Thoughts on the Babylone?

luv_2_travel

May 31, 2012
I'm in the market for a shoulder bag that's ideal for traveling and can fit a laptop...I was going through threads in the forum and came across the Babylone...I looked at pictures and it looks HUGE on the shoulder (as far as the drop). I'm 5'2", and don't want it to look huge on me....Thoughts? I was lusting after the Mezzo but i'm scared of the vachetta, I had a Piano for a while and hated how the bottom got SO dirty! :faint::search:

TIA!

I'm in the market for a shoulder bag that's ideal for traveling and can fit a laptop...I was going through threads in the forum and came across the Babylone...I looked at pictures and it looks HUGE on the shoulder (as far as the drop). I'm 5'2", and don't want it to look huge on me....Thoughts? I was lusting after the Mezzo but i'm scared of the vachetta, I had a Piano for a while and hated how the bottom got SO dirty! :faint::search:

TIA!

I say brea or lockit or Lumineuse if you prefer leather; Belmont or Totally if you prefer canvas

I have a Babylone and use it for my laptop. I'll never sell. It's an absolutely wonderful bag. Mine is the older one that is cowhide lined. It's absolutely gorgeous. They don't make any LV bags this quality anymore.

TIA!

Definitely go for it; it's a fantastic bag. I have two. Like Charleston-mom, I have the original leather lined monogram Babylone and a Special Order Damier Ebene (that has the red alcantara lining). The leather lining has held up so much better than the alcantara. I love how it's not a bag you see every day.

Definitely go for it; it's a fantastic bag. I have two. Like Charleston-mom, I have the original leather lined monogram Babylone and a Special Order Damier Ebene (that has the red alcantara lining). The leather lining has held up so much better than the alcantara. I love how it's not a bag you see every day.
I am currently considering the new leather Babylone with the python handle. It sure looks gorgeous but I can't seem to find much info on this bag.

My Babylon is from 2003. I have used it A LOT! It's very strong. While it's E-W and N-S on the larger side, it's narrow and conducive to petite wearers (I'm about 5'2" and have never felt it was too big, though I feel that way about other bags). I take very good care of my bags. Due to Babylon's size I've used it like a tote and anytime I had lots of papers, files, or carried a book it was perfect. I never overstuffed it to distort its true shape. I carried it on trains and all those places where a larger bag will get bopped around a bit but it still looks absolutely gorgeous after all these years. I won't give it up. Little did I realize what a work horse it'd turn out to be.

I am currently considering the new leather Babylone with the python handle. It sure looks gorgeous but I can't seem to find much info on this bag.

The new babylone mm is gorgeous and I am pretty anti-hobo bag! I think this thread relates to the old discontinued babylone but I'm dying to see your reveal! I am surprised we have not seem some reveals from the exotics lovers here. Are you thinking milk or black?

The new babylone mm is gorgeous and I am pretty anti-hobo bag! I think this thread relates to the old discontinued babylone but I'm dying to see your reveal! I am surprised we have not seem some reveals from the exotics lovers here. Are you thinking milk or black?

I'm considering the black one. So gorgeous with the python handle. I'm surprised it's not more popular. I can't find much info or pictures anywhere.

I'm considering the black one. So gorgeous with the python handle. I'm surprised it's not more popular. I can't find much info or pictures anywhere.
I just checked the website to look at the Milk Babylone again and they only show it in Black now. I guess that's one decision made already for me. Now I need to choose between the Babylone MM or the new Soft Lockit with the Python handles coming out later. Love the color contrast against the black leather. Decisions, decisions - HA!