Celine Box Bag vs Lady Dior

Iwcflower

Apr 22, 2008
Hi, not sure if I should actually post this here or in the Dior forum.

I'm really in love with the Box Bag and is almost gonna dive into the shop to get one. But I've also been thinking of getting the Lady Dior for a long time. Given that both of their prices are quite similar, I'm really unsure which bag I should get. People say that Lady Dior is iconic compared to the Box Bag. What do you ladies think?

Definitely the Lady Dior bag.
It's timeless and it will turn heads and put smiles on everyone's faces.
The Box bag is nice but the Lady Dior is immaculate.
I prefer Céline bags over all Dior bags except the Lady Dior bag. It's truly perfection!

I would say there would be a place and time for both bags in a woman's wardrobe. Buy whichever one you like first and get the other one later. I am seriously in love with the Lady Dior bags under Raf's years there... So modern.

Good luck deciding.

Hi, not sure if I should actually post this here or in the Dior forum.

I'm really in love with the Box Bag and is almost gonna dive into the shop to get one. But I've also been thinking of getting the Lady Dior for a long time. Given that both of their prices are quite similar, I'm really unsure which bag I should get. People say that Lady Dior is iconic compared to the Box Bag. What do you ladies think?
Can you do both? :graucho:

I would say there would be a place and time for both bags in a woman's wardrobe. Buy whichever one you like first and get the other one later. I am seriously in love with the Lady Dior bags under Raf's years there... So modern.

Good luck deciding.

Cotonblanc, I think you spoke my mind.

I wish I could do both at once but its really not within my current budget. I have 2 kids that I tow along with me, a 7 years old and a 1.5 years old, if that helps in making decision at all :Pullhair::Pullhair:

Cotonblanc, I think you spoke my mind.

I wish I could do both at once but its really not within my current budget. I have 2 kids that I tow along with me, a 7 years old and a 1.5 years old, if that helps in making decision at all :Pullhair::Pullhair:

OK I might want to add that the pontet hardware on the Box bag is very sharp. May want to consider that if you're going to carry both the bag and the child!

But I'm sure it's possible to consider the Box once the kids are walking on their own. Both bags are very classic and their allures are different. I know that the seasonal Dior bags are mostly once-offs but you can always order a Box bag from the Céline store in your leather/colour of choice...

Get the Lady Dior first. And the Box after!

OK I might want to add that the pontet hardware on the Box bag is very sharp. May want to consider that if you're going to carry both the bag and the child!

But I'm sure it's possible to consider the Box once the kids are walking on their own. Both bags are very classic and their allures are different. I know that the seasonal Dior bags are mostly once-offs but you can always order a Box bag from the Céline store in your leather/colour of choice...

Get the Lady Dior first. And the Box after!

Thanks, my 1.5 years old can walk and if I carry her when we go out it will usually be in the baby carrier.

1 more question, would you get the seasonal modern LD or the classic "padded" ones? I am currently living in Hong Kong and the latter is so common here, its everywhere and sometimes I wonder if they are fakes (and there are lots of fakes this part of the world unfortunately).

^^ I'll definitely get the seasonal ones. The classics is a little too stuffy and matronly for my tastes. So the Lady Dior will be the modern sporty funkier one and a Céline box as a sleek counterpart! Problem solved.

Definitely Lady Dior, especially the seasonal ones. LD in classic is very classic like the chanel classic flap and since i don't want the same bag as other people, i would opt for the boy chanel in seasonal editions and LD in seasonal designs as well. Have u seen this season's floral Lady diors? Its TDF! i just hate that i can't pull it off since I'm a guy but i love the Diorissimo and Bar Bag from dior as well! Good luck deciding!

If you wanna get the LD, get the floral one! They are so beautiful! however, I doubt I'll buy the LD myself because I think it is a bit hard to get in and out (I do need something more practical as I'm also a mom with a young child).

On the other hand, the box bag is on my wish list too. I do think the box bag is more of my style (LD is a bit too feminine for my style). But I also need to see if the box bag is easy to get in and out as I also heard that the closure is kinda annoying to open from a tpfer.