Light Gray Antigona vs Dark Gray Antigona - Opinions?

yellowkittie

Aug 23, 2007
Hi all!

I preordered a small gray Antigona in calfskin from Bergdorf's a few weeks ago and it just shipped! However, I was browsing the L'Inde de Palais website and saw that they have a darker gray Antigona in goatskin available for pre-order. I love the sleek look of the lighter gray bag but I'm so afraid that it will be more difficult to care for than the darker gray goatskin (I'm a mom to 2 toddlers and can't baby my bags too much). Also, most of my wardrobe consists of navy, gray and black, but I'm not too sure which shade of gray would be more versatile. Any opinions? For reference, here are the 2 bags in question:

Light gray in calfskin:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Give...nements%3D&eItemId=prod98200003&cmCat=product

Darker gray in goatskin:

http://www.lindelepalais.com/en-US/product/26809

Thank you!

The light grey is stunning and oh so elegant. The dark grey is very beautiful and I like the texture of the goatskin.

Not to complicate matters, but after I read your wardrobe colors, if it were me..........I think the Oxblood coming out with the Fall line would be incredible! It could take some wear so you would not worry about your little ones, and oh what a lovely color it would be when worn with your wardrobe colors of grey, black, and navy.

Below is a pix of the Oxblood.... if you decide to stay with the greys I do think both are seriously to die for, you can't go wrong!

Cheers and let us know what you decide!

Oxblood_zpsd260d89c.png

The light grey is stunning and oh so elegant. The dark grey is very beautiful and I like the texture of the goatskin.

Not to complicate matters, but after I read your wardrobe colors, if it were me..........I think the Oxblood coming out with the Fall line would be incredible! It could take some wear so you would not worry about your little ones, and oh what a lovely color it would be when worn with your wardrobe colors of grey, black, and navy.

Below is a pix of the Oxblood.... if you decide to stay with the greys I do think both are seriously to die for, you can't go wrong!

Cheers and let us know what you decide!

Oxblood_zpsd260d89c.png
LoveHandbags, I think you read my mind. I've been eyeing the new Bordeaux color but have been afraid to take the plunge because it's a bit out of my comfort zone (almost all of my bags are either black or brown/tan). But I have to admit that it's stunning and would be great with my wardrobe as well as being easier to care for. Do you think it's an appropriate color to wear year round?

LoveHandbags, I think you read my mind. I've been eyeing the new Bordeaux color but have been afraid to take the plunge because it's a bit out of my comfort zone (almost all of my bags are either black or brown/tan). But I have to admit that it's stunning and would be great with my wardrobe as well as being easier to care for. Do you think it's an appropriate color to wear year round?

Oh my heavens, yes, in my opinion this color leather would easily work year round, wherever one lives. I totally understand because I am one that tends to be very conservative when it comes to color in handbags. When I think of Oxblood, I think it would be a leather that compliments your wardrobe, yet it not too 'out there' for your taste. It is a nice contrast, but not loud in the least. From other posts here, I believe we are not alone. It is a win-win and totally a year round color that would compliment your existing wardrobe. For more opinions on this leather see these threads below... I am so excited for you!

http://forum.purseblog.com/givenchy/antigona-for-fall-oxblood-and-mustard-colors-873005.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/givenchy/givenchy-fall-winter-2014-collection-870162.html

Personally I love the darker grey as it will go with anything. But the oxblood that has been suggested is so gorgeous and will also act as a great neutral!

im in the same boat!!! been lusting after the light grey but it seems that finding it in the goatskin is not going to happen. then i saw the dark grey which i like... then the oxblood. still debating btwn the drk grey & the oxblood but you ladies are pushing me towards the latter. it just looks so lux!!!

I think the two grey handbags are stunning. Beautiful neutrals. However, I do agree with Love's suggestion of the oxblood. The color would bring more contrast and pop to your wardrobe, which sounds very much like my colors. I wear so much grey, black, and blue, so I tend to stay away from black and grey bags. I use my bags to bring color to the look. My one grey bag is anthracite pepe panda but the texture helps the bag stand out more. However, with the smoother finish of either the shiny calf or grained goatskin, a grey bag may not stand out. The antigona is a spectacular style and you want to choose a color that helps her show off her beauty against your outfit. An oxblood bag will also go with beige, olive, white, cream...it is a great neutral pop.

I have a friend who wears all the colors of the rainbow. She only buys neutral colored bags b/c she wears so much color in her clothing. She is the type of person I would say sure, get the grey bag or beige bag.

HTH

Defintely the darker grey! It's amazingly versatile and stunning! The oxblood is rlly nice bit I feel a would grow tired of the color after a while (I never get sick of black and grey ever). Hope you make the right decision for you! :smile:

Thank you, everyone, for your input! HRH, you made an excellent point about adding a pop of color to a very neutral colored, conservative wardrobe. I had a gray Fendi 2Jours (returned) and looking back on some pictures I took with it, it really did just blend in with my outfits. I have pre-ordered a small oxblood Antigona and will be returning the light gray one. I can't wait until the oxblood one arrives! :biggrin:

Thank you, everyone, for your input! HRH, you made an excellent point about adding a pop of color to a very neutral colored, conservative wardrobe. I had a gray Fendi 2Jours (returned) and looking back on some pictures I took with it, it really did just blend in with my outfits. I have pre-ordered a small oxblood Antigona and will be returning the light gray one. I can't wait until the oxblood one arrives! :biggrin:

Yay! So excited for you yellowkittie! Please do a reveal when it arrives. I know pre-order will be a bit, but we can wait, lol.

With HRH's and your observations, it brought up a memory for me.... before tPF, I never thought about how my handbags actually looked "on" me. Clothing, shoes, hair, jewelry.....yes, but handbag I only purchased out of love for the leather, function and how they felt on my arm. It really pays to look at pictures to see how one looks with your handbag, it is a truly important accessory, often your most important accessory! tPF showed me that, ha! Now I look (and look) and then purchase, ha!

Congrats on your Oxblood! I cannot wait to see it!