Help! Question about Preston Colorblock Grey/Black Multi Handles

CharliLuvsCoach

AccessoryWhore
Sep 2, 2013
Hello and thank you to anyone who can help with my question! :smile: I got the Preston Colorblock Satchel in Grey/Black Multi today from Macy's sale last weekend, so it is a great price, but I'm scared of the handles! The bag description says it is partially vachetta, which would be the handles and long strap, I assume. I worry about what the bag will look like when the handles darken and also about dirt, etc. since I will be using the bag for work, too. For those who have this bag, have the handles darkened at all? Are they vachetta on the grey/black?
Also, as a side note, I don't really see any grey on this bag, lol! I know someone commented on this, in the Preston thread, I think, and was told by the salesgirl that the "grey was for the handles" but if the handles are vachetta, that isn't really a possibility, and they are not really grey either. Ugh.
I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Preston or the N/S Saffianno Tote. I like both for different reasons, but the vachetta handles may be a deal-breaker on the Preston if they are going to darken to a honey color, which I am not sure will look good on the bag with the other colors.
I have read every thread on vachetta that I can find on the forum, so I know the good and bad, but again, its mainly the color change.... Can anyone help with this one that has this bag? :smile:

Hello and thank you to anyone who can help with my question! :smile: I got the Preston Colorblock Satchel in Grey/Black Multi today from Macy's sale last weekend, so it is a great price, but I'm scared of the handles! The bag description says it is partially vachetta, which would be the handles and long strap, I assume. I worry about what the bag will look like when the handles darken and also about dirt, etc. since I will be using the bag for work, too. For those who have this bag, have the handles darkened at all? Are they vachetta on the grey/black?
Also, as a side note, I don't really see any grey on this bag, lol! I know someone commented on this, in the Preston thread, I think, and was told by the salesgirl that the "grey was for the handles" but if the handles are vachetta, that isn't really a possibility, and they are not really grey either. Ugh.
I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Preston or the N/S Saffianno Tote. I like both for different reasons, but the vachetta handles may be a deal-breaker on the Preston if they are going to darken to a honey color, which I am not sure will look good on the bag with the other colors.
I have read every thread on vachetta that I can find on the forum, so I know the good and bad, but again, its mainly the color change.... Can anyone help with this one that has this bag? :smile:

Not with this bag specifically, but the siggy Preston has the same vachetta trim also. Looks like its very well done and some of the ones I have seen in store have started to patina already. From what I could see the patina was even and turned a nice honey color.

Not with this bag specifically, but the siggy Preston has the same vachetta trim also. Looks like its very well done and some of the ones I have seen in store have started to patina already. From what I could see the patina was even and turned a nice honey color.

Thank you! I'm just not sure the honey color that vachetta turns is going to work for me on this bag. :sad: Ah well, I love the tote, too, and it will look just as it does forever, so it looks like I may be going with that one.

Thank you! I'm just not sure the honey color that vachetta turns is going to work for me on this bag. :sad: Ah well, I love the tote, too, and it will look just as it does forever, so it looks like I may be going with that one.

Ita, the patina would not be complentary with the rest of the colors on that bag, though it looks great on the siggy version. I just hate the logo is printed and not woven into the jacquard as is has been in the past. I was all set to get one until I saw that.

Ita, the patina would not be complentary with the rest of the colors on that bag, though it looks great on the siggy version. I just hate the logo is printed and not woven into the jacquard as is has been in the past. I was all set to get one until I saw that.

I know what you mean--I hate it when there is that one thing that they cheaped out on that makes all the difference!

I think that I've determined that the handles are NOT vachetta, however, so it is still in the running. Decisions, decisions..... Thank you! :smile:

I know what you mean--I hate it when there is that one thing that they cheaped out on that makes all the difference!

I think that I've determined that the handles are NOT vachetta, however, so it is still in the running. Decisions, decisions..... Thank you! :smile:

Lol - I saw it in person yesterday and realized that too. :smile:

Lol - I saw it in person yesterday and realized that too. :smile:

That's when I realized--when it finally came and my mom brought her MK bag that has vachetta handles over to compare! Lol! Funny part is, I called Coach and asked them about it before it got here, and they said yes, the handles are vachetta and will darken. Gotta love the customer service reps who only know what they read....sigh. So here I pretty sure it was was like no vachetta I had ever seen, but Coach said it was vachetta and totally confused! Hehe! :biggrin: