Thoughts on the New Signature Linings: Yay or Nay

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
I know they are not "new" per se as years ago they did these. But now it appears these are coming back. What are your thoughts? Do you love them/hate them, don't care either way? Do you think they will hurt Coach sales even more or give sales a boost?

Personally, I really dislike them. Not bashing anyone who does like them but to me they remind me of counterfeit bags. I like the solid color linings and it is always a surprise to see what color lining is in which new bag. Will we get a nice purple or hot pink or the dreaded tan or lavender? The linings, which I never gave a fig about before joining TPF are now like unwrapping a Christmas gift. So much for that now.

I am also wondering if this will impact sales. A lot of people when they say they do not like Coach inevitably throw in that they don't like the big Cs. I know they mean on the outside. But I imagine folks who are drawn to the leather bags specifically because of the lack of Cs will be disappointed in these signature linings

Thoughts?

Lining is not a dealbreaker for me unless it's torn or dirty or poorly designed/organized.

I can LOVE a lining (suede in bottega veneta, alcantara in LV), but if I love the bag and am ambivalent about the lining I'll still buy it.

I know they are not "new" per se as years ago they did these. But now it appears these are coming back. What are your thoughts? Do you love them/hate them, don't care either way? Do you think they will hurt Coach sales even more or give sales a boost?

Personally, I really dislike them. Not bashing anyone who does like them but to me they remind me of counterfeit bags. I like the solid color linings and it is always a surprise to see what color lining is in which new bag. Will we get a nice purple or hot pink or the dreaded tan or lavender? The linings, which I never gave a fig about before joining TPF are now like unwrapping a Christmas gift. So much for that now.

I am also wondering if this will impact sales. A lot of people when they say they do not like Coach inevitably throw in that they don't like the big Cs. I know they mean on the outside. But I imagine folks who are drawn to the leather bags specifically because of the lack of Cs will be disappointed in these signature linings

Thoughts?

I really dislike the new signature lining, at least in the online pics. I haven't seen it IRL. It's a deal breaker for me if it's as bad as the pics. Looks like what the counterfeiters use.

I have passed up bags before because of the lining. Example: one of the Phoebe's .. I think it was cranberry had an ugly olive green lining. Maybe it was just the one I saw, because, I think that was early on, but at least the particular one I saw was hideous. I think they changed it later to pink.

I will likely not buy a bag if it has siggy lining. I prefer a smooth satiny lining I just wish Coach would expand their satin lining collection a bit more. I wish they would do dark bags with a lighter lining and visa versa.

Really, really, really don't like 'em. As you shared, melissatrv, they remind me of counterfeit bags. And the low end, wanna be designers you find at TJ MAXX. Ugh. Ugh. Not happy bout this change a'tall....