Samba!!!

Rstar

O.G.
Feb 17, 2011
I just saw the new collection on Dooney.com and my heart just melted. Type samba in the search box if you don't see it. I am going to order the crossbody item #RT213 and samba satchel #RT004.

I'm so ready for new collections. I also have a Dooney store near me (dallas) and they said they have discontinued dillen and alto collection.

I just saw the new collection on Dooney.com and my heart just melted. Type samba in the search box if you don't see it. I am going to order the crossbody item #RT213 and samba satchel #RT004.

I'm so ready for new collections. I also have a Dooney store near me (dallas) and they said they have discontinued dillen and alto collection.

Those are cute. We will need to see them and hear a review when you receive them.

Oh no, did they mean the whole Dillen collection will be discontinued, or just the satchel? I heard somewhere else it's just the satchel. Dillen is pretty popular.

I

I lovvvvvvve dillen

I wanted to give you all a quick update. I visited the Dallas dooney store today and they had some pieces in Samba collection. The Samba leather itself is very thick like Portfofino or dillen II or thicker version of all weather leather making the bags heavy feeling even with the stuffing.

The crossbody I wanted item #RT213 has no outside pocket which is a complete let down for me. I was highly dissapointed. I wanted this bag so bad, but the no outside pocket is a dealbreaker. The bag itself was not heavy with the logo lock. The Saddle Honey color is nothing special. I think this bag looks stunning in black, and bright red.

samba satchel #RT004 is a good size and the front pocket is smaller on top and bigger at bottom - like a funnel or a triangle (teardrop). I have petite hands, and my watch and fingers were too big to put my whole hand in the front pocket. If you have larger hands or wear bracelets or jewelry you will find it cumbersome and the pocket has no give, its pretty stiff. If you have a larger phone, it may fit without the a phone case. The inside of the bag is very roomy. They had the grey color and its really a medium grey cement color, a little on the dull side. The honey saddle color was uneventful. The black version was beautiful. The logo locket makes the bag heavier.

The drawstring bag is the best looking bag in the Samba collection but again with caution on the heavy side. The Denim color is stunning dark teal color, I thought it was the best color ever. The pocket is larger than expected and the interior was roomy like all drawstrings, the string pull was nice, not as stiff as other collections. the logo lock didnt seem all that heavy similar to the crossbody.

The large belted shopper is another cute bag, this came in the honey color, but the most heavy out of all of these bags, I put it down the moment i picked it up. The zipper closing is similar to charleston with the two leather pieces connecting to zip the belted shopper to close. The logo locket makes the bag even heavier.

I wished I took pictures, but my cell was dead. Bummer.

Are these bags worth it? Some of these colors were so uneventful nothing special to me, I was not wow'ed I guess I was so excited I was expecting more. Maybe in the right colors these bags are worth the investment. I may sallow my pride and get the crossbody in denim, I'm still undecided due to the outside pocket.

I wanted to give you all a quick update. I visited the Dallas dooney store today and they had some pieces in Samba collection. The Samba leather itself is very thick like Portfofino or dillen II or thicker version of all weather leather making the bags heavy feeling even with the stuffing.

The crossbody I wanted item #RT213 has no outside pocket which is a complete let down for me. I was highly dissapointed. I wanted this bag so bad, but the no outside pocket is a dealbreaker. The bag itself was not heavy with the logo lock. The Saddle Honey color is nothing special. I think this bag looks stunning in black, and bright red.

samba satchel #RT004 is a good size and the front pocket is smaller on top and bigger at bottom - like a funnel or a triangle (teardrop). I have petite hands, and my watch and fingers were too big to put my whole hand in the front pocket. If you have larger hands or wear bracelets or jewelry you will find it cumbersome and the pocket has no give, its pretty stiff. If you have a larger phone, it may fit without the a phone case. The inside of the bag is very roomy. They had the grey color and its really a medium grey cement color, a little on the dull side. The honey saddle color was uneventful. The black version was beautiful. The logo locket makes the bag heavier.

The drawstring bag is the best looking bag in the Samba collection but again with caution on the heavy side. The Denim color is stunning dark teal color, I thought it was the best color ever. The pocket is larger than expected and the interior was roomy like all drawstrings, the string pull was nice, not as stiff as other collections. the logo lock didnt seem all that heavy similar to the crossbody.

The large belted shopper is another cute bag, this came in the honey color, but the most heavy out of all of these bags, I put it down the moment i picked it up. The zipper closing is similar to charleston with the two leather pieces connecting to zip the belted shopper to close. The logo locket makes the bag even heavier.

Are these bags worth it? Some of these colors were so uneventful nothing special to me, I was not wow'ed I guess I was so excited I was expecting more. Maybe in the right colors these bags are worth the investment. I may sallow my pride and get the crossbody in denim, I'm still undecided due to the outside pocket.

Wow! Thanks for the info! I guess I need to make sure I see them in person before ordering. Thank you so much!

Nice update on the Samba! I'm visiting a couple outlets this weekend so I'll get a chance to check them out too Thanks again for all the info. Gives me a better feel about them before even seeing them. 😃

Wow, what an awesome and thorough review! It's really nice of you to give us the inside scoop. I am anxious to see these IRL. I like how the drawstring bag looks online, so that might be the one I'd go for. Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the thorough review!!! I was wondering when I saw the different color swatches what some of them might end up looking like, especially Denim, Fir, Cherry and Brick. I really like the Square Satchel, depending on what the colors end up looking like IRL i might cave :smile:

I wanted to offer some clarity. I live near the Dooney Retail store in Dallas TX galleria. Its not an outlet store. (The nearest Dooney outlet to me is Austin).