Help! Louis Vuitton Belts Questions.

Timeless Classic Chic

Moving on to H
O.G.
Jun 21, 2012
Hello, I am having a little dilemma here. I have a strong urge to make a Louis Vuitton purchase and I really want to purchase a LV belt. My first concern is the wear and tear. I am pretty hard on belts and I tend to stretch out the holes and create a crease/fold in the back of the belt mainly because my waist is much smaller than my hips.

1. Can someone share a little insight on LV belts wear and tear?
2. My next dilemma is which print to select. Mono or DE? My Neverfull and Speedy is DE and my Speedy B, Keepall 50, and Torres Pm (w/silver hardware ;-() is Mono, the other LV bags are colors.

Please share your experience, thoughts and advice. Thank you all in advance.

I have 3 LV belts. Mono canvas Elipse , DE Riveted, and EPI Elec. Initials. I will say that the epi elec one is the strongest. They all curve to your waist. I think the mono is the softest and most flexible of them all. I probably have worn it no more than 10 times and it immediately conformed to my waist. So when I take it off there is a slight curve to the belt. Hope this helps.

Thanks Kimetra. Whick belt do you wear the most and why? Also, when you wear your Mono or DE do you carrying purses with the same print only? Sorry for so many questions. :smile:

I wear the DE Riveted more. It's a wider belt and the canvas feels sturdier than the mono. I dress more casual most of the time so my DE speedy b is my grab and go purse. I mix and match bags and slgs all the time but never my belts. If mono bag then mono belt....and so on. I absolutely love my epi belt! I haven't had any problems thus far with any of them. However I do feel like the mono is a bit flemsy after some wear. I would not get the one I have. If buying a canvas one then I would purchase the wider belts.

I have the epi initials - seems great. DH has 2 canvas and one LE suede and leather - that one seems great. I agree to avoid canvas if you are hard on belts.

I wear the DE Riveted more. It's a wider belt and the canvas feels sturdier than the mono. I dress more casual most of the time so my DE speedy b is my grab and go purse. I mix and match bags and slgs all the time but never my belts. If mono bag then mono belt....and so on. I absolutely love my epi belt! I haven't had any problems thus far with any of them. However I do feel like the mono is a bit flemsy after some wear. I would not get the one I have. If buying a canvas one then I would purchase the wider belts.

Thanks again Kimetra! :smile: Definitely will not be purchasing the mono. I will keep the DE Riveted in mind since my go to bags are DE print (Speedy and Neverfull).

I have the epi initials - seems great. DH has 2 canvas and one LE suede and leather - that one seems great. I agree to avoid canvas if you are hard on belts.

Thanks Clu13 for the insight. Hmmm, it seems like the epi leather is highly recommend. :thumbup: I hope it comes in dark brown. If not, the Riveted might be my only choice. Thanks again! :smile:

I can only give experience from a guys perspective but: I have the Mono Initiales Belt, Damier Ellipse belt, mono ellipse belt (I think thats what its called) and the Anagramme Belt in black.

I have worn the DE belt for 3 years virtually non stop and only now is the time to replace it, some glazing has worn off from where the buckle slides over the belt edges and a little stitching has frayed. Other than that its perfect and considering I literally wear this as an everyday belt and don't care for it at all thats pretty good.

I find that the best type of belt LV do is the belts which don't have a traditional buckle as in belts with the 'clip through' LV buckle as there is no bending where the buckle is (does that make sense?) As the buckle simply slots through a hole as opposed to sliding through the belt. My mono initiales is the belt which shows NO signs of wear due to this :smile:

I have a similar shape to you (waste much smaller than my hips) and I've had the LV frame monogram belt for a few months now and have had no issues. The holes have not misshapen yet and the belt conforms to waist when I wear it. I usually only wear though when I wear my Palermo. Good luck with your decision!