Kooba's I Can't Purchase???!!!

Rosenpetals

Mar 11, 2007
Lexie, this is all your fault!

You said on your Tatum listing to google "Kooba Tatum" and I tried it and found this website, but too bad I can't make hide nor hair of what language it is, (though the descriptions are in English) how much they are, etc. Looks like Asian fonts, though I have no idea!

They have Tatum, Kim, Alex, Lisette, Black, Orange, Moss & Expresso Smooth Siennas, and your Army Scarlett. There's quite a few mistakes in names & such, but what the heck? Are they copies, or does Kooba sell bags (perhaps that don't sell at sample sales) to other countries?

Here's the link so you can all wonder along with me!!!??? I quit! (and I'm never doing what Lexie says to do again, lol!)

http://nyjean.co.kr/

Scroll down till you see the "Kooba Bag" link and that will take you to their bags.

Hmmm....interesting. I've dealt with sites like this and they do have an amazing selection of goods from all places...Citizens of Humanity, etc., so my first inclination is to say 'yes' I do believe that these folks are legit. It looks like Korean, however. If you do a google search for this particular site, you should have an option to do a "translate this page to English" at the top. If you don't, I can try to find it. The only thing that bugs me is that it's all stock photos. But hey, Neimans uses all stock photos! What's a retailer to do? :supacool: Also, check into their return policy because if it IS a hoax, you have to have the option to make a return. I also found a site where you can see if there have been any complaints about the company. It's not the BBB, it's something else...I have to remember what. Hopefully these thoughts helped.....:yes:

Okay. I translated this particular Kooba page. At first I thought "yay" - but not to be a biotch, my stomach sank because way down at the itty bitty bottom of the page amongst all the badly-translated google-dom, is a Seoul Korea address. Now this MAY not be a problem....or it could be a BIG problem....

Solved it!
The language is korean.
You can translate the entire website into english (some of it is broken english) by clicking this link http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and choose 'korean to english' and then copy and paste the korean website address into the 'Translate from web page' slot. Before you paste, delete the http:// that is already in there or it wont work.
I just tried it and it translated the entire site for me :yes:

YOU KNOW WHAT? FORGETABOUTIT. Anyone that has Balenciagas listed like this is a NO-NO!!!:crybaby: Yuck yuck yuck. After searching around, I saw that they have "members" that "buy and sell"...noooo...run awaaaayyy!!!!

Maybe I'm being a dolt, but I'm thinking though it's a baaaddd idea!!!

Cool, thanks jchiara & Halzer for solving the language mystery!
I also seriously doubt I would order, but it is a mystery how they have some older Kooba's that I wan't aware were ever duplicated. Esp. Lexies army metalic Scarlett!

I'll do a little more exploring once i figure out the translation thing. You girl's are geniuses!

Well I just translated the price from Korean to US.

598,000.00 KRW

=

645.581 USD

South Korea Won United States Dollars 1 KRW = 0.00107957 USD 1 USD = 926.297 KRW
clear.gif

A little pricey (and it's on "sale) esp. for a bag that looks sketchy. It looks like a weird browny gray sludge colour. Ick!

Yeah, it's a bit steep, but is any price too high for a bag that's you have to have? LOL, just teasing.

Seriously, I would love to know if these are genuine, and what exactly does Kooba do with the bags that don't sell in the states? A lot on this site seemed to be at least a couple of years old.

Scary scary place. I can't imagine these are all real. What's that Total Net amount business? These are all stock pics so you could be getting anything if you ordered. That "Mini Sienna" has such an odd color. Mine does not look like that.
Geesh Jade, what Bag is it you have to have? The MA Sienna? I cannot part with my Scarlett because it was my very very FIRST Kooba but I had thought about listing the Sienna because now I have my black one. It is older and very worked in but still in lovely shape.

I just rather you not order a bag from Korea! Goodness knows what you would be getting and then you may be out a sh-tload of money!!