Reveal: It Started With "House of Cards"

ElainePG

Purse Princess
Oct 3, 2013
If you're a fan of House of Cards, you'll know that Robin Wright's YSL Large Black Muse plays... if not a lead character... at least a supporting role. (The bag should have been nominated for an Emmy: Best Supporting Accessory.) The Hubster and I are just catching up on this series, and when I saw The Bag in Season 1, Episode 2, I simply had to own one.

There were two problems.
(1) The Muse is discontinued.
(2) Robin Wright is 5'6" tall, and can therefore easily carry the Large bag. I am 6 inches shorter; the Large would overwhelm me.

Attachments

• ClaireMuse1.png
    ClaireMuse1.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,687
However, I discovered that several years after the original Muse bags were introduced, YSL introduced the Medium, and then, eventually, the Small. At a mere 11" across, the Small was definitely the bag for me!

After some intense Internet searching, I found the bag of my dreams. Ready for the reveal?

Attachments

• Muse15.jpg
    Muse15.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,712
Reactions: mar4712
How about a few "sneak peeks" first? As the German architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe said, "God is in the details."

Attachments

• Muse7.jpg
    Muse7.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,645
  • Muse8.jpg
    Muse8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,646
  • Muse2.jpg
    Muse2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,637
  • Muse1.jpg
    Muse1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,648
And now for some long-shots.

I just love the "Y" design in the front and back of the bag, repeated in miniature in the key holder.

Attachments

• Muse11.jpg
    Muse11.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,630
  • Muse12.jpg
    Muse12.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,625
  • Muse3.jpg
    Muse3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,616
  • Muse13.jpg
    Muse13.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,621
I love it too Elaine. I have a regular size (or maybe it's considered large) Muse in black but I love your color. Really love those metallics - including Cilifene's Balenciaga.

Oh! It is beautiful! I love the color of the leather and of the hardware! You look fabulous as always! Enjoy!!! :woot:
(btw, I never even noticed her bag on HoC, but I did notice her impeccable clothing. Next season (if there is one?) I will be sure to keep an eye out for accessories!)

Love it, Elaine...one of your best bag purchases!

Beautiful, simply beautiful! And you wear it so well, Elaine! Congrats!

Elaine, your new Muse is stunning! I love all the details and the color!!! It and your Hermes scarf look fabulous on you:smile:). Congratulations

I love it too Elaine. I have a regular size (or maybe it's considered large) Muse in black but I love your color. Really love those metallics - including Cilifene's Balenciaga.

Thank you so much! I'm floating on air… I fell in love with it the minute I saw it on Robin Wright's arm!

Now do I have to find the perfect pair of bronze shoes? Or did they repeal that law about the shoes matching the bag? :lol: What I really had fun with was matching the scarf to the bag!

Oh! It is beautiful! I love the color of the leather and of the hardware! You look fabulous as always! Enjoy!!! :woot:
(btw, I never even noticed her bag on HoC, but I did notice her impeccable clothing. Next season (if there is one?) I will be sure to keep an eye out for accessories!)

Thank you, rainne!

When we saw the bag, we googled "Robin Wright HoC clothes" and found an article about her outfits. They deliberately dress her in neutral colors, and she only carries 2 daytime bags: a Large Muse, or a Mulberry (both black, of course!). Plus, the Muse is a few years old at the time she's supposed to be carrying it, which was a deliberate decision… it makes the statement "I'm so focussed on work that I don't have time to think about the latest 'IT' handbag!"

Love it Elaine. It looks absolutely fabulous on you.
:yahoo:
Thank you, Inw! And thank you for all the pre-purchase moral support, too. I don't think I'd have had the nerve to take a chance on this if you hadn't been holding my hand the entire time!

And now… I devoutly hope… you have found an equally remarkable bag, too. Fingers crossed! :smile: