How do you bear it?!

HWall

Jan 26, 2014
Ladies and Gents...

I am practically pulling my hair out in anticipation!!
:pout::pout::yucky::pout::pout:

I ordered a very vintage cosmetic Trousse Toilette preloved, and when I received it, took it straight into the store to get the zipper pull and slider replaced. It was free, which I am very thankful for, but they said because of the age, the part would have to come from France! So a 2-3 week wait was quoted, and I'm only a week in! You know how when you get a new piece, you're on cloud nine for a few days/weeks and can't even think of another piece? :cloud9: I feel like I missed that time because I took it straight in for repairs. So not only am I worried about my bag being at the "doctor", but I'm trying to fill the void by looking at another piece on my wishlist! I almost bought one last night in a moment of weakness!

So, y'all - what do you do when you're waiting??
On a LV.com website purchase, or a mon mono order, or a repair, or a shipment from Japan?

I'm seriously considering sitting on the floor of my bedroom and laying out all my other LV items and just staring at them to force myself to be content while waiting for the piece to come back!

I'm seriously considering sitting on the floor of my bedroom and laying out all my other LV items and just staring at them to force myself to be content while waiting for the piece to come back!

I think this is what I should do! I bought a mono zippy from 2010 in great condition, had it a couple of weeks and when taking my 13 yo mono cles in for a chain re attachment, I asked if my zippy could do with reglazing. My SA said yes and that she would get it done for free, I figured it was a good idea but the lead time is 8 weeks!!
I'm two weeks in now and really missing it. My cles is ready but I think maybe I should wait till the zippy is back incase I get tempted in store! :graucho:

Laying out all my LV treasures is really a great idea to strive for contentment. I have crazy issues with buying a bag and before it actually arrives, buying another. Currently, waiting for my speedy azur 30 to arrive. Taking too long so decided to pay off for my Metis pochette on layaway from FP lol

Ladies and Gents...

I am practically pulling my hair out in anticipation!!
:pout::pout::yucky::pout::pout:

I ordered a very vintage cosmetic Trousse Toilette preloved, and when I received it, took it straight into the store to get the zipper pull and slider replaced. It was free, which I am very thankful for, but they said because of the age, the part would have to come from France! So a 2-3 week wait was quoted, and I'm only a week in! You know how when you get a new piece, you're on cloud nine for a few days/weeks and can't even think of another piece? :cloud9: I feel like I missed that time because I took it straight in for repairs. So not only am I worried about my bag being at the "doctor", but I'm trying to fill the void by looking at another piece on my wishlist! I almost bought one last night in a moment of weakness!

So, y'all - what do you do when you're waiting??
On a LV.com website purchase, or a mon mono order, or a repair, or a shipment from Japan?

This is exactly what I did!

Hehe, I think we've all been there. I wish I had a good answer for you...

Waiting on our precious LV's is tough, hang in there, just think about how happy and beautiful it will be when it get's back all nice and shiny and new! :couch:

I also go on YT or I end up trolling the sites for little pre-loved items! I'm addicted to slg's and I love vintage too. There are so many vintage goodies out there!!

Lately though I've been cataloging my LV's and going through my closet and breaking out any items and bags I haven't carried in a while. That prevents me from buying more bags when I realize there are some that haven't seen the light of day in a while!

I obsessively track the package once it's been shipped and jump at the window every time I hear a truck, lol! But for the most part, for being a very impatient person, I actually handle it pretty well!