Why did you choose Chloe over other brands?

Rainpo

Jul 14, 2013
I just bought my first Chloe, which is also my first bag with a price tag near 2k. I have several Marc Jacobs I got when they were on a big sale. The other bags I have like the Pradas are small bags which are under $1000.

I got my Marcie coz I really like the style, the leather is of Good quality hopefully too.

But at this price level, there are many brands available. I am searching for my 2nd bag. Want a paraty for now. Should it be Chloe again? Just wondering why Did you choose your Chloe?

I like Chloe for its chic unique design and versatility. Paraty and Marcie are iconic (I know Paddington is the most iconic but I just don't like the style).

Chloe has good sales though. I got all my Chloe bags in the last three months: My small Alice and small Paraty were both <$1,000 and Mini Round Marcie was < $500. There are a few online retailers that offer sales on Chloe such as ******, NAP, matchesfashion, Barneys, etc. You just have to check diligently and grab the bag while you can. :biggrin:

I just bought my first Chloe, which is also my first bag with a price tag near 2k. I have several Marc Jacobs I got when they were on a big sale. The other bags I have like the Pradas are small bags which are under $1000.

I got my Marcie coz I really like the style, the leather is of Good quality hopefully too.

But at this price level, there are many brands available. I am searching for my 2nd bag. Want a paraty for now. Should it be Chloe again? Just wondering why Did you choose your Chloe?

I chose my Chloe bag for the quality of the leather. Mine is almost 2 years old and is aging so beautifully. I still get compliments on it and it really looks like a $2K bag. I don't think you can go wrong with Chloe.

I agree with the other responses. I am mostly in love with the leather Chloe uses though, its such high quality. I'm not keen on branding or logos, so chloe fits well with that also.

I've always been an LV & Gucci girl, but over the last year I've been eyeing the Chloe Marcie bag. I've been more and more attracted to it, yet I kept buying my annual LV & Gucci bags. This last month I've been to Nordstrom's probably 10 times & each time I had to go pick up the Marcie, try it on, stand in the mirror with it on my shoulder & in the crook of my arm. Then it occurs to me that over the years my taste has become more and more conservative, more and more mature, more and more classic. I've gone from the exclusive loud bags, to the iconic LV/Gucci logo bags, to again LV/Gucci no logo bags, to now the Marcie. It's classy and understated and timeless. The leather is like butter & the quality is top notch. Like the previous posts said, you can't go wrong with a Chloe bag. Even though I'm only on my first, it definitely will not be my last. I still love all of my LV's & Gucci bags, they stay in rotation, but now I have a new love. I don't know what took me so long to get one, but I'm soooooo glad I did.

To be honest, I knew little about Chloe when I got my 2 Chloe bags - a Black Paraty and Whiskey Marcie in 2010. But since then, I have been through bags of other brands and Nothing beats the quality of the leather that Chloe uses.

My Black Paraty still holds its shape wonderfully well and the leather on my Whiskey Marcie has aged just a tad - it has become a bit darker but still vibrant. Best thing is, I have done little other than apply bag moisturiser (once a year?) and I never bothered with being careful about colour transfer from clothes for both. And they still look so lovely!

That's been my Chloe experience, so far. So, I am a fan, for sure! :smile:

This may sound nuts but the Chloes I buy and keep have amazing leather with a fantastic leather scent. lol

I've only ever had 2 with a really funny leather smell and I got rid of those. My current love is the Alison and she looks and smells amazing!

Last edited:
Love the leather of my tan Marcie more than any other bag I own. It is just so thick, high quality, soft, just perfect!!! I have used this bag the most for the past 2 years & it is in perfect condition. No stains, no wear. Just soft & even still smells like leather. I love my Marcie satchels equestrian look & I really know I will use this bag forever!

I love my paraty - purchased in 2011 & still lovin it! The leather is good - not as nice as my Marcie, but I know there are paratys now that have the leather like my Marcie - I should have waited until 2012, but who knew. Even with that I just love the look of the bag, the caramel color, thick leather, so unique! You do not see these style bags - only the same old ones (won't mention brands to offend anyone). I love having a bag not everyone else has.