Nylon City - Yay, or Nay?

oh god no...lol.
But I remember you had said that Prada's Nylon bags were still good quality, so I'm looking into them.

(thanks for the recommendation).

You're welcome! :biggrin: A lot of the Prada experts have not been as happy with some of the latest/later handbags of the brand (declining quality, focus on just saffiano, etc)... but they are pretty much unanimous in praising the quality of the nylon handbags. They're made of the same material as sails on boats, and from their experience and mine, the nylon bags are incredibly durable and tough. They can take all the abuse you can dish out. There are not that many designs of nylon handbags out though (since focus lately has been on the saffiano offerings), but if you find a style you like, it just might be the one for you ;)

Oh, it's over here too!

Yes, it does look to be rubberized hardware. The strap has the rh hardware though, or at least the back of the hardware appears to be uncoated. I love the rubber studs, but this bag feels like a half-@$$ęd version of an attempt at pop art. I have felt that way about their other rubber stud pieces too (I have 1 TT with those studs). G21 rubber studs now (or even something slightly larger than rh)...Hmmmm....:thinking: Imho if you are going to "go for it", it needs to go to the next level to be sincere and a full vision.

Yep! I wasn't sure if there was a thread on this already so my first instinct is to always share on BI, but since there was none yet, I created a new thread for it ;)

I am not very creative so I don't know that much about design or even artistic vision... but what you wrote strikes me as very true (and very well said/written, too :P).

Price point aside, I need to see how this is carried - how it looks when it slouches (which is the hallmark of a Bal imo), and what it does for an outfit. A nylon city can possibly look very cool depending on a person's style.

This is an anathema to me; the antithesis of what Balenciaga was founded on (e.g., the LEATHER!). I think AW was not the right choice of a designer for this line; hopefully they will see this before he totally destroys the brand.

This is an anathema to me; the antithesis of what Balenciaga was founded on (e.g., the LEATHER!). I think AW was not the right choice of a designer for this line; hopefully they will see this before he totally destroys the brand.

Agree. It's like he's trying to reinvent the wheel. Just leave it alone - stop trying to ruin a good thing.

I agree. At first I was excited about his appointment as I love his AW line, but he shouldn't be messing with perfection. Add if you want but leave the classics as they are. Don't change them!

This nylon version could work for me. I love Prada nylon for it's wearability. But I doubt I'd buy this one at full price since Longchamps nylon works for me and it's affordable enough that if wrecked I'm not heartbroken.

I am digging the rubber hardware though.

Agree. It's like he's trying to reinvent the wheel. Just leave it alone - stop trying to ruin a good thing.

I totally agree!!!