing bag.

What can you carry in the small neo and small cuir? Been debating on these two as my sightseeing bag.

The small neo is similar in size to a medium LH LP I think. Or small LH, I know they are named differently on different sites. It's just easy to get into when it's on my shoulder and easy to move around with because of the handles (for me).

This is the small cuir I meant--it holds my phone in the front pocket, and a small wallet, sunglasses (not in a case), and room for a few small items (keys, lipstick etc)

We are pillow pet twins!

I use the large le pliage tote as my carry on hand bag because its so huge and can fit a ton of stuff. I generally am a carry on only passenger so I try to maximize what I can bring in my carry on suitcase and handbag. I have also stashed my small le pliage cuir bag to use for day to day use when im at my destination because I don't want to carry such a large bag around. I've also used the expandable le pliage tote and I didn't use all the extra space it had but it would have been to small had I zipped it shut, because it is smaller than the large when zipped up. I like the idea of using a carabiner to keep it hooked onto your carry on bag. I usually have to hold the handles of mine with the carry on handle because even though my carry on is a upright with four wheels on the bottom it just won't sit pretty on it and likes to slip off.

The small neo is similar in size to a medium LH LP I think. Or small LH, I know they are named differently on different sites. It's just easy to get into when it's on my shoulder and easy to move around with because of the handles (for me).

This is the small cuir I meant--it holds my phone in the front pocket, and a small wallet, sunglasses (not in a case), and room for a few small items (keys, lipstick etc)

Hm. Both bags seem pretty good contenders for what I need. Thanks for the info!