Backpacks for School

Tk102

Nov 25, 2010
So I will be starting Law School in August and I'm looking for a backpack that is both stylish and functional. I did buy the Michael Kors Jet Set Travel bag to store my laptop but I prefer to have a backpack as well. Any suggestions?

I REALLY want an MCM backpack but with current expenses it just does not seem feasible. So I'm looking at either a Northface Backpack or Hershel... or anything anybody wants to suggest?

So, I found great Hershel bags on the website... the one I'm looking at is about 90 bucks.. which is a pretty good deal! The only thing is.. I don't know how this backpack will look on my frame. I'm pretty small and 5'3. This is what it looks like

http://shop.herschelsupply.com/collections/backpacks/products/little-america-backpack-black

I tried it on in Urban Outfitters and it totally dwarfs my 5'6 frame. The vertical design making it hard to dig for small items. Not sure if exterior pocket is important to you, but having only one totally made me walk away without regrets :P

I tried it on in Urban Outfitters and it totally dwarfs my 5'6 frame. The vertical design making it hard to dig for small items. Not sure if exterior pocket is important to you, but having only one totally made me walk away without regrets :P

Haha I'm glad you tried it on... that means it's going to make me look even tinier! I don't really care for exterior pockets. Did you check out the retreat backpack by Herschel? I really like that one as well.. it's a smaller version of the little America one!

Btw, if anybody is looking to buy a Herschel backpack I suggest getting it from Nordstrom instead of ordering from Herschel.. you will save money on shipping! :biggrin:

Haha I'm glad you tried it on... that means it's going to make me look even tinier! I don't really care for exterior pockets. Did you check out the retreat backpack by Herschel? I really like that one as well.. it's a smaller version of the little America one!

Btw, if anybody is looking to buy a Herschel backpack I suggest getting it from Nordstrom instead of ordering from Herschel.. you will save money on shipping! :biggrin:

no, I haven't seen one near me. I rely on my trusty jansport for heavy medical program text books (sure I can go digital and save my back, but I'm too old school lol).

Also to add on $ saving, order from Nordies online via one of those rebate sites (it's against the policy to post their names, but I'd be happy to answer in pm) for additional % back. If you are a student with one of those .edu email, Amazon prime for student can totally save you lot of $ as well, tax free for most of the states :graucho:

Hi. If you haven't already purchased your backpack then I suggest checking out a Lululemon one. They're not for sale right now on their website but should be available soon come the end of July or beginning of August. Or at least, that's when it was available last year.

I totally missed out on it last year but have been stalking re-seller sites for the color I really want. But I have my fingers crossed that Lulu will bring it back for 2014.
What I loved most was the removable front pouch that one could wear either as a waist bag or cross body.

Anyway, hope you find a backpack that you love! :flowers:

Attachments

• 049d5b65-4204-4856-b657-dd1330f5bc59.png
    049d5b65-4204-4856-b657-dd1330f5bc59.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 174ea11c-f0af-4563-8364-e67179a40cde.png
    174ea11c-f0af-4563-8364-e67179a40cde.png
    434 KB · Views: 191