Traveling purse help needed!

Mamatutu

O.G.
Jan 2, 2011
We will be traveling to Ireland really soon and I am down to the wire trying to pic a handbag! I don't have any crossbody bags or bags with a zip top other than one. I love my Gucci Sukey Guccissima Leather Large Tote but it gets heavy, doesn't have a zip top, ect......

I am trying to figure out a purse to purchase to take with that can't handle rain just in case and will hold up but I will use after. I won't be dancing in the rain but should it rain I can't have it ruined if it gets a drop or two on it. I have been trying to look for "inexpensive" bags but I haven't found anything and don't see saving a little money on something I don't love that will just sit in the closet when we get back. I need something that will work for going out and daily use as we will be there an extended time.

So right now I am down to two in my head....
Gucci Sukey Top Handle in leather
or
LV Speedy B 30 in DE as I don't have time to let it patina and again the water
or
??

I don't currently own and LV bags so I was leaning to that as the Sukey would be the same color, same material as the one I have now but with a zipper, smaller, and crossbody. Not a fan of monogram but sounds like it will stand up well, my daughter likes it (she can have it when she is older), it is classic, but also very common as LV bags are everywhere here. I am a mom in my 30s and hear that it is a great all around bag though.

Also traveling internationally with designer bags, yay or nay?
I am not opposed to any designer or bag so if you have a favorite for traveling I would love any and all suggestions as I have about a week to figure something out!

Thank you!

We will be traveling to Ireland really soon and I am down to the wire trying to pic a handbag! I don't have any crossbody bags or bags with a zip top other than one. I love my Gucci Sukey Guccissima Leather Large Tote but it gets heavy, doesn't have a zip top, ect......

I am trying to figure out a purse to purchase to take with that can't handle rain just in case and will hold up but I will use after. I won't be dancing in the rain but should it rain I can't have it ruined if it gets a drop or two on it. I have been trying to look for "inexpensive" bags but I haven't found anything and don't see saving a little money on something I don't love that will just sit in the closet when we get back. I need something that will work for going out and daily use as we will be there an extended time.

So right now I am down to two in my head....
Gucci Sukey Top Handle in leather
or
LV Speedy B 30 in DE as I don't have time to let it patina and again the water
or
??

I don't currently own and LV bags so I was leaning to that as the Sukey would be the same color, same material as the one I have now but with a zipper, smaller, and crossbody. Not a fan of monogram but sounds like it will stand up well, my daughter likes it (she can have it when she is older), it is classic, but also very common as LV bags are everywhere here. I am a mom in my 30s and hear that it is a great all around bag though.

Also traveling internationally with designer bags, yay or nay?
I am not opposed to any designer or bag so if you have a favorite for traveling I would love any and all suggestions as I have about a week to figure something out!

Thank you!
Hi, perhaps the mods can move this as it's been posted in the clubhouse rather than the main forum/FAQ's section. A search of the main forum might be handy as which bag to travel with comes up a lot, I tend to use my longchamp bags as I don't want to worry about babying a bag when I'm travelling hth.

Try the totally mm in De ~ zippered closure, super comfortable on the shoulder and 100% weatherproof. Plus those 1 outside pockets will come in handy for a water bottle, receipts, etc. And it's affordably priced.

I think the speedy b 30 in DE is a great choice for traveling. It's light and can be carried so many ways which makes it really convenient and functional. You can also fold it and pack it in a bigger bag if its not needed. DE is virtually indestructible which I love. Perfect for all weather. It's also safely zipped up away from pick pockets. Carrying it cross body should prevent any danger coming near you.

Traveling with a designer bag, well, depends on where youre going. City, country? Rich? poor? That'll determine your choice. Have a good one! :smile:

I would suggest a more streamlined bag than the speedy b. A lot of places in Ireland are tight. When I was at knoweth, just about everyone had to leave their bag outside. However, my Bloomsbury was allowed in. I have a GM which has been discontinued but available preloved. The pm is a great size too. I suggest deciding what you need to take and going to the store to try on bags. Hopefully, the bag will go on lots of additional adventures with you! Best of luck and have a wonderful time in Ireland!

