Small sob - black bays

deliakate

O.G.
Mar 5, 2009
I've just bought a black nvt bays from a private seller - although t's brand new from bv.

Unfort it was packed into a tiny box and now there are deep creases and it's all floppy. What can I do to remedy?

I bought a preloved chocolate Congo bays recently. Although she was packed well, I was surprised at how floppy she is. So I bought a plastic base shaper and a felt liner (recommended on a thread on here) and she's much better now so I'd recommend doing that :smile:

Ok, thanks. Its just because I bought an oak one from the same batch at BV and it a lot more rigid and stands up on its own - just a lot less slouchy. I used to love Darwin leather, so was hoping nvt would be more like that.

Ok, thanks. Its just because I bought an oak one from the same batch at BV and it a lot more rigid and stands up on its own - just a lot less slouchy. I used to love Darwin leather, so was hoping nvt would be more like that.

I know exactly what you mean. My raspberry goat bays is much more structured than my chocolate congo bays, which is why I offered the advice. It really comes down to personal taste. I agree with the others that it's a lovely bays :smile:

She looks in pretty good condition - if you are worried about the floppies (and I can sympathise - I like my bags to hold their rigidity) then keep her stuffed well and perhaps look into a shaper or base as already suggested above?

I've just bought a black nvt bays from a private seller - although t's brand new from bv.

Unfort it was packed into a tiny box and now there are deep creases and it's all floppy. What can I do to remedy?

I think she looks lovely. Before you use her give her a good spray then stuff her out with a lot of paper & cut out some stiff card to fit underneath the flap. Then let her stand for a few days, this should make a difference with the creases. As the others have suggested a bag liner should also make some difference when you come to use her. Congrats :ghi5:

Here's one 'unstuffed'!

My black nvt is droopy too which is why I added black nickel grainy print.
Still love her though when I want a less rigid look.
Stuff with paper when not in use and when using add a base shaper and VIP bag liner (or other liner) to help give it some shape.
She is gorgeous. Enjoy!