Evelyne strap

Much as i love Hermes, $1000 for a strap is outrageous. My evelyn strap was too long (it was cross body on me at the shortest length), so I took it to my local cobbler who shortened the strap for me for £25, ready for pickup the next day.

Also, to wait 1-2 years for a strap...bordering on abusive. Why don't they have a few trainees (frankly, these jobs really don't take a whole lot of skill) be dedicated to doing tasks like this.

I agree with everything you said ...

Just to clarify. There are different H canvas straps.

The ones they sell in FSH presumably for the Kelly don't have the adjustable length/mechanism that the Evelyne canvas straps do. They are not easily available but yes you can buy them as "one-of's" in Paris.

As of about a year or so ago, the "one length" canvas straps cost 295 Euros in FSH.

I am surprised with the H Madison SA's opinion about the strap not being sold separately because a canvas strap "changes" the Kelly look.

That is most certainly not the case in Paris where I have seen the canvas strap sold separately and with the H SA's actually saying "Yeah it's a pretty cool way to wear the Kelly."

Thanks for the information! I can't justify the evelyn strap price over the kelly strap price..

Different SAs can have different opinions about the straps + Kelly. When I was in the Sevres shop I wore a Kelly with a canvas strap and they actually asked me how I was able to order it as it wasn't "allowed" due to altering the bag. Whereas FSH doesn't blink an eye - all they will probably do is tell you that any strap you order will be slower than a bag you order...and they are correct.

When I purchased my bolide a few years ago, I had already spoken with the SA and SM that I really need to wear my bags cross body for work and for travel. There was absolutely no problem at that time to order a custom strap for me. Our store craftsman measured and even suggested a slightly less wide version of canvas strap with the leather tips to match at the ends. I think this must be at the discretion of the store and relationship with the customer? In any case, I would agree the price is incredibly high. My strap cost a few hundred usd in that is of help. I prefer the slightly narrower width because my Evi strap can feel too wide at times. I may even opt to use my bolide canvas strap on the Evi as it is more comfortable.

$1K is a lot of money for a strap. I think K strap is less because it's just a thin leather piece so may be less labor involved?? Well, if H didn't like a canvas strap with the Kelly then why do they make Kelly amazone?

Check out how to wear the strap shorter with a twilly from the Jypsiere clubhouse: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-jypsiere-28-team-taurillon-clemence-bi-color-867432.html
Posts #476 and #651.

Also, @ichelle used a bag charm to shorten the strap without a twilly. See her thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-jypsiere-28-team-taurillon-clemence-bi-color-867432.html

Thank you Fabfashion! I will definitely look into it. On the otherside, I really like the feel of the strap that I got. Maybe I should get an evelyn bag just to get its strap :P

I was just going to mention this... Evelyne I is around $2300, III is around $3200 if I remember correctly... Might as well get the whole bag!

I ran in a similar dilemma when I was thinking of getting a canvas strap for my K. I ended up not doing it bc it'd cost me 1K and they wouldn't even make it long enough for crossbody... H simply refused to sell me an Evie strap for K :wtf:
So you can either consider yourself lucky for being able to snap up a strap, or consider buying a whole Evie bag as many suggested.

if you can use it i say keep it. i've had so many tweaks on some of my H bags, Jyp 31 included - punched 3 holes on the strap and now it's perfect for me.

i have also shortened my evelyne gm3 strap (DIY bec i don't live where a store is near me and it'll take forever for them to shorten it).

Can you post pics of your jypsiere and the strap? thanks!

Hi Baileylab, sorry it took so long, here is a picture. Since the strap is still a little long, so I used a twilly to tie it and and it gives me a perfect length! Sorry for the blurry picture ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405484151.436339.jpg

When I purchased my bolide a few years ago, I had already spoken with the SA and SM that I really need to wear my bags cross body for work and for travel. There was absolutely no problem at that time to order a custom strap for me. Our store craftsman measured and even suggested a slightly less wide version of canvas strap with the leather tips to match at the ends. I think this must be at the discretion of the store and relationship with the customer? In any case, I would agree the price is incredibly high. My strap cost a few hundred usd in that is of help. I prefer the slightly narrower width because my Evi strap can feel too wide at times. I may even opt to use my bolide canvas strap on the Evi as it is more comfortable.

Wow, lucky you! I'm eyeing in the bolide too, hopefully I can get a custom made strap too :biggrin:

$1K is a lot of money for a strap. I think K strap is less because it's just a thin leather piece so may be less labor involved?? Well, if H didn't like a canvas strap with the Kelly then why do they make Kelly amazone?

Check out how to wear the strap shorter with a twilly from the Jypsiere clubhouse: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-jypsiere-28-team-taurillon-clemence-bi-color-867432.html
Posts #476 and #651.

Also, @ichelle used a bag charm to shorten the strap without a twilly. See her thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-jypsiere-28-team-taurillon-clemence-bi-color-867432.html

Thanks so much Fabfashion for the info! I actually really like the canvas strap because it feels lighter than the leather straps. Also because it is wider and softer, I feel more super comfortable when carrying the bag. So I think I may go and look for an evelyn instead. Now I'll start to worry about the color and size :P it is incredible that I'm falling in love with evelyne because of its strap lol

1k is a bit much for a strap. If you really want it and will use it often then 1k isn't so bad after all.

For the past ten days I have been trying to convince myself to keep it because I really like the texture. Like you said, I can use it a lot - on the jypsiere, kelly and bolide (hopefully soon I will get the K and bolide :biggrin: )Then I did some research on the evelyn bag, and then I find myself liking that evelyn! I never liked it before because of the interior, but now I want one :biggrin:

I ran in a similar dilemma when I was thinking of getting a canvas strap for my K. I ended up not doing it bc it'd cost me 1K and they wouldn't even make it long enough for crossbody... H simply refused to sell me an Evie strap for K :wtf:
So you can either consider yourself lucky for being able to snap up a strap, or consider buying a whole Evie bag as many suggested.

That's what I said to my SA when he brought his strap out! I said I was Soo lucky and he is my H angel lol lol