HELP--Decision on Celine Classic Box Color

kyuis2004

O.G.
Jan 18, 2010
Hi all Celine lovers
I went to Celine boutique yesterday and try to look for the perfect box bag for myself. Before I entered the store, I kinda have my mind set on either black or red. However, this new 2014 fall PINK color was displayed on the shelf and caught my eyes. This is a very pretty pink that I just cannot take my eyes off it. However, I don't know if it a go as I have concerns below

1. Is this pink hard to take care? The leather is delicate and get scratch easily. The SA told me that is the effect celine wants as the bag aged, the more beautiful the bag is. However, I can see neutral color bag aged nicely, not so sure about the pink.
2. Will it be hard to go with dark color outfit ? This is a very famine pink, and I own mostly dark clothes. Will it go well with my wardrobe?

I tried on black, it looks too "formal" on me. As of red, it looks too "edgy". I also tried on burgundy which looks good but I want something different. The pink looks great on me but I am not sure if I want to spend almost $4000 on pink color as it is not a classic (safe) color to go with.

What you girls think ?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404090178.465729.jpg

Hi all Celine lovers
I went to Celine boutique yesterday and try to look for the perfect box bag for myself. Before I entered the store, I kinda have my mind set on either black or red. However, this new 2014 fall PINK color was displayed on the shelf and caught my eyes. This is a very pretty pink that I just cannot take my eyes off it. However, I don't know if it a go as I have concerns below

1. Is this pink hard to take care? The leather is delicate and get scratch easily. The SA told me that is the effect celine wants as the bag aged, the more beautiful the bag is. However, I can see neutral color bag aged nicely, not so sure about the pink.
2. Will it be hard to go with dark color outfit ? This is a very famine pink, and I own mostly dark clothes. Will it go well with my wardrobe?

I tried on black, it looks too "formal" on me. As of red, it looks too "edgy". I also tried on burgundy which looks good but I want something different. The pink looks great on me but I am not sure if I want to spend almost $4000 on pink color as it is not a classic (safe) color to go with.

What you girls think ?

View attachment 2670396
I love this pink box bag so much since the first time it's been posted here. However many comments said it is so easy to get scratch. So I guess this box bag is not for me.

But compare to other colors of the box bag. This is one of the most beautiful color I've ever seen. So go for it!!!

It's a beautiful colour! I've been umming and aching about a box colour for ages. I think go for it if you love it. It's good to have some colour if you wear a lot of neutrals.

I love this bag. I do not love the scratching that takes place. I would pass.

Maybe it's my Hermes affinity, but Hermes makes a similar bag that can be refurbished. I would prefer a used Hermes bag that can be refurbished, and buy one of the other very cool celine bags (of which there are many).

Thanks all for your input. Does celine make this type of pink box all the time or this is the first time it comes with it?

g7hobEB.jpg

Not the first. There was Hibiscus from Spring 2012.​

Wow this is very close to this year fall collection. Is this yours? How does it hold up ?

Nope, this is not mine. I got it from the reference library.

The beauty of the box bags is the owner's interaction and loving use of the bag till it achieves a nice worn-in patina. It is not a bag that is supposed to be nick-free and perfectly pristine every day of its existence.

Hope you'll have an easy time deciding. If not, I would recommend you get the bag in a skin that is way sturdier than the palmelato like perhaps, an exotic – the shagreen/stingray or the lizard would be a good no-scratch alternative.

i was in the same boat as you..i thought about navy..as it's a safe color, then thought about the red as it could add a pop of color but still remain a classic. but deep down inside the pink really makes my heart flutter. so i bite the bullet and got the pink! now just waiting for it to come in the mail.