Conflicted, is this normal?

lovemelon

O.G.
Jan 24, 2009
Hi girls, I got this great bag unfortunately looks like the zipper pressed against the leather making this indentation. I've been sitting on it for about 2 weeks hoping to smooth it out but doesn't seem to be working... Ladies to keep or return?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 731
Totally normal. Every double flap will have that mark, unavoidable really. Just be sure to put the felt over the spot when storing, that will help keep the zipper from pressing directly on the flap while it's stored. If the bag has no other "flaws", I wouldn't let this concern me.

Hi girls, I got this great bag unfortunately looks like the zipper pressed against the leather making this indentation. I've been sitting on it for about 2 weeks hoping to smooth it out but doesn't seem to be working... Ladies to keep or return?

I understand why having an imperfection on such a big investment. It looks like lambskin--if that's the case, the leather is more sensitive to scratches and marks at the beginning. After a while, it will develop a beautiful patina.

The bag is a beauty! If the flaw is on the inside I would not stress over it. It is very common and with use inevitable on the flap bags. I was thinking that perhaps the flap bags made of caviar would be less likely to have this issue, since my only caviar is a GST I am not sure.

If you can't easily do a straight swop for an identical bag then I'd hang on to it. Red Chanel flaps are much sought after and can be very hard to come by as they tend to get snapped up straight away. It is a beautiful bag, many congratulations.

i'd keep it if that is the only problem with the bag. That will happen with use. Its terrible design fault with the Woc. Less bad on the classic flaps...but even my caviar M/L is starting to show now after 12months of use.

^its on the double flap in the inside of the bag where the zipper is. It's really hard to find a red chanel in my city so I'm just going to keep it :smile:

You've made the right decision. There would be no point swapping the bag - My m/l lambskin has the same mark from the zip. A few weeks back there was a thread showing a little felt cover made to stop the zip rubbing. One of the forum members had crafted it by hand. Maybe you could give that a try if the mark is really going to bother you. Alternatively just accept nothing in this life is ever totally perfect and enjoy your new bag. The red lamb is just beautiful :smile: