Hermes blue sapphire vs colvert

Judging from the swatches, Blue Saphir is a true blue, similar to a dark blue sapphire. Colvert is a mallard blue-green, much more muted and much less blue. Just in my opinion of course. :smile:

Judging from the swatches, Blue Saphir is a true blue, similar to a dark blue sapphire. Colvert is a mallard blue-green, much more muted and much less blue. Just in my opinion of course. :smile:

Thank you Pierina. I'm expecting my size 22 So Kelly in colvert (exterior)/turquoise (interior) to arrive next week. I bought it without seeing it in person and I've seen so many different pictures and descriptions online (which are all different), it is making me nervous!

There was a blue sapphire (again all pictures online look different, some look very dark blue which is not to my liking and some look like a nice true blue which I think is nice) and I'm wondering if I should have chosen that :confused1:

i think your combo is much more beautiful than anything with saphire, but i am biased - i have exactly the same colours in double sense. colvert is my favourite colour this season. pls post it here!

I've seen the Double Sens in Turquoise and Colvert and it's lovely! Congratulations, Juss.

ManboMadness - The two colors go very well together and I think that you'll be delighted with your new Kelly. After all, the designers at H have every single color to chose from so if they picked those two you can be assured that it will be stunning. You'll have the softer color on the outside and then a fun pop of brighter color when you open it up. To be honest Bleu Saphir is pretty dark in person but I love the Turquoise. So I'm baised too. :smile:

Last edited:
I've seen the Double Sens in Turquoise and Colvert and it's lovely! Congratulations, Juss.

ManboMadness - The two colors go very well together and I think that you'll be delighted with your new Kelly. After all, the designers at H have every single color to chose from so if they picked those two you can be assured that it will be stunning. You'll have the softer color on the outside and then a fun pop of brighter color when you open it up. To be honest Bleu Saphir is pretty dark in person but I love the Turquoise. So I'm baised too. :smile:

Thank you Pierina I think you are right that we should trust the designers at H! :smile:

I can only speak of Bleu Sapphire, I am not much pleased by it. Its just a dark blue. Hermes can do so much deeper blue with all kinds of hidden shades but BS has no under lying shade as far as I see. Its just plain flat dark blue.

I can only speak of Bleu Sapphire, I am not much pleased by it. Its just a dark blue. Hermes can do so much deeper blue with all kinds of hidden shades but BS has no under lying shade as far as I see. Its just plain flat dark blue.

That's exactly it, honhon - this one is just a very simple color.

Thank you, Pierina, comong from the 'blue' expert like you i am pleased! ;)

Thank you honhon. I was at a H store today and the SA I spoke to said the same thing - that blue sapphire is a dark blue. And that colvert although is a green-blue, it is more blue than green. That sets my mind because I was planning to get a blue So Kelly, not a green one.

Thank you to all the lovely ladies for your replies.

Have a good weekend! I will post pic when my new bag arrives next week :smile: