Curieuse, Elysse, or Dauphine

Mar 27, 2007
These are the 3 wallets I am looking at. I only want one :smile: I think Tulip2 might have all 3. I am looking for which one you think will go the distance with daily use. I do not trade out wallets, I am not concerned about matching to my handbags, I believe the Elysse is calf leather on the inside, Dauphine I believe is goat leather. I have heard goat is more durable. I will do the pink in Elysse if I go with that one, no idea on color for Curieuse or Dauphine. Any help on which one you think will be "the one" is greatly appreciated. Color choice would really be helpful too. Thanks so much!!!!! :smile: Oh one last thing, I know I will be happier in the long run if it isn't too heavy. I really do like the Elysse- love the pink- but I don't need a clutch and it isn't all leather. Can you tell, I can't make up my mind. Will the Curieuse crack? Is the Dauphine really worth that much money? Help!!!!!! I am not by a LV store to check them out :sad: Thanks again!!!!

These are the 3 wallets I am looking at. I only want one :smile: I think Tulip2 might have all 3. I am looking for which one you think will go the distance with daily use. I do not trade out wallets, I am not concerned about matching to my handbags, I believe the Elysse is calf leather on the inside, Dauphine I believe is goat leather. I have heard goat is more durable. I will do the pink in Elysse if I go with that one, no idea on color for Curieuse or Dauphine. Any help on which one you think will be "the one" is greatly appreciated. Color choice would really be helpful too. Thanks so much!!!!! :smile: Oh one last thing, I know I will be happier in the long run if it isn't too heavy. I really do like the Elysse- love the pink- but I don't need a clutch and it isn't all leather. Can you tell, I can't make up my mind. Will the Curieuse crack? Is the Dauphine really worth that much money? Help!!!!!! I am not by a LV store to check them out :sad: Thanks again!!!!
Anyone?

I absolutely love my Curieuse in Aurore :tender: The leather is soft and luxurious and the color is a beautiful neutral. It is not too heavy and I love all of the card slots and the fuctionality of the wallet (especially the zippered removable coin pouch). I haven't seen the other two IRL, so I can't help you with those. GLD!

I absolutely love my Curieuse in Aurore :tender: The leather is soft and luxurious and the color is a beautiful neutral. It is not too heavy and I love all of the card slots and the fuctionality of the wallet (especially the zippered removable coin pouch). I haven't seen the other two IRL, so I can't help you with those. GLD!
Thanks LG! I do love the color of your Curieuse- it's gorgeous!!!! May I ask how long you have had your wallet and do you use it daily? Thanks again!!!!

I have the cerieuse in orient. It's served as my every-other-day wallet. Only because when I don't use that I use the little pouch to carry just the essentials. One year and going strong with no cracking yet. So buttery and soft. Love this little gem to bits.

Best of luck deciding.

I have the cerieuse in orient. It's served as my every-other-day wallet. Only because when I don't use that I use the little pouch to carry just the essentials. One year and going strong with no cracking yet. So buttery and soft. Love this little gem to bits.

Best of luck deciding.
Thanks for the good news RRR!!! One year and going strong is very good to hear. As much as I am looking at spending, I really need to know that any of the 3 of these wallets will last. Thank you!

Hi Peppermintpatty! Yes, I do have all 3 wallets. I wish I could be more help. I have carried my Elysee and its a wonderful wallet. I liked it so much I got it in Pink too because it matches my Pink Pallas.

The Dauphine is one luxurious wallet. It handles anything I throw at it, but due to its expense, I'm quite a bit more careful with it. No just throwing around the Dauphine - too expensive to do that. But I love it!

I got the Curieuse in Bronze to match my Emp Speedy 25 Bronze. Unfortunately, I haven't rotated into that one yet, so can't help there. One thing I do know about this wallet is that it appears everyone that has it absolutely loves it! I expect that I will feel the same way about it too.

For the most part I'm a Zippy girl, so I'm kind of comparing each of these wallets to a Zippy.

Good luck on your decision! Can't wait to see what you get! :smile:

Hi Peppermintpatty! Yes, I do have all 3 wallets. I wish I could be more help. I have carried my Elysee and its a wonderful wallet. I liked it so much I got it in Pink too because it matches my Pink Pallas.

The Dauphine is one luxurious wallet. It handles anything I throw at it, but due to its expense, I'm quite a bit more careful with it. No just throwing around the Dauphine - too expensive to do that. But I love it!

I got the Curieuse in Bronze to match my Emp Speedy 25 Bronze. Unfortunately, I haven't rotated into that one yet, so can't help there. One thing I do know about this wallet is that it appears everyone that has it absolutely loves it! I expect that I will feel the same way about it too.

For the most part I'm a Zippy girl, so I'm kind of comparing each of these wallets to a Zippy.

