Bag for work - options?

Debbie1633

May 31, 2014
I think I am leaning towards getting a Totally MM in DE for work. I love that it has double straps that are long enough so I can carry the bag on my shoulders. The zipper is awesome because it gives me a sense of security. The outside pockets are great too. However, I want to get all your opinions to make sure I'm not missing another bag option. Whatever bag I wind up getting will be my first LV! :smile:

IMO It depends on:

1.Where you work-- If you wear casual at work, i suggest mono or DE speedy. For more dressy occasions, i suggest something epi: Alma or neverfull, or other
2.What you carry to work-- If you carry laptop or your lunch, i suggest mono neverfull.
3.How you go to work--If you go by your car, i suggest neverfull, if you take public transport, totally or speedy is more suitable

Good luck deciding!

Hello Debbie1633 - you know you want this bad girl! Lol we've been here - pull the trigger. I disagree with the above as I wear my Totally MM DE with my business attire and it wears quite fine. This is a dress up dress down bag in my opinion. I like wearing it with red and have worn it with a skirt suit - so go on girl get that bag.

Miss ENABLER at your service!

Be Blessed MoNikki

The Totally MM would be a great work bag. Another you might consider would be the Pallas. It also has 2 outside pockets that run the length of the bag with strong magnetic closures. It can be hand held or shoulder carried. And the pop of leather color on the top is beautiful and it carries on into the interior of the handbag that is very luxurious.

There are also a lot of great colors to choose from.

Good Luck!

The Montaigne woohoo! 😍
Thanks for your suggestion! Montaigne is a GORGEOUS bag. I did consider that for a moment but there are 2 reasons going against it:
1) I live in DC and commute to work using the metro. The open style of the bag (w/o zipper) makes me a little nervous.
2) The handles are not long enough to allow me to carry on my shoulder. I know that the bag has a long strap but when I have a long strap like that, I tend to carry it cross body. The bag feels too classy to be carrying it cross body.

Hello Debbie1633 - you know you want this bad girl! Lol we've been here - pull the trigger. I disagree with the above as I wear my Totally MM DE with my business attire and it wears quite fine. This is a dress up dress down bag in my opinion. I like wearing it with red and have worn it with a skirt suit - so go on girl get that bag.

Miss ENABLER at your service!

Be Blessed MoNikki
You really are an enabler!! :smile: I plan to do a little more research and if I don't find anything else, I'll probably order next week. BTW, I live in DC. There is no LV store here so I'll order online and pay no sales tax! woot! Thinking of getting a cles too - in mono or DA? Does the DA get dirty easily?

The Totally MM would be a great work bag. Another you might consider would be the Pallas. It also has 2 outside pockets that run the length of the bag with strong magnetic closures. It can be hand held or shoulder carried. And the pop of leather color on the top is beautiful and it carries on into the interior of the handbag that is very luxurious.

There are also a lot of great colors to choose from.

Good Luck!
Thanks for your suggestion!

BTW, I saw your post on your LV collection the other day. I am so envious!!

You really are an enabler!! :smile: I plan to do a little more research and if I don't find anything else, I'll probably order next week. BTW, I live in DC. There is no LV store here so I'll order online and pay no sales tax! woot! Thinking of getting a cles too - in mono or DA? Does the DA get dirty easily?

I am I am. Yes ma'am I always order online because you do not pay taxes and let me tell you that 75 to 100 bucks makes a difference. I will go into the store to compare things though and look before I purchase. My boutique is about an hour and a half away so it's really not somewhere I can pop over after work. Yes I would compare some other bags before your purchase really though. The only bag comparable to the Totally MM is the Neverfull MM. Oh and there is also the Delightful PM. I can get you come comparison pictures if you like through messaging. I do like the Pallas but it was not big enough for me. You also might want to take a look at the new releases for June which I think are the Voltaire and the Tuileries both in Monogram.

As for the Cles I would do a DE if it's your first. My first cles was Mono. I do not believe the Azure will get dirty and if so you can clean with a baby wipe.

I used to use a Neverfull for work, but it was a little too big and everything would get lost. I use a Surface Pro as a laptop, it's one of those tablet/laptop crossovers, so it fits perfectly in my Totally DE, along with my pochette accessoires (wallet, lipstick), mini pochette (keys), agenda, and a small tote for cords. I like that the bag is structured enough to keep everything organized and easily accessible.

But I think the best advice is to "get them both!" :smile: That's what I've learned so far on this forum, lol! :smile:

I used to use a Neverfull for work, but it was a little too big and everything would get lost. I use a Surface Pro as a laptop, it's one of those tablet/laptop crossovers, so it fits perfectly in my Totally DE, along with my pochette accessoires (wallet, lipstick), mini pochette (keys), agenda, and a small tote for cords. I like that the bag is structured enough to keep everything organized and easily accessible.

But I think the best advice is to "get them both!" :smile: That's what I've learned so far on this forum, lol! :smile:
What size in Neverfull do you have?

And I would love to get them both but money doesn't grow on trees! ;)