Carrick-a-rede hanging bridge, Northern Ireland with the bloomie:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405258781.126168.jpg

I would choose the DE Speedy 30. I've traveled incessantly since I picked up my Mon Mono Speedy B35. It goes under the radar since so many carry them, and it changes shape based on what I'm carrying. If necessary, I pack it underneath my clothes in my luggage and carry my Coach Bleecker. I'm surprised at how comfy I've gotten with my Speedy; I never knew it was so versatile. I've contemplated getting a DE instead, but I love my personalized bag.

Hi, perhaps the mods can move this as it's been posted in the clubhouse rather than the main forum/FAQ's section. A search of the main forum might be handy as which bag to travel with comes up a lot, I tend to use my longchamp bags as I don't want to worry about babying a bag when I'm travelling hth.

Sorry I didnt realize I posted it in the wrobg area. Is there a way to delete the thread and post in the correct are? I dont see one on my tablet but will check from my comouter.

Thank you for your suggestions! I am thinking the speedy if they get one in stock or I will just pick something up at Coach or Nordstroms if it doesn't.
I don't know the arem my husband does. As for smaller I need to get my kids stuff in there or the option to if needed. I wouldn't really use a smaller bag after as the only tine I do small is maybe a clutch when going out.

I think the speedy b 30 in DE is a great choice for traveling. It's light and can be carried so many ways which makes it really convenient and functional. You can also fold it and pack it in a bigger bag if its not needed. DE is virtually indestructible which I love. Perfect for all weather. It's also safely zipped up away from pick pockets. Carrying it cross body should prevent any danger coming near you.

Traveling with a designer bag, well, depends on where youre going. City, country? Rich? poor? That'll determine your choice. Have a good one! :smile:

Agree here completely. Also the DE is a lo- key bag - most people do not even realize it is LV. Probably a good idea to stay away from a bag with too many common logo all over it. I think when using a designer bag you need to use good judgement as far as where you will be going, so on and so forth. Please have safe travels.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I've been to Ireland 4 times fwiw...I think the speedy b de would be great. Lots of 'soft' rain...comes and goes. Also, you wouldn't have to worry about it in a pub when grabbing a beer and pub grub should that be the case. If y'all rent bikes, it would come in handy then as well.
It's a beautiful country and the people are wonderful. Wishing you a great trip! Where are you heading?

LV Bloomsbury pm or Marc by Marc Jacobs Natasha.
I sometimes like to travel with a Longchamp Pliage and use my LV Pochette or Eva inside to hold my ZCP keys in cles and iPhone. This way I have a smaller bag to use in the evenings and I still have a bit of LV with me! I own the large black longchamp tote which I usually use on the plane and I usually put my smaller Longchamp in chocolate in my suitcase to use if I want a smaller day bag.

LV Bloomsbury pm or Marc by Marc Jacobs Natasha.
I sometimes like to travel with a Longchamp Pliage and use my LV Pochette or Eva inside to hold my ZCP keys in cles and iPhone. This way I have a smaller bag to use in the evenings and I still have a bit of LV with me! I own the large black longchamp tote which I usually use on the plane and I usually put my smaller Longchamp in chocolate in my suitcase to use if I want a smaller day bag.

+1 to the pochette idea. I love having a smaller piece that I can use for quick errands or evenings whilst on holiday. I recently got back from Florida and took my pochette with my Eva across body strap and probably used that more than my larger bag.it was lovely and light weight and didnt hurt my shoulder at all.
The speedy b is fantastic and a piece I'd love to own one day, but I don't know how itll sit when across body or on the shoulder? I'd hate for the corners to get rubbed/ scuffed whilst travelling.

Another vote for Longchamp. I am traveling at the moment and it worked very well for me. I have my LV Epi Pochette as my purse, but I had it down in my Le Pliage for actual travel day along with iPad mini, snacks, glasses, etc. hope this helps.