Good luck on your decision! Can't wait to see what you get! :smile:
Hi Tulip2! I was so hoping you would reply- thank you so much!!!! A couple more questions if you don't mind :smile: Do you find the Elysee to be heavy or cumbersome? Do you feel it is more durable than the Dauphine? I see you purchased the Dauphine in the beautiful magnolia to go with you beyond gorgeous Soft Lockit. I would probably do it in the blue with the pink interior. Are you so careful with the Dauphine due to cost, color, or the leather itself? I ask this because you don't sound like you have to be as careful with the Elysee and yet that is definitely more expensive than say the Curieuse. Hope this last question made sense!!!! I am really counting on you ( no pressure!) since you have both the Elysee and Dauphine. How about this question-would quality and durability been enough for you to purchase the Dauphine if you didn't need the magnolia color to match your Soft Lockit? Thank you so much- you have no idea how much I value your advice and appreciate your time.

Hi Tulip2! I was so hoping you would reply- thank you so much!!!! A couple more questions if you don't mind :smile: Do you find the Elysee to be heavy or cumbersome? Do you feel it is more durable than the Dauphine? I see you purchased the Dauphine in the beautiful magnolia to go with you beyond gorgeous Soft Lockit. I would probably do it in the blue with the pink interior. Are you so careful with the Dauphine due to cost, color, or the leather itself? I ask this because you don't sound like you have to be as careful with the Elysee and yet that is definitely more expensive than say the Curieuse. Hope this last question made sense!!!! I am really counting on you ( no pressure!) since you have both the Elysee and Dauphine. How about this question-would quality and durability been enough for you to purchase the Dauphine if you didn't need the magnolia color to match your Soft Lockit? Thank you so much- you have no idea how much I value your advice and appreciate your time.

No, I don't find the Elysee to be heavy or cumbersome. It's a great wallet!
Yes, the Elysee is more durable than the Dauphine IMHO.
I'm careful with the Dauphine due to all 3 - cost, color and especially the leather.
No, I would not have purchased the Dauphine if it hadn't been for the Soft Lockit. I don't usually spend that much on a wallet.

Like I said before, I'm a Zippy wallet girl for sure. So in order to spend the extra money on the higher quality wallets, I am doing it due to a handbag purchase.

HTH! :smile:

No, I don't find the Elysee to be heavy or cumbersome. It's a great wallet!
Yes, the Elysee is more durable than the Dauphine IMHO.
I'm careful with the Dauphine due to all 3 - cost, color and especially the leather.
No, I would not have purchased the Dauphine if it hadn't been for the Soft Lockit. I don't usually spend that much on a wallet.

Like I said before, I'm a Zippy wallet girl for sure. So in order to spend the extra money on the higher quality wallets, I am doing it due to a handbag purchase.

HTH! :smile:
Thank you isn't enough to say to you Tulip2!!!! You have saved me a lot of money!!! I would have thought the Dauphine would have been the most durable!!!! Well one down and 2 to go. Curieuse or Elysee? Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for saving me from a costly mistake!!!! By the way I think the Cruieuse is so pretty in the bronze! Will you have to worry about color transfer with it, or do you think it is dark enough? Thank you Tulip2 and I will try to be done with that last question. Thanks!!!! You have been amazing!!!!!

Thanks LG! I do love the color of your Curieuse- it's gorgeous!!!! May I ask how long you have had your wallet and do you use it daily? Thanks again!!!!

Thank you :wave: I purchased my wallet back in early April and it is the only wallet I am using right now. I really enjoy carrying my Curieuse! I will likely get a ZCP soon to use with smaller bags.

Thank you :wave: I purchased my wallet back in early April and it is the only wallet I am using right now. I really enjoy carrying my Curieuse! I will likely get a ZCP soon to use with smaller bags.

It looks so beautiful in your avatar!!!! So happy you are loving it!!! Does it look more pink in person or is it more burgundy? Thanks!!!!

Thank you isn't enough to say to you Tulip2!!!! You have saved me a lot of money!!! I would have thought the Dauphine would have been the most durable!!!! Well one down and 2 to go. Curieuse or Elysee? Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for saving me from a costly mistake!!!! By the way I think the Cruieuse is so pretty in the bronze! Will you have to worry about color transfer with it, or do you think it is dark enough? Thank you Tulip2 and I will try to be done with that last question. Thanks!!!! You have been amazing!!!!!

IMO I will not have to worry about color transfer on this Empreinte leather wallet. So now, you're basically down to a Monogram wallet with leather accents, or an Emp Leather wallet that I do believe will be very durable and stand the test of time.

You're so welcome. I'm always happy to help if I can. :hugs:

IMO I will not have to worry about color transfer on this Empreinte leather wallet. So now, you're basically down to a Monogram wallet with leather accents, or an Emp Leather wallet that I do believe will be very durable and stand the test of time.

You're so welcome. I'm always happy to help if I can. :hugs:

You have helped, tremendously Tulip2! Well my husband will be shocked that I am actually going with the least expensive wallet lol!!!!! I think if I am honest, I so love the pink on the Elysee!!!! Love it!!!! Ok now I will choose a color for my Cruieuse wallet- so excited!!!!

Thank you everyone for all of your time, advice, and help!!!!!