Scarves for men?? Best pick?

Bostonjetset

Jun 18, 2014
Good evening everyone. I lost power in the house tonight and started thinking about Hermès scarves (what better way to pass the boredom? Haha).

Anyway, what 70 or 90 cm scarf do you all think would be good for a guy? I LOVE the C'est la Fête but that is not an option anymore as we all know (want to buy new if possible). I prefer silk twill classic H. Not the cashmere or cotton "men's" scarves on the website. Not opposed to one from the women's collection if the pattern is something I love. Any ideas? I know h.com does not show nearly the full line so any recommendations for me to ask at the boutique?

Any help is appreciated. I know so many of you on here have great style! Also, any guys that read this and have suggestions from a male point of view it please share!!

Do you have any style you prefer? what kind of pattern?
I think Gaucho its a great option for a guy, and its available now :smile:

I saw a recent post on the 2014 f/w scarves and fell in love with Minuit au Faubourg. I love the whole superhero/manga style behind it. Very unique for H.

Gaucho is lovely but a bit too western for me. I tend to like the more avant garde scarf designs. Of course, that is not exclusive as sometimes I see very classic designs I love as well (i.e. L'arbre de Vie). I guess I am all over the place. Haha.

Just picked up a petrol navy blue shadow Bolduc 90cm for DH. He loves it and expects to wear it under coats in the winter. Might be a bit formal for jeans/casual but that's a personal choice.

Here is a photo, apologies for the quality. I'll try again later. The colour is actually a fairly deep navy.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404482841.462566.jpg

I like Parcours d' H, De la mer au ciel in the blue/black/white colorway and Les cannes scarves for men. My SA always wears a black/white silk scarf with a crisp white shirt and he looks so classy!

I like Parcours d' H, De la mer au ciel in the blue/black/white colorway and Les cannes scarves for men. My SA always wears a black/white silk scarf with a crisp white shirt and he looks so classy!

OMG. Parcours d' H and De la mer au ciel are both great. Those are styles I would definitely wear! Thanks for the suggestions!

I may still wait for the Minuit au Faubourg to come out as it is still the one that speaks to me most so far. Also, I prefer the 70s to the 90s. They are easier for a French knot which looks great with a tee and jeans :smile: Also, they are $100 less expensive which means I can buy more! I know the 90s are popular due to the numerous options in wearability they afford but since I have no use for a mini-skirt or halter-top, the 70 would suit me fine ;)

Just picked up a petrol navy blue shadow Bolduc 90cm for DH. He loves it and expects to wear it under coats in the winter. Might be a bit formal for jeans/casual but that's a personal choice.

Here is a photo, apologies for the quality. I'll try again later. The colour is actually a fairly deep navy.

View attachment 2675686

Thanks for the post! A little too formal for casual wear, I agree. But still a lovely scarf!

Me too! Can't wait for it to come out. I also share your love for C'est la Fête and maintain optimism that I can find one one day.

My optimism is starting to wane but I keep it nonetheless! ;)
I refuse to pay $700 for it on ebay. That is double the price and I would not wear it enough to jusitfy :sad:

Thanks for the post! A little too formal for casual wear, I agree. But still a lovely scarf!

My optimism is starting to wane but I keep it nonetheless! ;)
I refuse to pay $700 for it on ebay. That is double the price and I would not wear it enough to jusitfy :sad:
I knowyou said not 90, but I also think Faceties de Pegase. ( it ties with cool geometric shapes).
For 70, rose de compas is another idea

I knowyou said not 90, but I also think Faceties de Pegase. ( it ties with cool geometric shapes).
For 70, rose de compas is another idea

I do like rose de compas as well. I love to travel so it seems a fitting theme for me and the colors are very cool.

I recomend the "Minuit au Fabourg"... Im still waiting for it, too.
It is fantastic and very very chic for a man, I think...

I have decided I am going to get this one when it comes out. Any idea when it will be released? I can't wait to see all the CWs. So far I have seen it on TPF in white/black/yellow which was gorgeous but I think maybe too easy to get soiled. I saw a picture online of a CW with electric blue, fuchsia, orange and black that is very manga-like and I love it so I may go with that. I am just dying to see the other options as well though. Maybe an even better one? :biggrin:

I like a touch of mystery on a man, the geometrical and modern is getting somewhat old and boring these days. I find Mythiques Phoenix in cw11 deep enough to be worn on a man, and I have to say Le Voyage de Pythéas folds very gorgeously with the simple and more white areas. It's just so worldy, and in a historical perspective, what is more masculine than travel and adventure across the seas? Les Cannes is also a great scarf with a masculine theme, still able to hunt down. A man with a good cane is the epitome of male elegance, it's the perfect twist wearing multiple on a scarf!

if its not too much trouble can you lovely ladies post some more pictures for references?
after seeing this thread, it has just daunted on me that perhaps i can get a little something for dh as well =)