Chanel J12

missyb

O.G.
May 29, 2007
I have a black j12 that I've had since last November I just noticed yesterday that the link that it linked to the face of the watch has a chunk missing out of it. Has this happened to anyone else out there? These watches are supposed to be extremely durable and it's not like I tough on my jewerly.

I have a black j12 that I've had since last November I just noticed yesterday that the link that it linked to the face of the watch has a chunk missing out of it. Has this happened to anyone else out there? These watches are supposed to be extremely durable and it's not like I tough on my jewerly.
It's ceramic right?

Yes-but I've never heard of this issue with a j12 it's why so many people buy them because they are break proof

Ceramic isn't breakproof. It's very scratch resistant, but it can chip or crack- especially if there is an airpocket anywhere.

For the price, I would make sure they do something about it.

Ceramic isn't breakproof. It's very scratch resistant, but it can chip or crack- especially if there is an airpocket anywhere.

For the price, I would make sure they do something about it.

Yes the sa I purchased it from is off til Monday but she is emailing the manager asking what I should do.

Can you please post a pic? thanks

View attachment 2677001it's very hard to see the piece missing but you can see how the braclet now doesn't line up flush to the face

I can kinda see where the problem is! I think another member had the same complaint but took it to Chanel and stated that its normal! I just looked at mines and its flushed to bezel!!! I would complain bcuz if it wasnt like that before it shouldnt be like that now! Keep us updated! Hope it works it.

I can kinda see where the problem is! I think another member had the same complaint but took it to Chanel and stated that its normal! I just looked at mines and its flushed to bezel!!! I would complain bcuz if it wasnt like that before it shouldnt be like that now! Keep us updated! Hope it works it.

The reason it's not flush to the bezel on mine is because the link that attaches to the bezel has a piece missing out of it and the pin is exposed and the piece missing is from the back of the link so there's no way that's normal.

The reason it's not flush to the bezel on mine is because the link that attaches to the bezel has a piece missing out of it and the pin is exposed and the piece missing is from the back of the link so there's no way that's normal.
Is the piece missing at the top of bracelet...the part attached directly to the watch face?
When I had my J12 serviced and a new battery it came back with the middle links not flush. Just a minor adjustment and they went back perfectly. Can you remember banging it on something? That could throw the links off.
Hope this makes sense!

Is the piece missing at the top of bracelet...the part attached directly to the watch face?
When I had my J12 serviced and a new battery it came back with the middle links not flush. Just a minor adjustment and they went back perfectly. Can you remember banging it on something? That could throw the links off.
Hope this makes sense!

It's hard to take a picture but it's not the top of the watch but the inside of the link and the screw is exposed. I don't think it can be from me banging it because it's inside it's almost like the screw and the link were too tight against the bezel and it cracked from the movement if that makes any sense. The watch is only 7 months old so I'm bringing it back to chanel this week. I'm hope they just replace the link and I'm not expected to pay for it this is also the store that sized it for me.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully, Chanel will do the right thing and send it in for repair at no charge. I had a similar experience with mine. I had my J12 for about 4 months when I looked down and the bezel was cracked. I know I would have noticed if I had whacked it against something so I had no idea how it happened. I took it into Chanel to be sent in for a repair and they told my the warranty only covers the watch movement and nothing else, so I would probably have to pay for the repair. But when I picked it up, they waived the repair cost. That seemed like the right thing to do since the watch was still so new. So hopefully, they will do the same for you. Fingers crossed and let us know how it goes.

It's hard to take a picture but it's not the top of the watch but the inside of the link and the screw is exposed. I don't think it can be from me banging it because it's inside it's almost like the screw and the link were too tight against the bezel and it cracked from the movement if that makes any sense. The watch is only 7 months old so I'm bringing it back to chanel this week. I'm hope they just replace the link and I'm not expected to pay for it this is also the store that sized it for me.
I gotcha...take it back, that's not normal. I bet you are right about the screw being too tight. I bet they fix it for free but will send it out...could take awhile.

I gotcha...take it back, that's not normal. I bet you are right about the screw being too tight. I bet they fix it for free but will send it out...could take awhile.

I hope so. So not in the mood to do battle with them. I also have a white j12 and have never had a issue and that's about 6 years old