Help! Seller stole my photos (like personal blog photos!)

KSGirl

May 28, 2012
Eeks! A seller on eBay swiped two photos off my personal style blog (more of my clothing diary really) and is using them in a listing. The ONLY two photos in her entire listing.

I have people copy my eBay listings all the time, whatever, I report and move on.

But this, this is rather personal! It's me in my bedroom mirror! And a shot of my legs/shoes. Thank goodness my face isn't in it, but geez! (I crop my face out of my blog photos)

I've reported it, I even posted about it on my blog, and have harassed all my IRL friends to report the listing.

Any other tips/suggestions?! Only reason I even found it was because a friend texted me wondering why I was selling my dress, and since when was I the size listed in the listing! (I'm a 0 in this brand, the listing is for a size 8)

I seriously feel violated!

Thanks gals!! I know I had a huge eBay problem a couple of years ago and y'all were awesome at helping me work it out. :smile:

KSGirl

Thanks! I did all that.

The seller pulled the photos. Then has since been sending nasty messages. Um, hello?! Your the one stealing images here.

And honestly, if she had asked? I wouldn't have minded. It's the using my obvious photos and NONE of her own that really got to me!! That's just crazy. I mean I have listing photos taken all the time (fixed that problem!!), but this was clearly ME! So bizarre!!!! (I know it happens a lot, I guess I've been initiated into that world!)

Thank you for the link! So much more helpful than evil bay!!

Taking over the world, one pair of shoes at a time.....

Thanks! I did all that.

The seller pulled the photos. Then has since been sending nasty messages. Um, hello?! Your the one stealing images here.

And honestly, if she had asked? I wouldn't have minded. It's the using my obvious photos and NONE of her own that really got to me!! That's just crazy. I mean I have listing photos taken all the time (fixed that problem!!), but this was clearly ME! So bizarre!!!! (I know it happens a lot, I guess I've been initiated into that world!)

Thank you for the link! So much more helpful than evil bay!!

Report those message to ebay!

Oh don't worry, I reported her!

I didn't realize, I accidentally sent her two messages (OOPS! I had started to type something, then got a message from a friend, and when I clicked back in the app, my initial message, that I had planned to edit and re-write, was gone and the page was blank. Apparently it got sent! Sooo, I can imagine I did look a tad crazy. I did put on my big girl pants and apologize to her for that), but still, an honest mistake like that did not warrant the name calling and ugliness. Nor make me a "bully".

Ugh. I mean, seriously?! Sometimes the audacity of people really floors me!! Decency seems to have gone out the window even more in the past few years!!

E
But this, this is rather personal! It's me in my bedroom mirror! And a shot of my legs/shoes. Thank goodness my face isn't in it, but geez!

Unfortunate and worth complaining to eBay. But you posted these pictures online for anyone on the planet to see and potentially lift, without any protections against their use.

Last edited: