Would it be rude if I......

jmsk112486

Apr 29, 2013
So I found these lovely Christian Louboutin Iriza in salmon pink on ebay. I made a bid for them but lost to someone by $5. Then to my surprise I saw them relisted. At the same starting price point for auction but now with a BIN price much higher. Would it be rude of me to contact her and ask if she's willing to accept the highest bid she received in her previous auction? Or should I be wary of her relisting the shoes this time with a high BIN price? Please help! I don't want to seem rude but at the same the shoes are calling my name!

So I found these lovely Christian Louboutin Iriza in salmon pink on ebay. I made a bid for them but lost to someone by $5. Then to my surprise I saw them relisted. At the same starting price point for auction but now with a BIN price much higher. Would it be rude of me to contact her and ask if she's willing to accept the highest bid she received in her previous auction? Or should I be wary of her relisting the shoes this time with a high BIN price? Please help! I don't want to seem rude but at the same the shoes are calling my name!
So long you ask nicely, I do not think it is rude at all. What do you have to lose. I get buyers always asking me and I use it as a negotiating opportunity. The ones that do offend me are the ones TELLING ME that I should lower my BIN. The shoes are mine till they are sold to someone and it is my prerogative to determine the price I want to sell. Good luck!

you should just ask because you only lost by 5 dollars. It doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!

Oh, the challenges of buying on Ebay. I am going to play devil's advocate. Yes, it could be perceived by the seller that you are rude in mentioning that you noticed a higher price on the relist. Everyone is looking for a deal on Ebay, but often forget the outrageous fees that Ebay charges coupled with the modest fees imposed by Paypal that the seller is reasonable for.

Go ahead and ask the seller, since you really want the shoes, but be prepared for silence from the seller. At any rate, good luck and I wish you success in this endeavor.

So long you ask nicely, I do not think it is rude at all. What do you have to lose. I get buyers always asking me and I use it as a negotiating opportunity. The ones that do offend me are the ones TELLING ME that I should lower my BIN. The shoes are mine till they are sold to someone and it is my prerogative to determine the price I want to sell. Good luck!

Amen, to this.