H Canada website - taxes?

QuelleFromage

Not my circus, not my monkeys
O.G.
Jan 15, 2011
So..I "owe" a friend in Canada an Evelyne. Long story short she had a new PM in Rouge Casaque and she hated the colour; she was dying for Soufre and could not get it. She sold the bag to another friend of mine and we told her we'd find her a Soufre bag as a swap as usually we are good at finding such things p: . Now there's a Soufre Evie on the Canadian website - easy!! I know I can buy with a US/UAE CC as long as I ship to Canada - have done this before for gifts to friends abroad.
Canadian tPFers...if I order this bag online and have it sent to her in Toronto what kind of taxes will I incur on top of retail? TIA!!!

QF, tax in Toronto is 13% on top of retail. However, our money is weaker than the US$ so there's slight savings in the price of the bag when compared to US pricing. For example, if a bag is C$1000 today, it's equivalent to US$932. HTH!

So..I "owe" a friend in Canada an Evelyne. Long story short she had a new PM in Rouge Casaque and she hated the colour; she was dying for Soufre and could not get it. She sold the bag to another friend of mine and we told her we'd find her a Soufre bag as a swap as usually we are good at finding such things p: . Now there's a Soufre Evie on the Canadian website - easy!! I know I can buy with a US/UAE CC as long as I ship to Canada - have done this before for gifts to friends abroad.
Canadian tPFers...if I order this bag online and have it sent to her in Toronto what kind of taxes will I incur on top of retail? TIA!!!
Tax rate will be charged to the province where the item is shipped to, so 13% for Toronto. If you ship it to Alberta, it's only 5%