Evelyne strap

Was at the Madison store yesterday and was told that unless I already had an Evelyn bag I could not order a canvas strap (and like mentioned it would take 1-2 years). Was also looking to order a canvas strap for my Kelly. She claimed it was not allowed because it would change the style of the bag....

I was so lucky to score one... Maybe I should just put it on eBay to benefit those ladies who has been waiting for a strap...

Thank you Fabfashion! I will definitely look into it. On the otherside, I really like the feel of the strap that I got. Maybe I should get an evelyn bag just to get its strap :P

You're welcome! I was thinking of getting a jypsiere so I can get a strap too. :P But then I only want an extra strap just in case I want to wear my K crossbody. I figured I should try out the cheaper option first just to see if I even like wearing my bag that way.

This is the thread that a member posted about her Mautto strap: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/non-h-shoulder-strap-success-836923.html

I am having a longer strap made for my toolbox. They are ordering the canvas and using the leather and metal pieces from my bag's short strap.

But I think $1K for a strap is outrageous. A few years ago I paid $350 for a canvas strap for my kelly.

You're welcome! I was thinking of getting a jypsiere so I can get a strap too. :P But then I only want an extra strap just in case I want to wear my K crossbody. I figured I should try out the cheaper option first just to see if I even like wearing my bag that way.

This is the thread that a member posted about her Mautto strap: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/non-h-shoulder-strap-success-836923.html

Wow, that belt matches the bolide so beautifully! My jyp is a 31 so it can get heavy easier. With the canvas strap I can notice the weight difference. So I'm really tempted to keep it ... Or I shall seriously thinking to get an evelyn bag. But I'm not sure if the mini has the same strap with the MM and GM.

I am having a longer strap made for my toolbox. They are ordering the canvas and using the leather and metal pieces from my bag's short strap.

But I think $1K for a strap is outrageous. A few years ago I paid $350 for a canvas strap for my kelly.

Wow, they can actually remodel the strap? That's great! I see on the "hoe to wear a kelly casually" thread a member mentioned she paid $450 for a kelly strap last year :sad: so I don't know why this strap is $940 before tax :sad:

Wow, that belt matches the bolide so beautifully! My jyp is a 31 so it can get heavy easier. With the canvas strap I can notice the weight difference. So I'm really tempted to keep it ... Or I shall seriously thinking to get an evelyn bag. But I'm not sure if the mini has the same strap with the MM and GM.

if you can use it i say keep it. i've had so many tweaks on some of my H bags, Jyp 31 included - punched 3 holes on the strap and now it's perfect for me.

i have also shortened my evelyne gm3 strap (DIY bec i don't live where a store is near me and it'll take forever for them to shorten it).

Can you post pics of your jypsiere and the strap? thanks!

if you can use it i say keep it. i've had so many tweaks on some of my H bags, Jyp 31 included - punched 3 holes on the strap and now it's perfect for me.

i have also shortened my evelyne gm3 strap (DIY bec i don't live where a store is near me and it'll take forever for them to shorten it).

Can you post pics of your jypsiere and the strap? thanks!

Hello Baileylab, nice to see you again :P I will try to take a picture next week because I will be away for the weekend. The shortest of the strap is a little shorter than the shortest length of the jypsiere strap. Not that much though. I really want to wear it as a should bag .

Hello Baileylab, nice to see you again :P I will try to take a picture next week because I will be away for the weekend. The shortest of the strap is a little shorter than the shortest length of the jypsiere strap. Not that much though. I really want to wear it as a should bag .

thank Joanneminnie. I also wear the jyp shoulder instead of crossbody. i'm 5'2 so most of my straps need to be shortened. there is this specific drop that won't strain my shoulders.

happy weekend!

Much as i love Hermes, $1000 for a strap is outrageous. My evelyn strap was too long (it was cross body on me at the shortest length), so I took it to my local cobbler who shortened the strap for me for £25, ready for pickup the next day.

Also, to wait 1-2 years for a strap...bordering on abusive. Why don't they have a few trainees (frankly, these jobs really don't take a whole lot of skill) be dedicated to doing tasks like this.

Just to clarify. There are different H canvas straps.

The ones they sell in FSH presumably for the Kelly don't have the adjustable length/mechanism that the Evelyne canvas straps do. They are not easily available but yes you can buy them as "one-of's" in Paris.

As of about a year or so ago, the "one length" canvas straps cost 295 Euros in FSH.

I am surprised with the H Madison SA's opinion about the strap not being sold separately because a canvas strap "changes" the Kelly look.

That is most certainly not the case in Paris where I have seen the canvas strap sold separately and with the H SA's actually saying "Yeah it's a pretty cool way to wear the Kelly."

this is all very interesting to me.

I have asked several times at Madison (and another boutique) about ordering a long canvas strap for my kelly. Each time I was told they would not accept my order.

Excuses were it would take 2 years, Paris was not accepting the orders, blah, blah, blah.

But I was at Madison with a friend who was able to order a longer strap for her tool box. I believe the only reason they accepted her request was because she already had the ends and only the canvas needed to be ordered.

I am blown away by the fact an evelyne strap could be purchased as a stand alone, not as a replacement.

(on the other hand, I was able to send my constance to Paris to have a cross body leather strap added...that took about 6 months)

that's what I'm planning to do... It is a little long anyway :sad:

Yeah, I think if it were me I would rather spend the $1000 on another H goodie or two :smile: as opposed to a strap for a bag that already has a strap, you know? How do you like the Jypsiere? I'm just curious cause I've been eying them online occasionally for months now(there haven't been any in my boutique.)

I believe if you order a strap while your evie in in for repair/refurbishment your new strap will be returned with your bag much sooner than as a separate order.

A year and a half ago TO H sent my 10 year old Evie 2 to Paris for refurbishment. I also asked for a quote to replace the very fuzzy strap with the newer adjustable Evie 3 version. The quote only took a couple of weeks and the price then for new strap was about $850+Tx . I declined the new strap and was advised that if I chose to order the strap at a later date it would take considerably longer as a separate special order.