Finally taking the plunge!

kcarmona

Feb 21, 2013
Okay so I need some advice from you amazing Celine experts! I am a 21 year old college student, but I've been pretty successful with my job and am able to fund my bag obsession somewhat. I don't make THAT much money, and I try to save so all of the bags I have are either pre-loved or I found at an outlet for a really good price.

Anyways, I have officially decided I NEED a Phantom in a pop color in my life. I looked through my bags and realized I have no color and lots of crossbodys. So I think a colorful BIG bag will be the perfect addition to my collection. I've also realized finding this bag on sale is never gonna happen and the prices on eBay are so high that I might as well just take the plunge and purchase my very first full price brand new bag! The problem is I will have to use a credit card.

I'm in Miami, so I'm lucky enough to have a Celine boutique near me, and they happen to have what I'm looking for. So my question is, do boutiques have credit cards? I know I can get a NM, Nordstrom, etc. card but I don't even know if they will have what I'm looking for. My only two credit cards are a Chase card with a low limit and an Amex charge card which means I have to pay it in full.

Also, I've never had a problem with big bags even though I'm 4'11 and very tiny. (Hey, if I like it then I don't care what people think!) But there are some bags that DO look ridiculous on me, like the large size Antigona. Sorry for the long post, but basically here are my questions lol.

Do boutiques like Celine offer credit cards, or will I have to purchase at a department store if I want to charge it?

Do you think the Phantom will look ridiculous for someone my size?

And lastly, do any of you know which department stores in South Florida have Celine so I can call around and see if any of them have what I'm looking for?

Thanks so much for your help guys! I'm just really nervous as this will be my biggest bag/fashion purchase ever! :P

Okay so I need some advice from you amazing Celine experts! I am a 21 year old college student, but I've been pretty successful with my job and am able to fund my bag obsession somewhat. I don't make THAT much money, and I try to save so all of the bags I have are either pre-loved or I found at an outlet for a really good price.

Anyways, I have officially decided I NEED a Phantom in a pop color in my life. I looked through my bags and realized I have no color and lots of crossbodys. So I think a colorful BIG bag will be the perfect addition to my collection. I've also realized finding this bag on sale is never gonna happen and the prices on eBay are so high that I might as well just take the plunge and purchase my very first full price brand new bag! The problem is I will have to use a credit card.

I'm in Miami, so I'm lucky enough to have a Celine boutique near me, and they happen to have what I'm looking for. So my question is, do boutiques have credit cards? I know I can get a NM, Nordstrom, etc. card but I don't even know if they will have what I'm looking for. My only two credit cards are a Chase card with a low limit and an Amex charge card which means I have to pay it in full.

Also, I've never had a problem with big bags even though I'm 4'11 and very tiny. (Hey, if I like it then I don't care what people think!) But there are some bags that DO look ridiculous on me, like the large size Antigona. Sorry for the long post, but basically here are my questions lol.

Do boutiques like Celine offer credit cards, or will I have to purchase at a department store if I want to charge it?

Do you think the Phantom will look ridiculous for someone my size?

And lastly, do any of you know which department stores in South Florida have Celine so I can call around and see if any of them have what I'm looking for?

Thanks so much for your help guys! I'm just really nervous as this will be my biggest bag/fashion purchase ever! :P
I am not Celine expert but I can give you some ideas.

Celine boutique doesn't offer store credit card. However for payment, you can split the balance into 3 transactions (chase, amex and then cash).

Also Saks at Boca Raton Fl (561) 393-9100 has huge Celine collections. And as of today they just got a new shipping. But no fuchsia phantom. I personally prefer buying bag at department store as they offer points.

I have seen many petite girls and boys carry Phantom from where I came from so I think you should be ok.

Edit: Oh I just saw your wishlist. It is the burgundy Phantom. Lately I don't see this color from any department store.

Last edited:
I am not Celine expert but I can give you some ideas.

Celine boutique doesn't offer store credit card. However for payment, you can split the balance into 3 transactions (chase, amex and then cash).

Also Saks at Boca Raton Fl (561) 393-9100 has huge Celine collections. And as of today they just got a new shipping. But no fuchsia phantom. I personally prefer buying bag at department store as they offer points.

I have seen many petite girls and boys carry Phantom from where I came from so I think you should be ok.

Edit: Oh I just saw your wishlist. It is the burgundy Phantom. Lately I don't see this color from any department store.

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm going to see what they have in Boca and if not maybe I can find it out of state. Like you said, I'm probably going to try and find it in a department store and open a card.

And good to hear about the size! That's my biggest concern.

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm going to see what they have in Boca and if not maybe I can find it out of state. Like you said, I'm probably going to try and find it in a department store and open a card.

And good to hear about the size! That's my biggest concern.
You are welcome and don't forget to show us your modeling pics ok? :smile:

Thanks! I actually was all set to purchase from Bergdorf's and then my limit on the card was so low because I had just opened it. Hopefully it goes up soon and I can get it! :sad: