Help! Bag successfully delivered but buyer claims she haven't received it and opened

lil*miz*vixen

H & LV Mommy
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
Hi*

I really need your help.

I've read numerous horror stories about ebay buyers on here and was quite reluctant to list my bags on ebay.

Just bought a new car so I wanted to recoupe some money quickly so I listed 2 bags on ebay.

My buyer used best offer to purchase my bag within minutes after I listed it. Literally 6 minutes. .. seems like she was just trying to try my price.*

I sent her an invoice right after but haven't heard from her.

On the 3rd day, I messaged her to let her know if payment is not received then npb will be filed. *She replied back saying she will pay the next day.

She paid the next day but ask that I should be sure it's mm size and not pm... size and measurements was clearly listed.. seems like she was just trying to give me conditions or make things difficult for me.*

I shipped the bag with the original receipt and dust bag on may 30th.

Tracking says it was successfully delivered to the states from Canada on June 4th.

On the 6th she messaged me saying she haven't received it.

I just found out she opened a case with ebay.

What is gonna happen?

Will the case be in her favor?

I'm quite guessing it was an impulsive purchase and originally she didn't want to pay and follow through. *But then she did and now she's trying to claim she haven't received it although it says it was successfully delivered.*

What can I do now?

Is there anything I can do?

Am I going to lose my bag and my money?

:cry: *

Please help

Thank you

Hi*

I really need your help.

I've read numerous horror stories about ebay buyers on here and was quite reluctant to list my bags on ebay.

Just bought a new car so I wanted to recoupe some money quickly so I listed 2 bags on ebay.

My buyer used best offer to purchase my bag within minutes after I listed it. Literally 6 minutes. .. seems like she was just trying to try my price.*

I sent her an invoice right after but haven't heard from her.

On the 3rd day, I messaged her to let her know if payment is not received then npb will be filed. *She replied back saying she will pay the next day.

She paid the next day but ask that I should be sure it's mm size and not pm... size and measurements was clearly listed.. seems like she was just trying to give me conditions or make things difficult for me.*

I shipped the bag with the original receipt and dust bag on may 30th.

Tracking says it was successfully delivered to the states from Canada on June 4th.

On the 6th she messaged me saying she haven't received it.

I just found out she opened a case with ebay.

What is gonna happen?

Will the case be in her favor?

I'm quite guessing it was an impulsive purchase and originally she didn't want to pay and follow through. *But then she did and now she's trying to claim she haven't received it although it says it was successfully delivered.*

What can I do now?

Is there anything I can do?

Am I going to lose my bag and my money?

:cry: *

Please help

Thank you

Did you have signature confirmation on the bag?

my dh shipped the bag out for me and he forgot to purchase signature confirmation :cry:

i spoke to ebay and she said not to worry since i've done everything i can (shipping it out promptly and uploading tracking)

item was $690 with shipping it was $740... i'm reading some older threads that ebay only requires signature confirmation with items over $750....

i asked ebay rep and she said i'm fine without sc....

sigh...whats gonna happen?

i should have known better not to ship the bag out, it was real obvious she best offered my bag on a whim and really didnt wanna follow through... at first i just wanted to let her know and will file npb when she doesnt pay and get my ebay fees back... sigh... should have known better not to sell on ebay... :cry:

my dh shipped the bag out for me and he forgot to purchase signature confirmation :cry:

i spoke to ebay and she said not to worry since i've done everything i can (shipping it out promptly and uploading tracking)

item was $690 with shipping it was $740... i'm reading some older threads that ebay only requires signature confirmation with items over $750....

sigh...whats gonna happen?

i should have known better not to ship the bag out, it was real obvious she best offered my bag on a whim and really didnt wanna follow through... at first i just wanted to let her know and will file npb when she doesnt pay and get my ebay fees back... sigh... should have known better not to sell on ebay... :cry:

I am not sure if it applies to Canadian sellers but for US sellers only delivery confirmation is required for shipments worth $750 or less.

I am not sure if it applies to Canadian sellers but for US sellers only delivery confirmation is required for shipments worth $750 or less.
^^^ AFAIK, this is correct. I believe that paypal has also changed to $750, up from $250. You should be okay.

You'll be covered. Thankfully, your buyer opened the case with Ebay instead of Paypal. I think Paypal is still going with $250 or more.

:hugs:
The current UA has changed the minimum amount requiring s.c. to $750 to match ebay.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US#11

11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery and Signature Confirmation Requirements.
"Proof of Shipment" is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item is shipped.
  • The recipient’s address matches the shipping address provided on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient’s address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
"Proof of Delivery" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The item’s status as delivered.
  • The date the item is delivered.
  • The recipient address is the same as in the shipping address section on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature Confirmation as described below if the full amount of the payment including shipping and taxes is $750 USD or more or its foreign currency equivalent provided below:
850 Australian Dollar (AUD)
950 New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
1,750 Brazilian Real (BRL)
4,600 Norwegian Krone (NOK)
850 Canadian Dollar (CAD)
34,000 Philippine Peso (PHP)
15,000 Czech Republic Koruna (CZK)
2,300 Polish New Zloty (PLN)
4,100 Danish Krone (DKK)
450 Pound Sterling – United Kingdom (GBP)
550 Euro (EUR)
950 Singaporean Dollar (SGD)
6,000 Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
4,950 Swedish Krona (SEK)
170,000 Hungarian Forint (HUF)
700 Swiss Franc (CHF)
2,700 Israeli Shekel (ILS)
23,000 Taiwan New Dollar (TWD)
77,000 Japanese Yen (JPY)
24,500 Thai Baht (THB)
10,000 Mexican New Peso (MXN)

"Signature Confirmation" is online documentation that can be viewed at the shipping company’s website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery.

thanks ladies! i hope i'll be fine...

contacted usps by email since its sunday

i found the template of the email beenburned taught other members to use.
i've messaged my buyer with the same template and filled in the blanks with my tracking number and delivered date & time.

Assuming your transaction was in USD, you just slipped in under the wire for not requiring signature. :sweat drop:

I know there are legitimate INRs but I think most of the time claims like this are bogus and your buyer is probably not aware that the threshold has changed. Ebay/Paypal generally stick to their guidelines with respect to the requirements for tracking/signature so you should be fine.

I hope everything will turn out OK for you.

Signature confirmation is a protection for both seller and buyer IMO. When the seller is not required to offer, the buyer should have the option to pay for it.