Advice on Sookie Bag

jess236

O.G.
Apr 4, 2011
Hi,

I am new to Ferragamo and would really appreciate any information on the small sookie bag. It was love at first sight, but I needed a bit of information on the bag before pulling the trigger. I was wondering if it is part of a permanent collection or just recently introduced. Are there any problems with the bag etc. what is the general quality of Ferragamo bags?

http://www.qcloth.com/2014/06/salvatore-ferragamo-sookie-leather-shopper-for-women/

Thanks!!!

I'm not the best at knowing all the Ferragamo bags but I believe this is a more recent style. It reminds me a bit of the Mulberry Bayswater (http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/bayswater-search/bayswater-oxblood-natural-leather) which is one Mulberrys signature bags.

Generally Ferragamo has excellent quality leather and workmanship. I have 4 of their bags so far and imagine I'll accumulate more over time (compared to 3 Balenciaga, 3 Mulberry, 5 Rebecca Minkoff.)

Last edited:
I'm not the best at knowing all the Ferragamo bags but I believe this is a more recent style. It reminds me a bit of the Mulberry Bayswater (http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/bayswater-search/bayswater-oxblood-natural-leather) which is one Mulberrys signature bags.

Generally Ferragamo has excellent quality leather and workmanship. I have 4 of their bags so far and imagine I'll accumulate more over time (compared to 3 Balenciaga, 3 Mulberry, 5 Rebecca Minkoff.)
Thank you for the information!
Yes, I did think it looked a lot like a Mulberry bag, but I think the Ferragamo is lighter and a little more polished - which is what I am looking for. Although, I do like the Mulberry bags as well. I am really happy to hear that the quality is excellent, with no major issues.

Thank you for the information!
Yes, I did think it looked a lot like a Mulberry bag, but I think the Ferragamo is lighter and a little more polished - which is what I am looking for. Although, I do like the Mulberry bags as well. I am really happy to hear that the quality is excellent, with no major issues.

Oh, I'm sure it's lighter than the Bayswater. I haven't handled the Sookie but the Bayswater isn't light, especially when it's full.

The Sookie bag started to appear in Ferragamo's line up last year. Like you, I was interested in the Mulberry bayswater but found the bag too heavy for me. Also, when I tried the bayswater at the store the handles seemed too short to fit comfortably on my shoulder but the SA had informed me that it would stretch overtime.

I purchased the large Sookie last year because I wanted a tote bag similar in style to the Bayswater. Having used it a lot I can say that it is very lightweight, definitely lighter than the bayswater and the leather is a workhorse - it is soft, smooth, pliable and has held up well. I'm amazed that it does not scuff easily. At this point, the lower corners of the bag has a bit of wear. The specs on my bag's box says that the outer leather is calf while interior leather is nappa lamb skin.

I love the lighter colored leather lining in my Sookie. It is easier to find things. The only thing that may be a point of contention is that the older style Sookie does not have any internal pockets. It does, however, come with a leather pouch with an attachable strap.

The Sookie bag started to appear in Ferragamo's line up last year. Like you, I was interested in the Mulberry bayswater but found the bag too heavy for me. Also, when I tried the bayswater at the store the handles seemed too short to fit comfortably on my shoulder but the SA had informed me that it would stretch overtime.

I purchased the large Sookie last year because I wanted a tote bag similar in style to the Bayswater. Having used it a lot I can say that it is very lightweight, definitely lighter than the bayswater and the leather is a workhorse - it is soft, smooth, pliable and has held up well. I'm amazed that it does not scuff easily. At this point, the lower corners of the bag has a bit of wear. The specs on my bag's box says that the outer leather is calf while interior leather is nappa lamb skin.

I love the lighter colored leather lining in my Sookie. It is easier to find things. The only thing that may be a point of contention is that the older style Sookie does not have any internal pockets. It does, however, come with a leather pouch with an attachable strap.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the bag! It makes me more comfortable knowing that it is very sturdy. Since I don't plan to load it up, it should definitely last for my purposes.

Even though it appears to be a new model from last year, it is a classic design.

The small one has the light lining and the pouch as well... and no pockets. I'll probably use a bag organizer in this one.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the bag! It makes me more comfortable knowing that it is very sturdy. Since I don't plan to load it up, it should definitely last for my purposes.

Even though it appears to be a new model from last year, it is a classic design.

The small one has the light lining and the pouch as well... and no pockets. I'll probably use a bag organizer in this one.

Glad to be of help. I love the pouch! I use it a lot since it is easy to transfer random small items when I switch out bags. Unfortunately, Ferragamo does not sell these pouches separately. I wish they did 😄

Hi,

I am new to Ferragamo and would really appreciate any information on the small sookie bag. It was love at first sight, but I needed a bit of information on the bag before pulling the trigger. I was wondering if it is part of a permanent collection or just recently introduced. Are there any problems with the bag etc. what is the general quality of Ferragamo bags?

http://www.qcloth.com/2014/06/salvatore-ferragamo-sookie-leather-shopper-for-women/

Thanks!!!

Hi, just wondering if you ever got this bag ? I too am in love with it! I've recently decided to get it, though I have to sell a few first! I have seen this in person and the leather is gorgeous ! The color I want is tan ( not sure exact name). I love the mulberry bayswater too but it is too big for me. The medium size in this ferragamo bag is perfect though. If I don't sell some items to pay for it, it'll have to wait till Christmas!!

I didn't end up getting it, because I missed out on getting a black one on sale. They already sold them by the time I decided to make the move :sad:. The boutique had a turquoise color and another light color left, but I only wanted the black one. I think a few colors (except black) are on still on sale on the website for about $1100.

I can't pay full price knowing that they go on sale, but I will be on the look-out for it.
I hope you manage to find the one you like - good luck!

I didn't end up getting it, because I missed out on getting a black one on sale. They already sold them by the time I decided to make the move :sad:. The boutique had a turquoise color and another light color left, but I only wanted the black one. I think a few colors (except black) are on still on sale on the website for about $1100.

I can't pay full price knowing that they go on sale, but I will be on the look-out for it.
I hope you manage to find the one you like - good luck!

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I Bloomingdales just told me they will have a Friends and Family sale at the end of September and Ferragamo is included!! Yippee!! I will get mine then,