Another question :) DE Speedy vs. DE Speedy B

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I know I just bought a delightful, but I am thinking about making one more purchase before the baby comes. Here's the dilemma, I currently own a DE speedy. I LOVE this bag, and it's definitely my most used (I actually asked my husband what my most used bag was and he picked it out of a box!).

With the baby on the way, I understand how impractical this bag is, which is why I am considering selling it and getting a DE speedy B.

I have researched resale options, as I'm not sure I feel comfortable selling it myself. I'm too nervous! This means that I will probably lose quite a bit on the bag. My husband feels like it's not worth it to switch and take a loss on my current bag when I wont need the strap options forever.

What do you think? Switch, don't Switch? I would love your advice.

Thank you so much!

(P.S. does anyone know what the breakdown is for Yoogis?)

I would not waste the time and money to buy the B. I have two regular Speedy and one Speedy B - I actually like the regular better myself. I mean I love the option of the strap but I would never wear cross body and probably should have saved myself 500 bucks. The Speedy to me looks better hand held. I mean I guess having a baby the strap will come in handy. If you didn't already have the Speedy DE - I'd say go for it. But I wouldn't sell and loose money to purchase the B.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I never had a regular Speedy and just recently got a Speedy B. Maybe it's because it is what I had first, but I can't imagine having this bag without the straps! It may also have something to do with the fact that I carried my DE Duomo for a while and was sick of handheld. Idk, I'm kind of over handheld at the moment, possibly for a really really long time. I am ALLLL about the Speedy B right now - so much so that I plan on getting another one, 25 in DE. But if you already have a regular Speedy and it is your most used bag, I would say to just keep it and don't bother losing money to get a Speedy B. You just got the Delightful which will help you get through the baby. You can go back to using the Speedy when your child is older or on days when you aren't with your baby.

I would not waste the time and money to buy the B. I have two regular Speedy and one Speedy B - I actually like the regular better myself. I mean I love the option of the strap but I would never wear cross body and probably should have saved myself 500 bucks. The Speedy to me looks better hand held. I mean I guess having a baby the strap will come in handy. If you didn't already have the Speedy DE - I'd say go for it. But I wouldn't sell and loose money to purchase the B.

Be Blessed MoNikki

+1 My thoughts exactly!:tup:

I used to have a mono speedy and now have a de speedy b and could never go back to a classic speedy. I use my empreinte speedys all the time. I love the strap and cross body options...speedys are always in high demand at Yoogis and sell quickly...you could ask for a quote and get an idea of what you would get..they do break it down with both direct buyout and consignment...

Be Blessed MoNikki

Thank you so much! I think this is what confuses me - I use the bag all the time because I love it - but I would really like if it had more options.

I know I wont be able to use it when the baby is little and this is my most carefree option in my collection - the only other DE bag I have for crappy weather is my DE NF

I used to have a mono speedy and now have a de speedy b and could never go back to a classic speedy. I use my empreinte speedys all the time. I love the strap and cross body options...speedys are always in high demand at Yoogis and sell quickly...you could ask for a quote and get an idea of what you would get..they do break it down with both direct buyout and consignment...

Thank you! Have you sold through them before? Is it not like a 60/40, or 50/50 split?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you! Have you sold through them before? Is it not like a 60/40, or 50/50 split?

I really appreciate your help.

Yes, I have bought and sold to Yoogis and and sold to couture USA, great experiences from both places! I'm not sure what the breakdown is for Yoogis but I know a lot of people check Yoogis every day and their customer service is wonderful. They also pay for the shipping for you to send you item..so does couture USA but it has to be over a certain dollar amount. Happy to help!

I've only ever had a Speedy B and not the original Speedy, but I definitely find the straps really really convenient. I've worn it both crossbody and over the shoulders. I do think with a baby on the way you'll probably want your hands free. I think whether or not you should sell your Speedy depends on the quote that you get from Yoogi's, etc, and whether you think you'd be willing to let the bag go for that price.

I never had a regular Speedy and just recently got a Speedy B. Maybe it's because it is what I had first, but I can't imagine having this bag without the straps! It may also have something to do with the fact that I carried my DE Duomo for a while and was sick of handheld. Idk, I'm kind of over handheld at the moment, possibly for a really really long time. I am ALLLL about the Speedy B right now - so much so that I plan on getting another one, 25 in DE. But if you already have a regular Speedy and it is your most used bag, I would say to just keep it and don't bother losing money to get a Speedy B. You just got the Delightful which will help you get through the baby. You can go back to using the Speedy when your child is older or on days when you aren't with your baby.

Thank you - I appreciate the advice!

I love the Speedy B it's my very favorite bag.

Thank you!

+1 My thoughts exactly!:tup:

Thank you for the advice!

I would keep the Speedy, especially since you have a DE NF

Thank you - the DE NF will definitely be helpful!

I've only ever had a Speedy B and not the original Speedy, but I definitely find the straps really really convenient. I've worn it both crossbody and over the shoulders. I do think with a baby on the way you'll probably want your hands free. I think whether or not you should sell your Speedy depends on the quote that you get from Yoogi's, etc, and whether you think you'd be willing to let the bag go for that price.

Yes, I think the quote from Yoogi's will make a major difference - thanks!

Thank you so much! I think this is what confuses me - I use the bag all the time because I love it - but I would really like if it had more options.

I know I wont be able to use it when the baby is little and this is my most carefree option in my collection - the only other DE bag I have for crappy weather is my DE NF

Honestly if you want the same bag with more options, it may just be worth it! I could have bought a brand new Speedy at the LV store for what I paid for my Speedy B on eBay (I did get lucky with a great deal on a brand new one though), but I am so so so glad I got the B. I never use it handheld. Sometimes I try carrying it using the handles, but I just don't like it. LOVE the strap option!

Since you have NF DE you have plenty options with the Delightful as well. Don't waste the money right now - keep the Speedy dear.

Be Blessed MoNikki