My First Kate Spade item!

myfitbeauty

Sep 20, 2012
Hello all! :smile:

I am usually a Michael Kors/Coach kinda gal.. but I've found a new love for Kate Spade items!

my first one is the Kate Spade Wellesley Zip Around Planner in black! I absolutely love it!

Now i'm needing something to match it! :smile:

What kind of purse would go well with it?

My Current everyday purse right now is a black Michael Kors Bedford Medium Tassle Convertible Shoulder bag in Black (love the hidden zippered pocket!)

My other styles that I'm into are the Jet Set Travel tote (I have the medium in monogram brown) as well as the large Grayson satchel..

I'm not too familiar with Kate Spade's purses and styles, so any recommendations for an every day purse that would fit my Wellesley would be greatly appreciated!

and also if anyone would by any chance happen to know anyone or where I can find the Kate Spade Brightsport Large Debra Planner in Peony Pink.. or the Kate Spade Wellesley Zip around planner in Pink.. i'd greatly appreciate that too! :biggrin:

The Wellesley line is only at the outlets (although occasionally the website will sell a few Wellesley items during the surprise sales) so check at the outlet nearest you or eBay for that particular item. I love the Wellesley line because the leather is so durable and doesn't need to be pampered. It's great for wallets since you know you won't end up with unsightly scratches in the leather.

What kind of bag are you looking for? Large, medium, small? Shoulder bag, arm carry, crossbody?

The Wellesley line is only at the outlets (although occasionally the website will sell a few Wellesley items during the surprise sales) so check at the outlet nearest you or eBay for that particular item. I love the Wellesley line because the leather is so durable and doesn't need to be pampered. It's great for wallets since you know you won't end up with unsightly scratches in the leather.

What kind of bag are you looking for? Large, medium, small? Shoulder bag, arm carry, crossbody?

Yea, I checked the outlet near me, but all out of planners :sad: and eBay is selling them for double or triple what they are worth :sad:

But I'm not really sure what kind of bag i'm into.. I do like the ease of a cross body, but I don't mind wearing it on my shoulder or arm (if it's not too heavy)..

So I'm thinking a Medium would suffice.. (be big enough to carry my Wellesley planner and Wallet and my phone is pretty much All I need )

I looked for zip around planners when I was at the outlet today and didn't see any either. Bummer! But stuff at the outlets tend to be cyclical so maybe they will have more in a month or so. Yes, hope springs eternal!

I forgot to ask if you are looking for a more structured bag or a slouchy bag. The Wellesley line has lots of really nice structured bags, which I like because I think it's easier to keep things organized and find things in my bag. I absolutely LOVE the Wellesley Elena for that reason. It has two shoulder straps that are long enough to put on your shoulder.

If you like smushy bags, the Cobble Hill Little Minka is a great crossbody bag. It also has a top strap that you can use to shoulder carry or arm carry.

If all you need to carry are your phone, wallet, and planner then both of these might be bigger than you really need. The Cobble Hill Carson is similar to the Little Minka (and it's the same soft smushy leather) but it only has a crossbody strap (no top handle) so it's lighter. The depth is narrower too so it lies flatter against your body. I can throw my wallet, phone, keys, and camera into it and they are all nice and organized and they aren't quite as jumbled around inside the Carson as they are in the Little Minka.

The only other kate spade crossbody bag I have is the Tenley (which is made for more than one line) but it might be a tight fit with your planner due to the thickness.